What are people’s expectations of Warwick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are people’s expectations of Warwick

Do people view him as coming to be an OH, which would mean being cover for ROG or are people looking at him to maybe cover IC as well and blend in alongside ROG in first team?

As we currently have Manning and Hickey I would presume that he would be in for the IC job. All that said he is another OH in the bag as well.

If Hickey could be developed more and work better under pressure he could take the ROG replacement slot.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

im sure he will be given a run at IC provided another player is not signed there. Can he play FB? it is a position though that i would like to see hickey get a run in also,
        |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
        | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
        |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
        \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

One reason I was wondering is that Warwick is highly rated as an existing OH, higher than Manning and Hickey are going to be come next season. It would be interesting to see if he's here to push those 2 down the pecking order or even to play alongside Manning as an IC and help his game develop.

Also wondering where this leaves the midfield. Might we then see ROG, Warwick, Murphy midfield with Dowling and Mafi on the wings?

Comment

Thing is he doesnt play 12 for Connacht, but has played 10,13 and 15.

I'm very excited about him coming and was asking for him to come down after his first season with the westies.

The guy has buckets of skill and confidence, I would like to see what he can do as a 12, and if he could alternate with a Halstead type we would have a very exciting backline
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

I'd also expect him to be primarily used as a ball playing inside centre, an aaron mauger (we wish!) to ROG's Dan Carter. Presumably DK bought him to give us a different option to Mafiin the 12 position,

but to be honest, from the relatively little I've seen of him I dont think he's up to it, and I wouldn't expect him to be a starter for the Heineken Cup (if there is one) next year.
              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

[QUOTE=Evil Omer]

Also wondering where this leaves the midfield. Might we then see ROG, Warwick, Murphy midfield with Dowling and Mafi on the wings?

Do you think Lewis has a spot in the side?
                |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer

One reason I was wondering is that Warwick is highly rated as an existing OH, higher than Manning and Hickey are going to be come next season. It would be interesting to see if he's here to push those 2 down the pecking order or even to play alongside Manning as an IC and help his game develop.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|

Comment

not sure what happened there.
                    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|

Comment

Seems to me the most pressing probelms will be 12 and 15. I assume Lewis will most likelybe at 12 with Warwick on the bench as a utility back.
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

I don't think we can expect Lewis to immediately get his spot, but the idea of havingfive to sixplayers of very different styles competing for the same two center spots is a very exciting prospect.

From Halsteads'power, and ability to createspace, to the pace and skills of Murphy / Mafi, to the passing & kicking ability of Warwick, & the Leinnster flair of Lewis.

This competition in the center can only be a good thing, and will also give us plenty of different tools in the box when it comes to playing against different center combinations. This could be a very versitile back line.

Comment

Totally forgot about Lewis, having said that I have said Lewis wouldn't make the current midfield. From all reports he didn't do himself any favours in either A game at IC. Having mainly seen Warwick as a 10 I would have thought 12 was better than 13 or 15 but if he's a viable option at 15 then that opens up

10 - ROG
                          11 - Dowling
                          12 - Lewis
                          13 - Murphy
                          14 - Mafi
                          15 - Warwick

not too bad a back line

Comment

<!-
                            var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                            var SymReal;

Sym()
                            {
                            window.open = SymWinOpen;
                            if(SymReal != null)
                            SymReal();
                            }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                            {
                            if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                            SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                            window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                            SymReal = window.;
                            window. = Sym;
                            }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                            window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

At the very least, I'd expect him to turn water to wine, part the Shannon to at least secondary-road width, and cast out demons from any village idiots that might cross his path. Not too bothered on his loaves-to-fishes conversion ratio tbh.

Seriously, though, I hope he gets injured less than Manning, kicks further than Manning, and turns up in at least one double-page Sunday paper interview in which he mentions bad weather, surfing, and Munster's X factor in the same paragraph.

Best of luck to Manning too.

Comment

looks good alright, but to be honest i couldnt see DK changing his backline for different opponents.
                              |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|

Comment

Working...
                              X