No announcement yet.

PepsiCo Sales Director joins Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my doubts as well, but we'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Bob
      Because former PepsiCo employees have such an @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">insanely great@@@@/SPAN> reputation when they come to successful but undermarketed brands.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
      John Sculley joined Apple Computers from PepsiCo and nearly ran the company out of business [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Jesus give the guy a chance. If they appointed some one with no track record in marketing we would have grounds for complaint. Sure it took a long time to fill the role but perhaps it took this long to fill the role because they were waiting for someone who could bring the brand to the next level as opposed to someone who would keep it ticking over.

Anyway who says we only have 4 months left on the European Champions title.Even if we dowe are about to start construction on one of the best rugby grounds in the world. We have some world class players on the team. We compete in one of the top domestic leagues and we are more or less guranteed European action every year. We have possibly the largest fan base of any non international side. There is a lot of good things about thisbrand and being European Champions is only one of them.

I for one say welcome Glyn.

Comment

Originally posted by colmf

Jesus give the guy a chance. If they appointed some one with no track record in marketing we would have grounds for complaint. Sure it took a long time to fill the role but perhaps it took this long to fill the role because they were waiting for someone who could bring the brand to the next level as opposed to someone who would keep it ticking over.

Anyway who says we only have 4 months left on the European Champions title.Even if we dowe are about to start construction on one of the best rugby grounds in the world. We have some world class players on the team. We compete in one of the top domestic leagues and we are more or less guranteed European action every year. We have possibly the largest fan base of any non international side. There is a lot of good things about thisbrand and being European Champions is only one of them.

well said Colm

Comment

Walkers have definite brand appeal, so that's a good sign !

http://www.tarapublishingco.com/down...ay05Page21.pdf

Also

WALKERS
            Walkers, part of PepsiCo International, recently secured a tasty Top 20 ranking in Checkout’s Top 100 grocery brands survey. Achieving a Top 20 spot is a tremendous achievement for a brand that only launched into the Irish market five years ago - since entering in 2000, Walkers has driven 32% growth in the crisps and snacks category and is now the No. 1 brand in grocery, with 30% share (AC Neilson MAT December 2004). “To achieve a Top 20 position highlights further the success Walkers is having in the Irish market, which is largely due to the support from retailers and consumers who continue to choose Walkers,” said Glyn Billinghurst, PepsiCo sales director, Ireland. Irish consumers love the great taste of Walkers crisps and it was the distinctive flavour that has won their hearts recently in the ‘Walkers’ Taste Challenge’, where an overwhelming 73% of people preferred the taste of Walkers’ Cheese & Onion, compared to the leading competitor - based on a sample of 18,223 people, 13,296 preferred Walkers Cheese & Onion. “Flavour has been an extremely important factor in Walkers’ ability to grow sales within the category,” added Glyn Billinghurst. “Walkers Cheese & Onion is our best seller and last year we made our best even better with the relaunch of our new and improved Cheese & Onion flavour.”

Walkers is recognised for its innovative marketing and it has run some of the highest profile consumer promotions in Ireland. One of the brands most exciting promotions to date will witness consumers having the opportunity to win an iPod mini every 5 minutes throughout September. Earlier this year, Walkers’ Big Ticket Giveaway promotion saw consumers and retailers across Ireland winning thousands of fantastic prizes, including tickets to major concerts and top sporting events like FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, the Budweiser Irish Derby and Manchester United matches. One of the key factors of Walkers’ success in Ireland is the brand’s commitment to new product development. Potato Heads are a great example of Walkers’ innovation in crisps and snacks and they are proving to be a real hit with mums and kids alike. This crinkle cut crisp contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and 70% less saturated fat than regular Walkers crisps - all this without compromising on taste or quality. Walkers has recognised that providing healthier choices is just one way of meeting consumers’ increasing demands for healthier snacks. The company is also committed to delivering product improvements to the brand’s core range. Walkers has reduced saturated fat in standard Walkers crisps by 30% this year and will deliver another 20% reduction in 2006. The company has also reduced salt by by 5-10% this year across a number of snacks products and is committed to reducing further where there is no negative impact on consumer acceptability.

Walkers’ success in Ireland has a lot to do with the close working relationships with retailers, which has brought benefits to both parties. The success retailers are enjoying with Walkers reflects the growth Walkers has injected into the crisps and snacks category in recent years through continual support and investment in its brands. By listening to its customers, Walkers has been able to offer sound category management advice, helping retailers grow their profits and total category sales. “Walkers will continue to strive to grow the crisps and snacks category by our ability to respond to consumer demands through product innovation,” said Glyn Billinghurst. “By continuous innovative consumer promotions and our commitment to retailers we are confident that we will grow our market share.”

Comment

Originally posted by Krusty
              Originally posted by colmf

well said Colm

Agreed, give the guy a chance.
              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

they must be paying them f**k all in Pepsi.
                Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Peanuts.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Best of luck to him but I can think of a lot more qualified , more experienced fellas who went for the job but............................................... .......... .........
                    Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

The marketing profession too often gets a bad press. Yet, there are some great brands that commercially exploit sporting organisations including Manchester United, Real Madrid, New York Yankees, and so on. These are examples of the marketing industry doing a really good job.

