To those who preached of home QF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those who preached of home QF

There was a lot of rubbish on this site building up to the game about where a home quarter final would be, i hope that stupid cockiness is out of the site from now on. It pissed me off at the time and i know i read a lot of posters saying the same. If the players do read this site they dont need that, we need to be behind them for the quarters now, nothing can ever be taken for granted, tonight proved that and well done to Leicester. GWAN MUNSTER

Ya, where were Munster and Leinster going to play their home QF's. It's a natural habit to expect your team to win when they are winning all the time and I'm as guilty as anybody.We allhave become a spoiled lately winning things and expect the winning to continue!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
      There was a lot of rubbish on this site building up to the game about where a home quarter final would be, i hope that stupid cockiness is out of the site from now on. It pissed me off at the time and i know i read a lot of posters saying the same. If the players do read this site they dont need that, we need to be behind them for the quarters now, nothing can ever be taken for granted, tonight proved that and well done to Leicester. GWAN MUNSTER
      Fair play kerry i said the same thing earlier much to a lot of peoples annoyance

Comment

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I hope the cockiness is gone too Kerry.

Bitter, myself and a few others pointed out that we were playing the one team who didn't give a s**t for our record and who our FANS were not showing respect for. Turn up on the day and get a win was the attitude.

Instead, it turned into a s**tfest about the GAA and why they won't give us a home q/f...we as fans were too up our own arses.

Hang our heads in shame but most importantly never do it again.

We may be HC champions but we are not invincible.

Never forget it and let's never do it again because for the last year we have sounded like the fans we used to give out about for the 5 years.

Red Army, my arse.

Comment

Was Pat right when he said it was only a field? </font>[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Anyway, it will give the team a kick where it might bring a bit of reality to them and make them realise they had become complacent. It's said that it's a good team that can play badly and win. They didn't play well against Bourgoin and sneaked a win but Leicester is Leicester and nobody can afford to be complacent when you play them. </font>[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
          Bigamy is one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Comment

Paulie said it was a 'lump of concrete'. Don't dwell on it. Gwan the reds.

Comment

What the man said.

Comment

I think it was only natural to talk about where a home QF was going to be played as this was new ground for Leinster &amp; ourselves.

If you were to take the view of one match at a time then none of us would purchase tickets for the Final until we're sure that our team would get through, yet there are over 30K tickets sold for it - not all of these 30K are going to travel regardless - it's about preparation and getting a good deal, which is what a lot of supporters here were hoping for in second guessing a "home QF".

Comment

More importantly, where will he hold the home semi [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]<!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  window.open = SymWinOpen;
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                  window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

The semi draw is on during the week, Munster and Leinster are in it. Regardless of what happened yesterday the question was and still is valid. Munster rugby should have perhaps issued a statementearlier in the seasonsaying that the q/f would be played in Musgrave no matter who we were up against.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac

I think it was only natural to talk about where a home QF was going to be played as this was new ground for Leinster &amp; ourselves.

If you were to take the view of one match at a time then none of us would purchase tickets for the Final until we're sure that our team would get through, yet there are over 30K tickets sold for it - not all of these 30K are going to travel regardless - it's about preparation and getting a good deal, which is what a lot of supporters here were hoping for in second guessing a "home QF".
                      My problem wasnt with conjecture Paddy, of course it was worth mentioning however for the last week as DG pointed out at the time the majority of discussion on the site was about where we'd have the home QF and the GAA etc as there was an attitude of forgone conclusion about last nights game. We'd lost focus as fans and if the players do scour this site every so often to see what we think of them or how we think theyre doing then reading this site during last week would have given them no comfort and wouldnt have been very motivating either

Comment

I'm not sure why there needs to be embarrassment or reticenceabout discussing a home quarter final. We are a professional set up and this false modesty of 'ah shur we'll wait and see what happens' has hindered the development of the organisation.....witness the welcome but way overdue development of Thomond park.

Those on the administrative side of Munster need to planwell into the future and from that point of view, they should have been discretely and actively looking into a home quarter final possibilities since the idea of Thomond Park development came up....... at least 7 to 8 months ago. The closure of Thomond and Lansdowne have been on the cards for some time.

It might be seen as arrogance by some but I think the general tone of discussionon this site over the last couple of weeks has been one of interest and concern rather than any expectation of a devine right to play a home quarter. I would suggest that Munster fans could feel rightly let down by an organisation who weren't seen to make an effort to find a proper home venue and so avoid another away trip by the fans they say they value so much.

As has been mentioned already on this thread, the possibilty!!!, of a home sf is alive and it won't make one iota of a difference to the teams of Munster or their opponents whether it is discussed by the fans or not. Unless there are some rumblings from those directly affected, ie the fans, why would those with decision making power in the MB work any harder to satisfy the object of their disaffection

Comment

Originally posted by pablowe

It might be seen as arrogance by some but I think the general tone of discussionon this site over the last couple of weeks has been one of interest and concern rather than any expectation of a devine right to play a home quarter. I would suggest that Munster fans could feel rightly let down by an organisation who weren't seen to make an effort to find a proper home venue and so avoid another away trip by the fans they say they value so much.

Pablowe, I know for a fact that the MB have been looking for a proper home venue for the last few months so I think you are out of line with that comment. They were working on making MP the venue but could not finalise that until they were sure we would get a home QF.

Comment

Originally posted by pablowe

Rubblish, rubbish, rubbish, and exactly the kind of attitude that got us spanked the other night.

What difference in the name of god would waiting one more week (from the Bourgoin game) till after the Tigers game have made? None at all, except to fill the walls of the Leicester dressing room with quotes form the MB about where we were playing our "home"q/f.

I'm pretty pi$$ed off now so I don't think I can post on this again or I might do a "milkman"
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Well said Kerry...Up until Wednesday the home quarter was all the talk. A lot of fans took winning at home for granted.

Comment

Working...
                              X