No announcement yet.

Round 3 - Munster v Ospreys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a feeling- and think I posted it- that we wouldn’t see JJ this week. Major Error aside I thought he did fine, but Joey was ready to start after two strong appearances off the bench, and Keats was due a run out. I hope he plays a blinder for the A’s- a coach would be bl@ody mad to ‘dump’ anyone a few weeks into a season. JJ deservedly ended with the starting jersey last year, and -assuming the preseason was equal- was bound to start the first few weeks. It’s now up to Keats to try to make himself undroppable. JJs turn, and hopefully BJs will come again- in a few weeks. Less of the ‘dumped’, please

Comment

Would much rather we invest time in developing a new out half option than fool us into thinking Keatley has anything to offer us going forward because if Carberry gets injured it looks like thats what we are headed back to in the absence of Bleyendaal
      Last edited by Jollygreengiant; 13th-September-2018, 18:08.
      \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
      \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
        Would much rather we invest time in developing a new out half option than fool us into thinking Keatley has anything to offer us going forward because if Carberry gets injured it looks like thats what we are headed back to in the absence of Bleyendaal
        I think that’s exactly what we are doing- We’re just not dumping someone in at the deep end hoping he’ll swim. BJ will get his chances, but don’t we want to see him command at A level first, for his own sake and ours? Even if he doesn’t get injured Carbery will have camp Joe etc, and then it’ll be 2 from 3. Suppose one of those 3 picks up an injury, do we really want to have to pick someone low on confidence, believing they have been dumped, that the fans believe the player doesn’t ‘have anything to offer us’....that a solid controlling error free game inst enough (but something spectacular is required)? I’m sure it hasn’t escaped the coaching teams notice that they have more 10s than there is playing time- and I have confidence in their ability to manage the situation. I would be very very surprised if anyone gets game time that hasn’t been earned during training and the opportunities they’ve had to play.

Comment

I’m not hopeful of seeing tb any time soon. He is obviously going to give it one more throw of the dice since he didn’t retire in the off season but there isn’t even a rough time frame for a return . Last season it was 4 months out until January but never returned even though the Munster site said it was a week by week process and he was 2 to 3 weeks away and even jvg said in February he could start next week its day by day. Well it’s now September and still nothing about a expected return

Comment

Indeed Waterford, a serious amount of dog, and groundhog, in that pack

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post

20 minimum, given the teams selected. bet it'll be 30+
              You may be correct but Stop pleeeeeeease
              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                I’m not hopeful of seeing tb any time soon. He is obviously going to give it one more throw of the dice since he didn’t retire in the off season but there isn’t even a rough time frame for a return . Last season it was 4 months out until January but never returned even though the Munster site said it was a week by week process and he was 2 to 3 weeks away and even jvg said in February he could start next week its day by day. Well it’s now September and still nothing about a expected return
                A sad, but, I suspect very accurate surmise. He has to be, and is I think being, given every chance of a safe return, and health in his retirement. The odds must now be on the latter, rather than the former.

Comment

Our first game to get to of the new season and we're looking forward to it.
                  I'll be wearing my 13-14 yr fit jersey. For my Associate member fee I'm expecting valet parking; red carpet and a glass of prosecco with the team lined up holding their contracts ready for me to peruse and see how my hard earned membership money is being spent. Not much to ask really. Oh and I'd like a win please.
                  Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
                    Less of the "if so and so gets injured we are phuked"...

That does my head in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Looks like a joke! Ossies looked liked one of the teams really in form after two days. I play the Pro14 Fantasy game, and when I look at the players rankings, Justin Tipuric, two tries, appears at the top of the back-rowers, Alun Wyn-Jones at the top of the second-rowers with two tries too, and George North seems to be well again at home with three tries and is seeded at the third place among the back-three players, and none of those will play today... Add to them Lydiate, Brad and Aled Davies, Scott Williams, Dan Evans!
                      On the other side,Tadgh, Joey and Rhys Marshall will start, POM, Cloety and Andy will be back, meaning the team gets closer to the main team...4 points are expected because respect does not allow tme to expect one point more without the game will be played.
                      But anyway, for what concerns the Ospreys, when you go to Cork or Limerick to challenge Munster, skipping your three best players and leaders from the game could appear at least like a renunciation,at worst like a lack of respect.
                      Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 14th-September-2018, 11:40.
                      "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Let's eat these lady sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                          Looks like a joke! Ossies looked liked one of the teams really in form after two days. I play the Pro14 Fantasy game, and when I look at the players rankings, Justin Tipuric, two tries, appears at the top of the back-rowers, Alun Wyn-Jones at the top of the second-rowers with two tries too, and George North seems to be well again at home with three tries and is seeded at the third place among the back-three players, and none of those will play today... Add to them Lydiate, Brad and Aled Davies, Scott Williams, Dan Evans!
                          On the other side,Tadgh, Joey and Rhys Marshall will start, POM, Cloety and Andy will be back, meaning the team gets closer to the main team...4 points are expected because respect does not allow tme to expect one point more without the game will be played.
                          But anyway, for what concerns the Ospreys, when you go to Cork or Limerick to challenge Munster, skipping your three best players and leaders from the game could appear at least like a renunciation,at worst like a lack of respect.
                          I agree. I've been looking forward to this match all week and still am, but not as much now that the O's have not sent over so many of their established quality players.

Comment

I'm tired of these Welsh sides resting their big name players for their trips abroad. It devalues the league!!!! [/endsWelshIrony]

Comment

Even if they sent over their U20s to walk all the way from Rosslare to the ground and start straight into the match wearing jerseys with the slogan "sorry about that whole Shane Williams thing", I don't care - we still can't beat them often enough.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

One of ours won't make it this evening so we have a spare East Tce ticket - going free to a good home. Just DM me an email addy and I will transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X