Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 8 - Cheetahs v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Guinness Pro14 - Round 8 - Cheetahs v Munster

    Live on Super Sport (SA), Eir Sport & Premier Sports

    16:45 local, 14:45 Irish time
    Starts
    4th-November-2018 14:45
    Ends
    4th-November-2018 16:45
    Location
    Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein

    #2
    Cheetahs are going to have their tails up going into this one (pun intended) after their win against Cardiff. We've taken a very good squad and hopefully lads like O'Shea, Wycherley, O'Connor and both Coombes are mad for road and looking to impress.

    Comment


      #3
      I honestly don’t know what to expect from Munster in this match.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BigLad View Post
        I honestly don’t know what to expect from Munster in this match.
        A losing bonus point would be welcome, but I'm not optimistic.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BigLad View Post
          I honestly don’t know what to expect from Munster in this match.
          Suppose 80 mins playing rugby is a good expectation

          Look at Glasgow coming to limerick last weekend, just because the big guns are away doesn't mean it's not a big game if the mindset is correct
          I am the million man.

          Comment


            #6
            They've had one win in 14 games across 2 competitions (Currie Cup and Pro14). That was against a Cardiff team that have blown hot and cold for a decade. We need to win this.

            Obviously we've lost quite a few players to the Irish squad but we will have Cronin, Ryan, Kleyn, Botha and Cloete available up front and Alby, Tyler, Rory, Wootton, Sammy, Haley available in the backs. That's 11 players who would walk into their side. On top of that some the the junior and academy players we are bringing (Coombes, O'Connor, Daly, Johnson) are serious prospects - they need to use this opportunity to step-up

            Comment


              #7
              Alby, JJ, Rory, Sammy, Wotton and Haley should all start after having a run together last week, so hopefully a bit of coherebce in attack.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

              Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

              Comment


                #8
                I wonder is Van Graan bringing Tyler out to RSA to carry water?
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                  They've had one win in 14 games across 2 competitions (Currie Cup and Pro14). That was against a Cardiff team that have blown hot and cold for a decade. We need to win this.

                  Obviously we've lost quite a few players to the Irish squad but we will have Cronin, Ryan, Kleyn, Botha and Cloete available up front and Alby, Tyler, Rory, Wootton, Sammy, Haley available in the backs. That's 11 players who would walk into their side. On top of that some the the junior and academy players we are bringing (Coombes, O'Connor, Daly, Johnson) are serious prospects - they need to use this opportunity to step-up
                  Just wondering how you conclude those 11 better than the Cheetahs?
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                  Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

                    Just wondering how you conclude those 11 better than the Cheetahs?
                    By watching the Cheetahs play games of rugby football for the past 18 months. They lost 4 or 5 decent players before the start of this season and their 1 win in 7 isn't really a shock. Cronin, Ryan, Botha, Alby and Rory are internationals. Cloete was in their team for a short while. Kleyn was in a better SAFFER team (WP/Stormers). Tyler is a class above any OH on the books in the Free State. I may be stretching it with Sammy, Wootton or Haley but I would be certain to say they would be regularly in the Cheetahs starting team. I think if Coombes, Daly or Johnston were from Bloem then they'd have more Pro14 starts than they do a present for Munster.

                    By way of response could you identify the Cheetahs players who would make the Munster side stronger?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

                      By watching the Cheetahs play games of rugby football for the past 18 months. They lost 4 or 5 decent players before the start of this season and their 1 win in 7 isn't really a shock. Cronin, Ryan, Botha, Alby and Rory are internationals. Cloete was in their team for a short while. Kleyn was in a better SAFFER team (WP/Stormers). Tyler is a class above any OH on the books in the Free State. I may be stretching it with Sammy, Wootton or Haley but I would be certain to say they would be regularly in the Cheetahs starting team. I think if Coombes, Daly or Johnston were from Bloem then they'd have more Pro14 starts than they do a present for Munster.

                      By way of response could you identify the Cheetahs players who would make the Munster side stronger?
                      Thanks, I was asking because I haven't seen them play - was wondering if maybe they had some players back from injury against Cardiff. They have had a few near misses in terms of results - drew with Ulster.

                      Anyway, sounds promising from Munster's perspective.



                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                      Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                        They've had one win in 14 games across 2 competitions (Currie Cup and Pro14). That was against a Cardiff team that have blown hot and cold for a decade. We need to win this.

                        Obviously we've lost quite a few players to the Irish squad but we will have Cronin, Ryan, Kleyn, Botha and Cloete available up front and Alby, Tyler, Rory, Wootton, Sammy, Haley available in the backs. That's 11 players who would walk into their side. On top of that some the the junior and academy players we are bringing (Coombes, O'Connor, Daly, Johnson) are serious prospects - they need to use this opportunity to step-up

                        I'd like to see some of those prospects get a run out. Johnston in particular must be frustrated. I'd use Keatley more as a 12 from now on and JJ as a fullback. Let Bleyendaal and Johnston be backup to Carbery (thanks again to Leo).


                        Coombes is a big talent from what I've seen of him and could be Standers long term replacement but can play in more than one position.


                        Daly and Sean O'Connor have already shown what they can do.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by dropkick View Post


                          I'd like to see some of those prospects get a run out. Johnston in particular must be frustrated. I'd use Keatley more as a 12 from now on and JJ as a fullback. Let Bleyendaal and Johnston be backup to Carbery (thanks again to Leo).


                          Coombes is a big talent from what I've seen of him and could be Standers long term replacement but can play in more than one position.


                          Daly and Sean O'Connor have already shown what they can do.
                          Yes, Johnston must get gametime. We know what happens to promising outhalves who don't get the game time they deserve.

                          Agreed on Keats, I think he could be a very decent 12 for us in the Pro 14 against some of the less challenging opposition. Let Bill play between Alby and Keats and he could get a great apprenticeship. Agreed on JJ as well, think he could be a solid 15, though don't think he will ever be a top end fullback but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm really excited about the crop of young fellas coming through, I want to see them now though.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Except for defence (up there with except for oxygen) I think Keatley could be very handy at 13. He has the speed, the vision and the pass. The trouble is defence. With Farrell, Goggin, Taute and Arnold out, I think he would be worth a go there.
                            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                              Except for defence (up there with except for oxygen) I think Keatley could be very handy at 13. He has the speed, the vision and the pass. The trouble is defence. With Farrell, Goggin, Taute and Arnold out, I think he would be worth a go there.
                              I don't disagree but Arnold is not out - he traveled to SA. Keatley at 13 might be OK outside Goggin or Taute at 12 but a Tyler/JJ, Rory, Keatley 10, 12, 13 doesn't fill me with confidence defensively or or trucking up poor quality ball.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X