But in Ireland, the marketing profession is top heavy with fast moving consumer goods, alcoholic beverageand financial services marketers, who use generous budgets to establish, protect and grow their products market share.

There are some good success stories, for example, Magners in the UK. But this example is rare in Irish-based marketing.

Therefore, the necessary expertise to really lift the Munster brand to "the next level" (as they put it) is hard to find.

I have genuine reservations about the ability of somebody moving from the promotion of snack foods with well-established brand namesin the Irish market to completely transformingthe Munster brand nationally and internationally.

From the 1999/2000 season especially, the team and its management set very ambitious goals and went out and achieved them. But I don't see the same ambition and commitment in this appointment by the branch. That's the disappointment for me.

I will be happy to proved wrong.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior

Great! Just great!

Three months to go potentially on our European Champions franchise, and we finally get an "announcement"!

If the Munster Branch was serious, this post should have been <!-
                        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                        var SymReal;

Sym()
                        {
                        window.open = SymWinOpen;
                        if(SymReal != null)
                        SymReal();
                        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                        {
                        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                        SymReal = window.;
                        window. = Sym;
                        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->filled before the Leicester friendly match last August!

Forgive me if I don't share in the outpouring of thanksgiving. I've done hiring, but to me this appointment this late smacks of monkeys and peanuts.

Where's the risk-taking?? Where is the spirit of Cardiff where 3-pointer penalties were spurned in pursuit of 7-point psychological blows; where Halstead went for the big one instead of the safe pass oustside; where a captain and legend was hauled off in a brave decision to achieve a massive prize? Our players deserve better.

Munster is a Movement ?????-not just a brand. It is deserving of a massive program of support to exploit it's potential for raising much-needed development money for the game in the province. We don't need a country manager for a fizz-pop, Tropicana, Walkers Crisps and Gatorade; we need a serious plan to bring our great brand around the world and to put Munster rugby into the same league as Guinness, Baileys, Ryanair and other names that long ago cast off their inferiority complexes and went out there and did the business on foreign fields. Just like our rugby team:
                        Was it for this the wild geese spread
                        They grey wing upon every tide;
                        For this that all the blood was shed,
                        For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
                        And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
                        All that delirium of the brave?
                        Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
                        It's with O'Leary in the grave.WTF??

Marketing mogul me a*se! We've bought cheap and I bet the guy doesn't even have to move from Cork!.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior

Great! Just great!

Three months to go potentially on our European Champions franchise, and we finally get an "announcement"!

If the Munster Branch was serious, this post should have been <!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->filled before the Leicester friendly match last August!

Forgive me if I don't share in the outpouring of thanksgiving. I've done hiring, but to me this appointment this late smacks of monkeys and peanuts.

Where's the risk-taking?? Where is the spirit of Cardiff where 3-pointer penalties were spurned in pursuit of 7-point psychological blows; where Halstead went for the big one instead of the safe pass oustside; where a captain and legend was hauled off in a brave decision to achieve a massive prize? Our players deserve better.

Munster is a Movement -not just a brand. It is deserving of a massive program of support to exploit it's potential for raising much-needed development money for the game in the province. We don't need a country manager for a fizz-pop, Tropicana, Walkers Crisps and Gatorade; we need a serious plan to bring our great brand around the world and to put Munster rugby into the same league as Guinness, Baileys, Ryanair and other names that long ago cast off their inferiority complexes and went out there and did the business on foreign fields. Just like our rugby team:
                          Was it for this the wild geese spread
                          They grey wing upon every tide;
                          For this that all the blood was shed,
                          For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
                          And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
                          All that delirium of the brave?
                          Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
                          It's with O'Leary in the grave.

Marketing mogul me a*se! We've bought cheap and I bet the guy doesn't even have to move from Cork!.

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">the guy took a drop in wages....he is moving his family from @@@@/SPAN><xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Dublin@@@@/SPAN></st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace></st1:City>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> to cork. He is a huge @@@@/SPAN><st1:State><st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Munster@@@@/SPAN></st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace></st1:State>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> fan and this is his dream job. The negativity on this site can really get to much. But I would be very interested to see what the people on this site would do to help make @@@@/SPAN><st1:State><st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Munster@@@@/SPAN></st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace></st1:State>@@@@SPAN style="

Comment

Best of luck to him. TBH I dont think marketing is a very difficult job anyway so...

My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">some reaons tags coming in below is the piece without smiley faces@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">the guy took a drop in wages....he is moving his family from @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Dublin@@@@/SPAN></st1:City>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> to cork. He is a huge@@@@/SPAN><st1:State><ST1<A href="smileys/razz.gif" target="_blank">[/url]</st1:State>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> fan and this is his dream job. The negativity on this site can really get to much. But I would be very interested to see what the people on this site would do to help make @@@@/SPAN><st1:State><ST1<A href="smileys/razz.gif" target="_blank"></st1:State>@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">a global brand??@@@@SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">im sure it will be very easy to put it up there with guiness etc. @@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Are you mad! An poorly run unprofitable franchise, with no real assets, disliked outside its immediate cachement, in a minority sport. Yeah, piece of piss to match diageo alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X