How to beat Munster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to beat Munster?

Devils advocate here, and obviously not trying to give ammo to the opposition - BUT - if you were Pat Howard, what way would you go about the match on saturday?

pick Paul Burke at outhalf. It's their only chance really.

Comment

[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

If I were them I think I would try play it tight. Commit men to the rucks and mauls, keep it amongst the forwards. I dont think Munster are particularly vunerable in this area, but the point being hold posession at all costs. The longer they retain posession, surely the better the chance of frustrating Munster (and keep the supporters quiet)

Comment

Originally posted by slurpy

If I were them I think I would try play it tight. Commit men to the rucks and mauls, keep it amongst the forwards. I dont think Munster are particularly vunerable in this area, but the point being hold posession at all costs. The longer they retain posession, surely the better the chance of frustrating Munster (and keep the supporters quiet)

Leicester need to win, Munster will be quite happy to let Leicester keep possession if they are going no where. Hopefully Munster will be able to capitalie on any mistakes Leicester make as they go in search of a win.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Another amazingly stupid thread. In all sincerity where else in the
            world would you see a fans site freely giving the opposition advice?
            Irish isn't the word for it [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

This forum is going to the dogs I'm afraid. Rapidly [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

p.s. Howard should select Varndell Ellis and Burke in the front row and base his entire game plan around complete dominance in this key area.

Comment

<DIV>
              Originally posted by Dermot G
              Another amazingly stupid thread. In all sincerity where else in the world would you see a fans site freely giving the opposition advice? Irish isn't the word for it [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

This forum is going to the dogs I'm afraid. Rapidly [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

</DIV>
              <DIV>Somebody's cranky today!!</DIV>
              <DIV>I actually think this could be an interesting thread. At least it's rugby related. We're two days away from a huge match and there's feck all discussion going on, people are more concerned about a home quarter final that we haven't earned yet.</DIV>
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

I reckon the best bet is to score more points than Munster do.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus O'Monstersuit
                  I reckon the best bet is to score more points than Munster do.

No sh*t,Sherlock![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

As someone else pointed out,possession is the key and not let Ronan O'Gara keep kicking it down the field after a lot of hard work........oh and for Shane Jennings to keep his trap shut

Comment

Discipline and possession are definitely the key for boths sides. Both will play a tight ten man game. Whoever manages it best will win.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Another amazingly stupid thread. In all sincerity where else in the
                      world would you see a fans site freely giving the opposition advice?
                      Irish isn't the word for it [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

p.s. Howard should select Varndell Ellis and Burke in the front row and base his entire game plan around complete dominance in this key area.

In fairness its more Irish to suggest that Howard, Moody, Jennings and Co. will fervishly browse the internet in search of a winning formula for Saturday, stumble across this thread and run round the hotel shouting "We've cracked it"

Comment

Simple.

Get at O'Gara. If you rattle him then a large part of what drives Munster forward is negated. The problem is that killer back row between you and him. If it was easy to do then more teams would've managed it.

Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Another amazingly stupid thread. In all sincerity where else in the world would you see a fans site freely giving the opposition advice? Irish isn't the word for it [img]smileys/smiley37.gif[/img]

Maybe so DG - BUT its an attempt to talk about Rugby, unlike 90% of the other cr*p that is doing the rounds at the moment - my attempt to bring the subject back to rugby comes after reading OD's post earlier which I am in agreement with.

Also, if you have an idea how the opposition are likely to play, you can by and large plan for it

Comment

"Careless talk costs lives" Skib. Remember? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Perhaps what galls me most is the negative nature of the thread.

If it had been entitled perhaps "Optimum tactics to slay the Tigers?" it might have been received somewhat better?

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed

In fairness its more Irish to suggest that Howard, Moody, Jennings and Co. will fervishly browse the internet in search of a winning formula for Saturday, stumble across this thread and run round the hotel shouting "We've cracked it"
                              Amidst much forehead slapping and "Of @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">course@@@@/SPAN>, why didn't @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">we@@@@/SPAN> think of that!"... [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Working...
                              X