• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomond Park - Planning Appeal Lodged

@@@@SPAN =post>Taken from Examiner this Morning

Appeal against Thomond goes ahead

By Jimmy Woulfe
    THE €40 million redevelopment of Thomond Park is facing a long planning delay.

A Limerick solicitor yesterday confirmed he has been instructed to appeal the planning go-ahead for the massive project to An Bord Pleanála.

Taximan Gerard Kiely was the sole objector to the rezoning of a residential area of Knockalisheen Road to commercial use for the development of a new stand. His objection was dismissed by Limerick City Council at a planning meeting.

Mr Kiely’s solicitor, Mr Eamonn Dillon, said he had been instructed by Mr Kiely to proceed with an objection and this was being processed. This objection could hold up work for up to four months and, if upheld, could stop the entire project from going ahead.

Mr Kiely claimed the new stand would block light at his residence and, as he works by night, construction would interfere with his sleep. He also claimed increased traffic would increase car parking problems on match days.@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =post>[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]@@@@/SPAN>
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

find out what taxi firm he works for and lets boycott them and email them and tell them why
    If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
      find out what taxi firm he works for and lets boycott them and email them and tell them why

He only lives about 300 metres from me.
      "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

He's Councillor Saint Kevin Kiely's brother, isn't he??

Comment

Is it too late to lodge an appeal against Lansdowne Road, on the basis of "unless I get a ticket..."[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
          Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
          "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Cue a load of goody-goodys to tell you that a boycott is wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua
              Originally posted by jmccoy

He's Councillor Saint Kevin Kiely's brother, isn't he??

Not too sure about that one. But if he is he must be right pissed with Kevin for granting the permission. The city council decision was unanimous as I am led to beleive.

What a GOBSH*TE ! [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Cue a load of goody-goodys to tell you that a boycott is wrong....
                i was expecting that[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

maybe he's irish? if he was english everyone would be agreeing with him[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

He's entitled to object. I don't think he stands a chance though. In any case, i find it difficult to take any Jimmy Woulfe story seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by who?
                    Is it too late to lodge an appeal against Lansdowne Road, on the basis of "unless I get a ticket..."[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Think he own's a plate though. He's not a hackney that we could boycott the company he works for.
                      Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

Methinks and suspects thatany individual that would appeala very popular planning decision may be acting the cannister in the hope of getting a few Euros to quietly remove his or herobjection. Of course, I mention no names and everyone is entitled to object in the same way that taxi drivers can be a very militant and objectionable group at the best of times.
                        \"Champions aren\'t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision\".

Comment

Originally posted by huron
                          Think he own's a plate though. He's not a hackney that we could boycott the company he works for.
                          He'd back down quickly enough if he started losing money instead of sleep...

Comment

gowl .. anyone know his plate number so he can be boycotted by any self respecting rugby fan who might otherwise accidentally use his service.

or even better .. so we can all use his service, and then refuse to pay [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]since he's obviously rolling in cash if he can afford to retain a solicitor to appeal the planning permission.
                            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom
                              Originally posted by huron
                              He'd back down quickly enough if he started losing money instead of sleep...

I will certainly be keeping an eye on the driver identificataion sheet of any taxi I get into going forward. And if I get into his one I certainly wont be staying in it.

I cant see An Bord Pleanala upholding his complaint as it would be detrimental to the common good of the city.

Comment

Working...
                              X