Munster A - Cullen, McGann & Mateus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster A - Cullen, McGann & Mateus

Presuming they were all fit, does anyone know of any good reason that Christian Cullen, Tim McGann or Diogo Mateus were not involved in the Munster A squad versus Ulster a few days ago. If all these guys are fully fit and being paid good money why weren't they given much needed game time. It can't have been a development squad if Wyatt, Manning & Mossie were playing. Surely some of the younger players could benefit from playing with the likes of Cullen.
    \"Champions aren\'t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision\".

Its a good question, what is happening there, to my knowledge Matues hasnt put on a Munster jersey yet. Is Mcgann fit cause he is supposed to be a decent player but we havnt gotten to see much of him and its obviously disappointing that CC isnt getting thrown in more

Comment

McGann is supposedly injured since xmas .. diogo was probably recovering from portugals last game against morocco where they qualified to meet uruguay in the final step to getting to the world cup.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
        , to my knowledge Matues hasnt put on a Munster jersey yet.

Does that mean you could see what he was wearing under his tracksuit when he was sub in the Heineken pool game in Cardiff Arms Park?

Comment

Probably so we could see the likes of Gleeson, Kelly etc. Perhaps DK has decided he has seen enough of them in training?

My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by zzzzzzz

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
            , to my knowledge Matues hasnt put on a Munster jersey yet.

Does that mean you could see what he was wearing under his tracksuit when he was sub in the Heineken pool game in Cardiff Arms Park?
            Oh you got me there zzzzzzz, he probably was wearing a munster shirt under his tracksuit when he didnt come off the bench in Cardiff

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass

McGann is supposedly injured since xmas .. diogo was probably recovering from portugals last game against morocco where they qualified to meet uruguay in the final step to getting to the world cup.

I'm beginning to think this guy was a waste of a signing. We have hardly seen him at allin a Munster game yet, and the excuse is always the same - oh he was off playing for Portugal, or recovering after, or preparing for. If we can't use him, why did we sign him ?

Comment

have said from day one that the signing of diogo was a waste of time and money.

Comment

No disrespect to the lad but it's obvious that DK has no intention of playing him, and i'm sure he isnt over here at his own expense, the money could be better spent. If he does get played later in the season and turns out great i'll happily take it back but ...

Comment

This is a world cup year and portugal have had to go the long way of qualifying and its a bit unfair to say he is a waste of a signing. The reason he hasnt played "much" is because he is young, in college and has to also play international world cup qualifying matches. Next year he wont have to because the world cup will be over so why dont we cut him some slack. Also why would DK sign a player if he had no intention of playing him?????????? [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Cullen is on a pay as you play deal. If Deccie has decided that he won't form part of the HC 22 for the rest of the season then there was no point in paying him just for an A match.
                      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

On the deadsite match article it states that McGann is returning having been out injured since December. BTW there is no one better placed to judge who to select and who to leave out than DK. Nobody else here sees the guys in training every day.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Correct Sewa.

Cullen isn't on a pay as you play contract either. It's a 3 monthly reviewable jobbie.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

On the deadsite match article it states that McGann is returning having been out injured since December. BTW there is no one better placed to judge who to select and who to leave out than DK. Nobody else here sees the guys in training every day.

Fair enough but I would have thought that Cullen could have used the match practice.

He has been on the bench quite a lot recently but has played very little rugby this season.

For a guy who is part of our HEC 22 or thereabouts, it doesn't make much sence to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

Cullen isn't on a pay as you play contract either. It's a 3 monthly reviewable jobbie.

Cullen is on a basic plus pay as you play - not a 3 month reviewable.

Comment

Working...
                              X