No announcement yet.

Munster Players Injury UPDATES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcus Horan not in the Dragons squad, Anyone know if this is only a precaution due to the Shannon Game being called off or has something Happened. Can't wait to see him back in full fitness.
    The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
    Originally posted by joconnell
    If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

According to d'paper this morning, Flannery is happy with his run out at the weekend, and expects to be fit for the 6 nations.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/b...reland-as-flan nery-returns-to-action-110495.html

Any news on Donnacha O'Callaghan's injury on Friday night?

Comment

Friday night really showed how desperate we are for Fla's return.

I'm sorry for Fogs, but Cheika showed what should have been done with mis-throwing hookers on Saturday - he whipped off
        Jackman before serious damage was done and it made a vital difference.

Varley's got promise, but for about-the-field all-action player who can throw his Darts, we really couldn't ask for more than Ja
        Fla in full flow!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaman
          I'm sorry for Fogs, but Cheika showed what should have been done with mis-throwing hookers on Saturday - he whipped off

Yup, after only 20 odd minutes wasn't it? Ruthless, and I was impressed.

Fogs seems to have a slight dose of the yips amidst everything else. He has several jerky movements before he actually throws. Fla is relaxed and steady, and then whips it out in one motion.

Comment

Originally posted by bugler
            Fla is relaxed and steady, and then whips it
            out in one motion.
            Excuse me? [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bugler

Yup, after only 20 odd minutes wasn't it? Ruthless, and I was impressed.

Fogs seems to have a slight dose of the yips amidst everything else. He has several jerky movements before he actually throws. Fla is relaxed and steady, and then whips it out in one motion.

Eh, also a resounding WTF on your latter comment - but on the earlier one; on Fogarty's tendency to rock the ball slightly to & fro when arms are extended overhead before he finally releases it - tbh I hadn't noticed him doing this before the Saints game, but he was at it all night in TP on Friday.

If that becomes a tick or in any way 'routinised' then he needs dropping and quickly until it's eradicated. Oppo jumpers/pods will count the rocks and will suss his timing. In fact I wonder was that partly what happened already on Friday night? Even if there's no pattern to it - it just screams "I'm bricking it" to the oppo pack and they will take heart from it, big style.

I suppose you could deliberately scatter the pattern and bluff the oppo with it - but the games complicated enough without asking players to remember that level of sh1te!

Comment

Varley's got promise, but for about-the-field all-action player who can throw his Darts, we really couldn't ask for more than Ja
                Fla in full flow!

with all respect the fact that Jackman was selected in the first place says a lot about Cheika in my view. Got lucky on Saturday- the decision nearly cost Leinster the game and may well haunt them yet with the poxy draw they have.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw

Fla in full flow!

with all respect the fact that Jackman was selected in the first place says a lot about Cheika in my view. Got lucky on Saturday- the decision nearly cost Leinster the game and may well haunt them yet with the poxy draw they have.

Two ways of looking at it. Yes he fecked up in choosing Jackman, but credit is due for fixing it as soon as possible.

Comment

From what I heard on friday night Flannery might not be playing for some time. Injury apparently not healingdespite the best Medical people in charge. Lets hope it is sooner rather than later. His aggression in the Scrum is also badly missed and it might settle Hayes if he was back in the front three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa
                      From what I heard on friday night Flannery might not be playing for some time. Injury apparently not healingdespite the best Medical people in charge. Lets hope it is sooner rather than later. His aggression in the Scrum is also badly missed and it might settle Hayes if he was back in the front three.

He played half a game for Shannon on Saturday?
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa

Why did he play a half for Shanning on Saturday, then?

Comment

Isn't Fla's injury something Achillies related ? If that's the case it's possible he could have played half a game to see how it reacts, and then depening on that there would be a decision on his return to fitness.
                          Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass
                            Isn't Fla's injury something Achillies related ? If that's the case it's possible he could have played half a game to see how it reacts, and then depening on that there would be a decision on his return to fitness.

Just about sums it up. Examiner
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Red October and Hakaman: You heard me! (You two boys behave).

I remember reading about the all Blacks circa 2006 that their hookers basically had a new style of throwing foisted on them, like it or not. Feet were to be square on, the ball was to held at the backof head as a starting position, not in front of the face or in any position that required a wind up or anything similar. No movement. Then the throw starts in one motion when it's time to pull the trigger. The trajectory is flat as opposed to looped and gets to its destination early. The whole set up is designed to cut down any unnecessary waiting, or delays which only aid the opposition in reading or reacting to the throw.

Fla is very reminiscent of this approach, it's one motion and there's no faffing about. Fogs looks ponderous, and lacking confidence, on Friday there wasall sorts of movement and motion prior to the throw.

Comment

so magners coming up again this week end,heard Varley out injured ,anyone know for how long and any other injury updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X