Bambi injured.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bambi injured.

According to today's Indo. Suspected broken finger.

Great news [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Irish Independent

Quinlan, Lewis and Riordan join Irish squad

WITH Shane Horgan, already set to miss two games, at least, of the Six Nations campaign, Eddie O'Sullivan lost two more backs yesterday when Robert Kearney and John Kelly withdrew from the Ireland squad, WRITES DAVID KELLY

Leinster's Kearney has a hamstring problem while the experienced Kelly is nursing bruised ribs sustained in Munster's defeat by Leicester.

And there may be even more casualties as Kelly's Munster tam-mate Barry Murphy has a suspected finger fracture while Leinster lock Malcolm O'Kelly's knee problem will be assessed by medical staff today.

Already drafted in as replacements are Northampton's former Leinster centre David Quinlan, Kieran Lewis of Leinster - who didn't make the Leinster 22 against to Gloucester despite starting a week earlier against Edinburgh - and Connacht's exciting full-back Danny Riordan.

The Galway native is in his second season with Connacht and he has nabbed five tries in his 16 appearances so far.

His sporting career began playing Gaelic football for Annaghdown U12, with whom he played until minor level.

He began playing rugby in 2nd year in Coláiste Iognáid, along with football and soccer, first representing Connacht at schools level before being called up by the Galway football minors in 2002.

Recently, he has represented Ireland in the U21 Six Nations and World Cup before breaking through with Michael Bradley's side this season.

Comment

Ah for feck sake!
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Any idea on how long he would be out of action for? Any word on the Halstead injury??
        \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

At least the next HEC game is miles away.

Comment

A fella at the game was tellin me Halstead injury is serious and it`s his knee not calf..is this true?

Comment

Broken finger, 4 to 6 weeks usually

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                At least the next HEC game is miles away.

Exactly, Dan. There are far worse times for this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey

A fella at the game was tellin me Halstead injury is serious and it`s his knee not calf..is this true?

Well if he isn't in the team for the Borders match on Feb 16, then I would be worried. Until that there's no point speculating.

Comment

Mal possible injury could catapult Hogan onto the Irish bench...
                    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

What's the word on Kelly? Without him, Bambi and Thunder, our backs don't look too flashy. Tomas, Mafi (to outside center) And who at first centre to come in. Possibly Cullen at 12, or Mossie? Long way off obviously, but still...

PS- any word on Foley?
                      \"The Red Army defeated the external enemy because it was organised, disciplined and ready for self sacrifice.\"

-Alexandra Kollontai

Comment

that's bambi's second broken finger this season ! he broke one just before coming back into action at the start of the season which was why his hand was well strapped up for the first few games he played.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I hate to come accross more negative but ive heard from to separate sources that halsteads injury is more serious than thought and that he wont be seen in a munster jersey again

Both mentioned the dreaded "cruciate"

Now i admit both these guys could be completley talking throught there holes but i havent heard any positive news coming from elsewhere

So who can brighten my day up and say it aint so.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey

Was talking to Trevor before the match on Saturday. he said the knee was coming on and that he would have given anything to have been able to play on Saturday. Met him in the Clarion asked him if he would be out for much longer and he said no. Very friendly.
                            \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                            \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke

What's the word on Kelly? Without him, Bambi and Thunder, our backs don't look too flashy. Tomas, Mafi (to outside center) And who at first centre to come in. Possibly Cullen at 12, or Mossie? Long way off obviously, but still...

PS- any word on Foley?

payne 12, cullen 15 maybe? would shore up the centre defensive problems. granted would leave us more vulnerable at 15
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X