No announcement yet.

Round 3 - Munster v Castres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we underestimate them at our peril. If they beat us they can top the pool. Lots to play for
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

If that’s the attitude though you’d expect people to get disillusioned and not bother much when you’re under pressure. Start strong, give them nothing and bring the down. We can worry about the size of the margin when the game is ours.

Comment

Looking forward to this now. The team is coming together nicely. Hopefully, most or all of the squad can stay fit (we will need them all as well as Kleyn, Cronin and others back) for a hugely challenging seven-match schedule in December and January:

- Castres (H),
        - Castres (A),
        - Ulster (A),
        - Leinster (H),
        - Connacht (A),
        - Gloucester (A),
        - Exeter (H)

The survivors of that will be in Newport on 26th Jan.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
          The Castres players last year came out after the game in Castres. They were very sociable and polite when asked what they thought of the European champions cup. They love to play the European games because it's a break away from the dog eat dog of the French league and reading between the lines they don't rate the champions cup much. The thing is when you're playing without the pressure then there's a flair comes into it. You just never know what's going to happen.
          I can't wait to see the team named and to see what's what.
          Castres may not rate the champions cup much but to be fair to the French have really improved their attitude to it as a whole. Toulon brought it back. Clermont have given mind body and soul to win it but have come up short. Racing are definitely in it to win it and stade are always Game. Maybe they are polite or maybe castres are not strong enough to challenge on both fronts

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            Looking forward to this now. The team is coming together nicely. Hopefully, most or all of the squad can stay fit (we will need them all as well as Kleyn, Cronin and others back) for a hugely challenging seven-match schedule in December and January:

- Castres (H),
            - Castres (A),
            - Ulster (A),
            - Leinster (H),
            - Connacht (A),
            - Gloucester (A),
            - Exeter (H)

The survivors of that will be in Newport on 26th Jan.
            Yeah jj to start. Keatley on bench in Newport

Comment

Arnold and Goggin have done well, but in attacking terms against high quality teams I think Farrell's return is massive. Get him clicked with Scannell or Tyler at 12 and we can make holes in top defences.

We've had the back 3 to make hay off a punchy midfield for some time now. Conway, Earls, Wootton, Scannell taking lines off Farrell should worry defences. Carbery and Tyler have the skills to put players into space.

To be honest, if we can't get a back line with these options moving we should shut up shop.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Do ye think they'll go with Tyler or JJ as backup 10? Can't see Scannell being dropped at 12 for Tyler and my guess is that Sammy Arnold will be 23

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                  Do ye think they'll go with Tyler or JJ as backup 10? Can't see Scannell being dropped at 12 for Tyler and my guess is that Sammy Arnold will be 23
                  The fitness or lack of for Haley might decide that.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

The fitness or lack of for Haley might decide that.
                    That's true. I know its wrong to think but I often feel when someone is reported as going through the RTP protocols it often means they will play that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post

That's true. I know its wrong to think but I often feel when someone is reported as going through the RTP protocols it often means they will play that weekend.
                      With a 9 day turn around from the last game the odds are he will be named in the team. It doesn't mean he'll play though. Sammy Arnold was named to play against the Cheetahs after passing the RTTP, but was pulled at the last minute.

Comment

Farrell is fast becoming more important to the team than Murray. Some unit.

Comment

I can’t wait for this game. I think it will be the first time Murray and Joey have started together for Munster. Hopefully Haley is fit, he has really made decent progress. Him, Keith and Andy (fingers crossed again) hooping about off Joey, Rory and Chris Farrell could be a right old handful.

Comment

Munster by 20

Comment

Castres better get to the temple and pray.

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                                Farrell is fast becoming more important to the team than Murray. Some unit.
                                ? seriously, before he got injured he was not wow for Munster, was exceptional for ireland in one game, and has since played once for Munster

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                                X