Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
    Our first away win in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England or France in 13 months, we have been as bad as the French on the road for a while now.
    On top of our group after this game. All that matters now.

Comment

Few people saying the pass from Alby to Goggin was forward but it looks spot on to me from these (taken from @TRK's gif). You can clearly see the 5m and try lines in both;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 13.00.45.png
Views:	0
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	2552830Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 13.01.36.png
Views:	0
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	2552831
      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Connacht head coach Andy Friend described Munster as "the best team we have played this year" following their narrow defeat in the Sportsground on Saturday night.

Friend’s side took Munster all the way in a gripping game and went down to the final play.

He took little consolation in being involved in some thrilling games over the Christmas period but was in a gracious mood when speaking to RTÉ Sport in Galway last night.

Friend said: "When you look at the history books, it'll tell you we only won one of them and lost two of them. We know the Leinster game was the one that really hurt us and I thought we were really brave in the way we bounced back against Ulster.

"Tonight it was a humdinger of a match and it could have gone either way. Fair play to Munster, I thought they were the best team we have played this year. In the end they got the win.

"I thought it was a good game of football to be honest. I thought both teams gave everything they had. Munster were very, very clincial. They played a smart game.
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
          Our first away win in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England or France in 13 months, we have been as bad as the French on the road for a while now.
          Great fact hunting. Last win was against Leicester on 17 December 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

Great fact hunting. Last win was against Leicester on 17 December 2017.
            Unreal fact and Mind boggling that with that form we topped the euro group. Made two semis. Are top of our euro and league going in to January.

Our home form is unreal though

Comment

Early doors at pp. glaws are +5. We are 8/15 to win match.

Comment

Ref had a good game last night.

Comment

I think all four of the starting Connacht threequarter line were ex-Leinster men. They looked pretty good too. T. Farrell has been great all season and had a tremendous game yesterday.
                  Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                    I think all four of the starting Connacht threequarter line were ex-Leinster men. They looked pretty good too. T. Farrell has been great all season and had a tremendous game yesterday.
                    3/23 for Connacht are from Connacht based on last nights squad. A lot are lamenting the strength of the 4 provinces but Connacht are not producing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                      Early doors at pp. glaws are +5. We are 8/15 to win match.
                      I would back us -5 all day long. Easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

3/23 for Connacht are from Connacht based on last nights squad. A lot are lamenting the strength of the 4 provinces but Connacht are not producing.
                        They are producing. They wont get near what other provinces do because of the significant difference in playing population never mind total population between Connacht and other provinces.
                        And it was more than 3 who are from Connacht from last nights squad of 23. Think it was 7(Buckley, Heffernan, Blade, Carty, Leader, Gallagher, De Buitlear).

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                          Tom Farrell never played for Leinster senior team, was signed from Bedford Blues after being released by London Irish
                          Matt Healy never played for Leinster senior team, was signed from Lansdowne.

Obviously not what you were insinuating but it riles me when I hear how many 'ex Leinster players' we have. It can be pretty misleading, because most of them never played a minute in a senior Leinster jersey.
                          Last edited by porterbelly; 6th-January-2019, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                            They are producing. They wont get near what other provinces do because of the significant difference in playing population never mind total population between Connacht and other provinces.
                            And it was more than 3 who are from Connacht from last nights squad of 23. Think it was 7(Buckley, Heffernan, Blade, Carty, Leader, Gallagher, De Buitlear).
                            Matthew Burke, replacement prop is a Ballinrobe lad too.

Tiernan O Halloran, Eoin McKeon, Sean O Brien, Conan O Donnell, Eoin Griffin all injured.

Henshaw and Caelan Doris poached by the boys in blue

Plenty of of provincial born players there.

Last edited by porterbelly; 6th-January-2019, 21:21.

Comment

Connacht are on a good path imo

Friend seems the right man for the job

Enjoyable game last night played with the right spirits
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by porterbelly View Post

Matthew Burke, replacement prop is a Ballinrobe lad too.

Tiernan O Halloran, Eoin McKeon, Sean O Brien, Conan O Donnell, Eoin Griffin all injured.

Henshaw and Caelan Doris poached by the boys in blue

Plenty of of provincial born players there.
                                Forgot about Matty Burke. Have reffed a few of the guys playing.
                                Plenty there and a lot more to come. Especially from "non traditional" areas. We're seeing players from carraroe and many other areas all across province with pro players for first time

Comment

Working...
                                X