X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PepsiCo Sales Director joins Munster

From Examiner

@@@@SPAN =articledate>03 February 2007 @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =articleline>Marketing mogul aims to maximise Munster brand@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =author>By Tony Leen@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN =articlesummary>MUNSTER rugby chiefs have appointed Glyn Billinghurst as their new Sales and Marketing Manager. @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =article>
    Glyn joins Munster Rugby from PepsiCo where he was Sales Director (Ireland) for the past three years. Prior to working with PepsiCo Glyn held senior sales, brand and marketing roles with Unilever and Unigate.

The newly created role will focus on the commercial development of the Munster Rugby brand on a national and international basis. @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =article>Said Munster CEO, Garrett Fitzgerald: “We’re delighted to be able to attract someone of Glyn’s calibre to Munster Rugby. With 15 years experience in a variety of sales and marketing roles in leading multinationals we are confident that Glyn will bring a new outlook and focus to our commercial activities.”

Among the responsibilities of the newly created role is to develop the Munster Rugby brand globally and maximise revenue potential through sponsorship, ticket sales, merchandise and commercial opportunities in the soon to be redeveloped Musgrave Park and Thomond Park.

Commenting on his appointment Billinghurst said “Munster Rugby is a globally recognised brand and the continued growth and success of the team has created many more commercial opportunities to explore. The new commercial focus will help to generate the funds to ensure continued success on the field. With the continued development of the professional game, a new commercial approach and structure will help accelerate the development of the Munster Rugby brand and maximise the potential that exists.”

Billinghurst has worked as Sales Director (Ireland) for PepsiCo Snacks Business since 2004.

His new role with one of the country’s premier sporting brands kicks off in early April. @@@@/SPAN>

Good luck to him. Looks like he should know his onions.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

He'll need those onions too...

Comment

That'll put a bit of fizz in things.

Coat,cap,clips....
        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

About bloody time too. Good luck to him.
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Better late than never...

Comment

better late than never[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Very good news.

I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

best of luck buddy.........

He's bound to have learned some good/dirty tricks from that monster co.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Good luck to him. It's only 8 months to late[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Because former PepsiCo employees have such an @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">insanely great@@@@/SPAN> reputation when they come to successful but undermarketed brands.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Very interesting! Hope he's as good as he sounds.

I'd be very interested to see what salary he's on - it's at least double the salary originally indicated on the job spec (if not why would he leave a fairly 'high-flying' job like Sales Dir. - Pepsico?)

And in fairness to the Board, they didn't give it to 'one of the lads'!

Best of luck to him!

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Pepsico snacks[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Great! Just great!

Three months to go potentially on our European Champions franchise, and we finally get an "announcement"!

If the Munster Branch was serious, this post should have been

<!-
                              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                              var SymReal;

Sym()
                              {
                              window.open = SymWinOpen;
                              if(SymReal != null)
                              SymReal();
                              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                              {
                              if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                              SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                              window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                              SymReal = window.;
                              window. = Sym;
                              }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                              window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

filled before the Leicester friendly match last August!

Forgive me if I don't share in the outpouring of thanksgiving. I've done hiring, but to me this appointment this late smacks of monkeys and peanuts.

Where's the risk-taking?? Where is the spirit of Cardiff where 3-pointer penalties were spurned in pursuit of 7-point psychological blows; where Halstead went for the big one instead of the safe pass oustside; where a captain and legend was hauled off in a brave decision to achieve a massive prize? Our players deserve better.

Munster is a Movement -not just a brand. It is deserving of a massive program of support to exploit it's potential for raising much-needed development money for the game in the province. We don't need a country manager for a fizz-pop, Tropicana, Walkers Crisps and Gatorade; we need a serious plan to bring our great brand around the world and to put Munster rugby into the same league as Guinness, Baileys, Ryanair and other names that long ago cast off their inferiority complexes and went out there and did the business on foreign fields. Just like our rugby team:
                              Was it for this the wild geese spread
                              They grey wing upon every tide;
                              For this that all the blood was shed,
                              For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
                              And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
                              All that delirium of the brave?
                              Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
                              It's with O'Leary in the grave.

Marketing mogul me a*se! We've bought cheap and I bet the guy doesn't even have to move from Cork!.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X