When is Singland being developed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Singland being developed?

Just curious if anyone has heard when the top level training facility out in Singland is being built?
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

My guess is that its a long way off, they bought the landbank now for future generations to use.

Comment

Bit like the IRFU's land out the Naas road in Dublin then..

BTW do they still own that? does anybody know if they've plans for it? an 80,000 seater stadium anyone?

Comment

is that the land out by the red cow? if it is i think they sold some of it.
        |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
        | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
        |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
        \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Fairly sure they still have tha 100 acres at Newland Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax.
            Fairly sure they still have tha 100 acres at Newland Cross.

Think it's 90 acres and yes they stilll have it. That was bought with building a new stadium in mind, until Bertie got them to row in with the Bertie Bowl.

Comment

We might see a stadium there yet if Lansdowne Road was sold it would pay for a stadium superior to the new Wembley.

Comment

i dont know the area to well but if they ever did put a staduim there, what would it be like for pubs etc? would there be anythin to do in the area essentially.
                |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
                | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
                |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
                \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Originally posted by munster_mafia
                  i dont know the area to well but if they ever did put a staduim there, what would it be like for pubs etc? would there be anythin to do in the area essentially.
                  No not really, pretty much an industrial area.

Comment

In the event a stadium was built there it would be pretty much self contained, all the pubs, shops and restaurants would be onsite and lots of onsite carparking.

Does anybody know where it is exactly - can we have a look at it on google earth?

Comment

Anyone know what the story is with this? The land is on the flood plain of the Shannon River so I'd be dubious of the possibility of developing training facilities there.

Comment

Just an opinion and getting off the original Singland postbut Reckon the IRFU were fairly licking their lips money wise when the talk was of building the new childrens hospital in Tallaght. They could have sold the sight and built what they wanted where they wanted outside of Dublin but also could have renovated a lot of the grounds around too. why do we need Singland. Isnt UL one of the top facilities in Europe and one of which we have full use.
                        \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                        \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

It may well be being held as an investment. There is a massive development going in near the Parkway Retail Park and so depending on where exactly the land they own is, they could be sitting on a pile of cash.
                          Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                          Munster: Early Season
                          Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                          Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                          Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant
                            why do we need Singland. Isnt UL one of the
                            top facilities in Europe* and one of which we have full use.
                            I think it was mooted they would develop it with UL?
                            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

AFAIK UL is looking at building more facilities but surely they'd expand, or at least try, on campus rather off it?
                              Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                              Munster: Early Season
                              Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                              Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                              Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Working...
                              X