• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Connacht are on a good path imo

Friend seems the right man for the job

Enjoyable game last night played with the right spirits
    Very good.
    Such a shame someone like Friend couldnt have come in straight from Lam. Seems to be rightly progressing from him and last season forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by porterbelly View Post

Tom Farrell never played for Leinster senior team, was signed from Bedford Blues after being released by London Irish
      Matt Healy never played for Leinster senior team, was signed from Lansdowne.

Obviously not what you were insinuating but it riles me when I hear how many 'ex Leinster players' we have. It can be pretty misleading, because most of them never played a minute in a senior Leinster jersey.
      Yes - you are correct. I just meant they were originally from Leinster. There was no slight intended to Connacht rugby, though I do like to see provincial teams composed mostly of home-grown players. I am an Ulster supporter, and there the situation is as bad or worse, with a lot of Leinstermen on the books plus players from many other outside sources. I think Ulster have started a few games this season with as few as 2 or 3 Ulstermen. It is what it is, but sad for Ulster fans to see this and I find that I am becoming less enthusiastic about watching a team with this makeup. I'd much rather see effort going into developing Ulster underage players and the Academy, even if it means a couple of lean years.
      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Yes - you are correct. I just meant they were originally from Leinster. There was no slight intended to Connacht rugby, though I do like to see provincial teams composed mostly of home-grown players. I am an Ulster supporter, and there the situation is as bad or worse, with a lot of Leinstermen on the books plus players from many other outside sources. I think Ulster have started a few games this season with as few as 2 or 3 Ulstermen. It is what it is, but sad for Ulster fans to see this and I find that I am becoming less enthusiastic about watching a team with this makeup. I'd much rather see effort going into developing Ulster underage players and the Academy, even if it means a couple of lean years.
        Leinster-born players, because of its population, should produce more players- and more players than they can accommodate within their system. I’d prefer Irish lads had the opportunity to play at home, and commit to a province in which they were not born, if it means we can watch high class rugby based on home grown players, rather than imports. I agree, absolutely, that our academies need strengthening, but while they are not capable of producing better province born players than are available from elsewhere in Ireland, we should ignore the Leinster taunt, and enjoy home grown rugby and a thriving national squad.

Comment

Was it just me or did the game slow to glacial proportions when Murray came on? Good god man pass the ball, and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
            Was it just me or did the game slow to glacial proportions when Murray came on? Good god man pass the ball, and fast.
            I agree with you. I also think he overdoes the box kick - yes it is a good weapon but at times it is just giving procession away when ball retention may be better option. Always felt that a SH needs to be unpredictable and keep defense thinking. I do think Alby does that better.

Comment

We've had some very inept match officials in recent times. Probably cost us 2 games and could impact on our CC Progress.

It was refreshing to get a really solid reffing performance the last day, for a change. M Adamson (SFU) - very competent IMO - Got all the big calls right and used his TMO well.
              Usually the Jocks don't produce god refs but this lad is impressive. Hope we get him in the CC again.

Credit where it's due.

Comment

I think he's a considerable distance from his peak currently. We may be instructed to keep playing him however, as there's nothing like a run of games to carve out a bit of form.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I have visions of Murray in green running to the ruck pass and move pass and move, in red it seems to be get to ruck stand up make sure the pillar is there and box kick. Can't be the game plan as Alby was running the ball or passing all night. Feel Conor tends to phone it in at times with Munster.

Comment

I have visions of Murray in green running to the ruck pass and move pass and move, in red it seems to be get to ruck stand up make sure the pillar is there and box kick. Can't be the game plan as Alby was running the ball or passing all night. Feel Conor tends to phone it in at times with Munster.
                    Murray has been kicking the leather off the ball for Ireland for ages. The box kick has been one of Irelands more important plays for ages.

Comment

Surely Murray has earned the benefit of the doubt at this stage? He came on with Munster 7 points up, twenty five minutes to go. They went two tries up about ten minutes later.

If the game slowed at that point, it was because they wanted to slow the game.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Fair play to you for getting two nibbles in just over an hour with bait as rancid as that.

Comment

Listen you can disagree if you want but he looks well within himself alot of the time when the backline is crying out for fast ball.

Comment

Listen you can disagree if you want but he looks well within himself alot of the time when the backline is crying out for fast ball.
                            He looked within himself when scoring tries against the All Blacks. He's such a quality player he always looks like he's playing in slow-mo.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

But it's just as likely that he was given instructions going on as to how fast and loose Munster wanted to play, given that most of Connacht's points were coming from breaks.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Jaysus, he came on and closed out a bonus point win against a still very lively Connacht side and you’re complaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X