Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Gotta back it up, they're in our log in the league.

Hon Munster, and happy new year you filthy animals!
    Starts
    5th-January-2019 19:35
    Ends
    6th-January-2019 17:10
    I am the million man.

Looks like a long game...

Comment

Gonna be a tough night.
      Connaught sorted out Ulster pretty handy.
      Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post
        Looks like a long game...
        I bin drrrrriiiinnkin
        I am the million man.

Comment

Much more optimistic now - what a difference a day or two makes. Connacht should have put Ulster to the sword at the Sportsgrounds but they didn't. Ospreys stumbled at Dragons. It's 2nd v 3rd and we'll surely select a team to deal with that. If we have a decent pack out, we'll beat them. Murray is due a quality game and hopefully he'll be selected to have it. I'd have confidence in Joey or Tyler at 10 and our outside backs should be more than adequate defensively.

Even without POM and possibly CJ, I think we'll be OK. Munster to win.
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

This is our hardest test of the Interpros. A result here and we really put the pressure on Glasgow. Pete back presumably and Murray and Carberry have to start together. Excited about rugby Rhys getting back towered fitness too

Comment

Originally posted by timbot View Post
              This is our hardest test of the Interpros. A result here and we really put the pressure on Glasgow. Pete back presumably and Murray and Carberry have to start together. Excited about rugby Rhys getting back towered fitness too
              I agree about its importance, but I don’t see Murray or Joey starting- because of upcoming HCUP- expect Alby and TB, will BillJ on bench, JJ at Full back, Jaco at 12 and Farrell at 13. Wootton and Sweets on wings. Benched front row to start. Billy Holland and Kleyn, with Conor, Arno and TOD.

Comment

Any word on how Chris Cloete is?
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I agree about its importance, but I don’t see Murray or Joey starting- because of upcoming HCUP- expect Alby and TB, will BillJ on bench, JJ at Full back, Jaco at 12 and Farrell at 13. Wootton and Sweets on wings. Benched front row to start. Billy Holland and Kleyn, with Conor, Arno and TOD.
                  I disagree. Going into Europe I think we'll go close to full strength just like we did against Edinburgh.

Comment

Why would POM start? That would be madness after resting him against Leinster. For the sake of continuity CM and JC to start at half backs with 2 big games coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I disagree. Going into Europe I think we'll go close to full strength just like we did against Edinburgh.
                      We historically never pick a weakened team week -1 from the Heineken cup. I expect close to a full team. Pom hasn’t played since Castres.not picking him but would be a month without a competitive game.

Comment

Originally posted by desert man View Post
                        Why would POM start? That would be madness after resting him against Leinster. For the sake of continuity CM and JC to start at half backs with 2 big games coming...
                        Why would it be madness to play POM ? He has not played since Castre away. Bear in mind that it is JS who calls the shots on internationals gametime. General rule of thumb was for most to play 2 out of 3 interpros with some individual exceptions to play only 1.

Comment

I expect POM will be back and Murray and Joey will start too. All need to play before Europe resumes.

Could see Tadhg rested, maybe with Fineen playing lock this week.

With a bit of luck Marshall, TOD and Farrell could return. All three are back training according to recent reports so fingers crossed.

We need a strong team out, since Connacht will be fully focused on this one.

Comment

TOD played in Belfast
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                              TOD played in Belfast
                              Of course he did. Completely forgot!

Comment

Working...
                              X