P14 Round 12) Us V Them - Sat 29th 17.15 Eir and Premier Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

Man it’s dec 22. It’s xmas. Eveybody with family and kids is up the walls trying to get everything over the line for the big day and a munster Leinster game in the middle of it is just fantastic. However a poster who has joined dec 2018 maybe should go out and do something more constructive this time of year than post that
    I know the time of year and I’m all sorted for Christmas thank you. For me to take time to post a message about a ref selection takes the same amount of time fir any other post on this thread or fourm. As a leinster fan I’m outraged at this ref selection, I don’t think it’s right, I think it undermines the result and it’s most likely the biggest fixture of the league. From what I’ve seen of this fourm it looks like there is a lot of ref blaming for losses. How would you feel if franno was reffing this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

I know the time of year and I’m all sorted for Christmas thank you. For me to take time to post a message about a ref selection takes the same amount of time fir any other post on this thread or fourm. As a leinster fan I’m outraged at this ref selection, I don’t think it’s right, I think it undermines the result and it’s most likely the biggest fixture of the league. From what I’ve seen of this fourm it looks like there is a lot of ref blaming for losses. How would you feel if franno was reffing this weekend?
      You must have missed the times Alain Rolland reffed this same fixture in Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by CP09 View Post
        You must have missed the times Alain Rolland reffed this same fixture in Dublin
        That Happened once and I remember it well, he was called in as a late replacement after the original ref was bailed fir some reason. It wasn’t right then either and if the pro 14 wants to be taken seriously they need to cut that out. Marius Mitrea is reffing the in Belfast same day so no reason why an impartial ref couldn’t of been sourced.

There will probably be more Munster men born and bread officiating than playing in red.

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

The sun also rises.
          As predictably as a Leinster victory is the sun rising.

Comment

Mr Roland also reffed this fixture in Musgrave Park, many years ago, when he would have played (for Leinster) with many of the Leinster players on the night.

But Joe is right, to a certain extent. There should be neutral referees in all fixtures, so as to avoid any possible appearance of bias.

Where I disagree with Joe is in his last sentence where he is just plain wrong.

I'm afraid, Joe, this, latter terminological inexactitude undermines fatally your efforts to be taken seriously on this matter.
            Last edited by Piquet; 23rd-December-2018, 09:43. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              Mr Roland also reffed this fixture in Musgrave Park, many years ago, when he would have played (for Leinster) with many of the Leinster players on the night.
              When was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
                The ref is a cork man with 15 Munster caps ... disgrace
                Dave Kilcoyne can bench press more than Cian Healy
                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

When was this?
                  19th April 2002, Musgrave Park. It ended up a 6-6 draw.

The Leinster team that night was:

Leinster. G. D'Arcy, J. McWeeney, B. O'Driscoll, D. Quinlan, P. McKenna, N. Spooner, B. O'Meara, R. Corrigan (captain), S. Byrne, P. Wallace, B. Casey, M. O'Kelly, A. McCullen, E. Miller, K. Gleeson. Replacements. P. Smyth, P. Coyle, L. Cullen, L. Toland, B. Willis, S. Keogh, J. Norton.

Mr Rolland would have played with several of those.
                  Last edited by Piquet; 23rd-December-2018, 12:30. Reason: Added in the Leinster team.

Comment

Leinster. G. D'Arcy, J. McWeeney, B. O'Driscoll, D. Quinlan, P. McKenna, N. Spooner, B. O'Meara, R. Corrigan (captain), S. Byrne, P. Wallace, B. Casey, M. O'Kelly, A. McCullen, E. Miller, K. Gleeson. Replacements. P. Smyth, P. Coyle, L. Cullen, L. Toland, B. Willis, S. Keogh, J. Norton.

Cheers. That was essentially just a warm-up game for Munster's HEC semi-final against Castres though.

Comment

I feel a bit sorry for Frank Murphy. He's on a hiding to nothing in this game.

Comment

Was that the same night it poured with rain, and I mean poured!!

Comment

Cheers. That was essentially just a warm-up game for Munster's HEC semi-final against Castres though.
                          It was an Interprovincial game, with points available to the Championship.

Rollers would have played with Shane Byrne with 'Rock as well as Leinster FFS.

Comment

It was an Interprovincial game, with points available to the Championship.

Rollers would have played with Shane Byrne with 'Rock as well as Leinster FFS.
                            Some interpro championship considering Leinster played Munster twice that season but only once against Ulster and Connacht. The game was arranged as a warm-up for Munster's game against Castres the following weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

Was that the same night it poured with rain, and I mean poured!!

That was it... WORST EVER!!!!

Comment

Some interpro championship considering Leinster played Munster twice that season but only once against Ulster and Connacht. The game was arranged as a warm-up for Munster's game against Castres the following weekend.

The other time was in the final of the Celtic League.

All references to the game by the IRFU call it an Interprovincial chanoionship game.

You're partially right. The game was TIMED as a warm-up for the Castres game.

It was always going to be played.

Comment

Working...
                                X