Leicester team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leicester team

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table" ="std_newsartd"><T>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD ="line">

just seen this on their site.

Tigers name team for Munster clash</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="date">19 January 2007, 9:45 am</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="author">By Marc Heywood</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="multimedia"></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="abstract">Leicester Tigers head coach Pat Howard has kept faith with the 22 that beat Cardiff Blues last weekend as the club prepare to face European champions Munster on Saturday night (kick-off 5.35pm). Howard makes only one change from the 34-0 victory, with Julian White replacing Marcos Ayerza at tight-head prop.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="article">Ayerza drops to the replacements bench, where he is joined by the six other substitutes who played their part against the Blues at Welford Road.

Geordan Murphy continues at full back, with Seru Rabeni and Alesana Tuilagi retainng their places on the wings. Ian Humphreys and Harry Ellis are again named at half-back, with Andy Goode unavailable due to injury.

Daryl Gibson faces a late fitness test. If he is ruled out, he will be replaced by Ollie Smith, with Leon Lloyd coming in as a replacement.

Humphreys, who has just signed a newcontract with the club,also faces a late fitness test. If he is ruled out, he will be replaced by Paul Burke.

Tigers

15. Geordan Murphy
    14. Seru Rabeni
    13. Dan Hipkiss
    12. Daryl Gibson
    11. Alesana Tuilagi
    10. Ian Humphreys
    9. Harry Ellis

1. Martin Castrogiovanni
    2. George Chuter
    3. Julian White
    4. Leo Cullen
    5. Louis Deacon
    6.Lewis Moody
    7. Shane Jennings
    8. Martin Corry (captain)

Replacements

16. James Buckland
    17. Marcos Ayerza
    18. Ben Kay
    19. Jordan Crane
    20. Frank Murphy
    21. Ollie Smith
    22. Sam Vesty
    </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

PaulBurke [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]. Old Dog will love that.

My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Looks weak.
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

F**k, I thought Burke would play at 10..........although IHwill certainly be a bigtarget for our BR...

Comment

I cannot believe Austin Healy is playing! [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

My views on Burke are well known - I regard his recruitment by Leicester as almost as bad as Munster signing Wyatt.

I'm disappointed that Johne Murphy isn't beinggiven a chance to take on Marcus Horan - Munster's best wing threequarter in living memory.
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Frank Murphy on bench also.

Comment

Is Hipkiss english? If he isn't then Harry Ellis is the only Englishman in the entire Tigers back line, there lies the problem with English rugby at the moment methinks.

Comment

Harry Ellis is English.

I make that 6 English players in the starting 15.

Comment

Dan Hipkiss makes it 7. Still a poor reflection on English rugby.

Comment

Looks like about as good a side as Leicester could have fielded. Certainly better balanced than the starting lineup for the Welford Road game.

Those are 2 huge fitness tests for them though. Losing 10 &amp; 12 would be a big blow if they don't make it!

Comment

Based on their back row I'd prefer to see Leamy, Wally and Axel in ours.
                        \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Burke's not on the bench though - so he'll go straight into the team if IH doesn't start; what if IH falls over 0.01 seconds into the match?
                          Hope Not Hate

Comment

Smith or Vesty will play OH.
                            \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Anyone else think Plug and Ellis are liabilities for them? Hot headed as
                              they both are, and we all know Plugs record against us. Will we see
                              them targetted the way Chabal was last season?

Comment

Working...
                              X