Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Why didn't we try for a drop to deprive them of the Losing Bonus?
    Potential to lose game if missed and stayed in field. 4 points is good to get from Sground. No point risking losing that even if unlikely

Comment

Very pleased with that. The days of Connacht being an easy away fixture are long gone they really know how to test a defence. So we did well.Seeing. Tadgh Beirne at full time he always reminds me of someone who has been toiling in the fields on a hot day. Always puts in a huge shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
        Oh give me patience, we have a WBP and a really good performance in a really difficult place to play, we are now top of the league but there’s still moaning.
        Thanks Strings save me doing all that typing
        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
          Potential to lose game if missed and stayed in field. 4 points is good to get from Sground. No point risking losing that even if unlikely
          Yet we still kicked away possession twice in the closing stages, and if you going to kick it then why not try to score and take the LBP off them.

Comment

That Tom Farrell try was well taken but weird. He strips the ball from Botha but (unintentionally?) shields the ball so much that he runs off and Earls attacks the maul ...
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              Try 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                Not getting carried away with the result or anything, but having fought our way back to the top of our conference I think we're on for the double.
                Well judged assessment of the situation!

Comment

Conway made a sizzling break from his 22? I must have been fetching another can!
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

We have a handy run of fixtures for the foreseeable future. Only ospreys away is a toughie

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                      Conway made a sizzling break from his 22? I must have been fetching another can!
                      Yep near our goal line. Faked a kick and ran. Was brought down at the halfway

Comment

Great result. Scannell has another very good game and pack and lineout very impressive. Good performances all round for Munster.

No harm in having a few scares and torn apart in midfield by Farrell , who should have been man of the match. That was the best individual.performance in the league I've seen this year, he has to be in Irish squad.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

That was a fantastic performance. Our game management was superb - some great kicks and all at the right time. Let's give management some credit.

Too many good performances to name them - Connaught are a decent side on a great run so this was a big win.

This sets us up perfectly for a huge week end.

Just remember that but for an appalling decision v Ulster, we'd probably have beaten all the other provinces.

I'm disappointed for Wootton - this was a huge opportunity for him and he had a nightmare. Won't get another chance this season.

The biggest plus is that Goggin has retained his form after his layoff.

Comment

Most improved parts of our game tonight ,kicked v well in behind and pinned a danngerous counter attacking team back, scannell much improved on line out throws .
                            farrell add a new dimension to attack and we used him well enough .
                            carberry is looking more assured and i for one hope he is enjoying life down south ,all in all a great start to new year .

Comment

Standard goes up all the time, but this is probably the best squad Munster have had.
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I have a good old feeling we are back

Comment

Working...
                                X