No announcement yet.

Round 1 - Exeter Chiefs v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Billy has to start away from home if he is fit.

Comment

Dont think R. Scannell does enough to warrant inclusion - his kicking is sometimes wayward and he was needed more last year pre-Joey.

Think he will go with Goggin and Arnold.

Difficult to leave out one of Botha/Cloete/TOD, but for me Botha has to be there - because of his sheer power and carrying ability and bringing him on - with the cavalry against tiring Indians/Native Americans - has got to be done.
      Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 11th-October-2018, 11:25.
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

So anyone doing bibwatch this week?

Comment

i wonder are the team travelling today if the forecast is as bad as saying??

Comment

This is the A team for tomorrow.. no Jack Stafford which isn't a good sign for Alby. Tyler named on bench! KOB on bench so Marshall must be good to go.
            Munster A: Stephen Fitzgerald; Liam Coombes, Shane Daly, Alex McHenry, Alex Wootton; Bill Johnston (C), Charlie O’Doherty; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Sean O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Dave O’Callaghan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Cronan Gleeson, Keynan Knox, Paddy Kelly, Dan Walsh, Evan Maher, Tyler Bleyendaal, Sean French.

Comment

Great to see Tyler back, but wondering (at least until he becomes fully fit) who our backup #10 is? Does anybody think JJ is a better bet than Keats? The rub on Keats was solid, reliable but not enough x factor to win a big tournament for you. Sounds like a perfect back up, but JVG seems to prefer JJ at least at this point

Comment

JJ has been on the bench for the last few games, and has played FB for 3 games in a row, so he could well bench and cover 10/15 with one of RS, Jaco/ gogin and Arnie alongside the backup 9.

Something like this....

Killer, scannel, archer.
                Kleyn Bernie
                POM Cloete Cj
                the dunc
                carbery
                earls
                Goggin
                SA
                Sweets
                Conway

subs:
                Cronin, Marshall, Parker, Holland, TOB, Scrumhalf, JJ, scannell

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  JJ has been on the bench for the last few games, and has played FB for 3 games in a row, so he could well bench and cover 10/15 with one of RS, Jaco/ gogin and Arnie alongside the backup 9.

Something like this....

Killer, scannel, archer.
                  Kleyn Bernie
                  POM Cloete Cj
                  the dunc
                  carbery
                  earls
                  Goggin
                  SA
                  Sweets
                  Conway

subs:
                  Cronin, Marshall, Parker, Holland, TOB, Scrumhalf, JJ, scannell
                  I hear that Scrumhalf fella is a real find.
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
                    This is the A team for tomorrow.. no Jack Stafford which isn't a good sign for Alby. Tyler named on bench! KOB on bench so Marshall must be good to go.
                    Munster A: Stephen Fitzgerald; Liam Coombes, Shane Daly, Alex McHenry, Alex Wootton; Bill Johnston (C), Charlie O’Doherty; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Sean O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Dave O’Callaghan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Cronan Gleeson, Keynan Knox, Paddy Kelly, Dan Walsh, Evan Maher, Tyler Bleyendaal, Sean French.
                    Absolutely delighted for Tyler- I really hope it goes well for him, and am hugely impressed by the resilience and determination it must have taken from home personally to get back to this point.

Don’t know anything about Charlie O Doherty- but agree with the surmise that Staffords absence suggests storm clouds for Alby (though may just be travelling cover for someone who might still start), last minute fitness test etc. There’s some real devil in that pack- a win isn’t out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                      i wonder are the team travelling today if the forecast is as bad as saying??
                      I think the rule of thumb is ' What would Young Munster do?' in bad conditions like these.

Comment

50 miles an hour winds in Exeter tomorrow and saturday - wonder if any threat to the game getting players and fans in and out
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I’d go with Stafford. I know Duncan has the experience but I’ve bad experience watching him the last 7 years. Behind the couch time if he starts in exeter

Comment

Jaysus give Dunc a chance. If he starts he deserves our support, he'll play to the best of his ability for Munster. Ok, he'll never be Murray but no one else in Ireland is at that level either
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                              Jaysus give Dunc a chance. If he starts he deserves our support, he'll play to the best of his ability for Munster. Ok, he'll never be Murray but no one else in Ireland is at that level either
                              If he starts he WILL get our support but I’d select ABD and I’d even go with Cronin ahead of DW. He gets full marks for effort, but far less for ability and how Munster are still in the position of having to select him is not an endorsement of how they have brought on other candidates. He has neither the speed of execution nor the speed of thought required at this level. That said, I hope he proves me completely wrong if he is selected; I bear no ill will toward him, I just dont rate him very highly. I suspect I am far from alone in that assessment.

Comment

I watched Off The Ball Road Show for my sins, ROG was on it and as always very honest, gave great insight etc. And there were some really funny moments. He was on it with a Keith Wood and BOD. Wood made the point when talking about Munster needing their full strength to get an away win, but if they don’t have it, that they need those replacement players to not try to be superstars and just to be functional. He’s right, so many times you’ve players come in to start and they try too hard. I think if Williams does start he needs to use all that experience he has and just be functional. I think he can get the job done, he’s had some very good moments over the years and is well able to put in a very good performance, and best of luck to him if he is in.

That said, I’ve now resigned to the fact that we’ve no chance, nobody is giving us a chance, we’d be lucky to get a LBP, I’m still praying that Alby is fit, I’m worried how physical the game is going to be and how the chances of injury is high, oh somebody call me when it’s over. Very very stressful. Is it over yet.
                                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X