SHould Dowling & Frankie be dropped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHould Dowling & Frankie be dropped

Have alwasy been a big fan of Frankies and think he has always had a rough ride frm the media but he does appear to have lost confidence in his throwing and we definitely can't afford a repeat of last weekends line out shambles. Flannery has to start.

As for Dowling hs seems to be going through a similar poor patch to hoggy was last year, he was at fault for Leisnter try over xmas and got handed off embarassingly by shane horgan same day only for the ever reliable payne to save his ass with a great cover tackle. Again last week he got bounced off for the bourgoin 3rd tryand missed tacle for fourth. Am sure Leicester will be coming down his wing every cahnce they get.
    Send lawyers, drugs and money the sh*t has hit the fan!!

I think our problems will be more in the centre if we go with the same pairing we had last weekend. Also, not sure if Jerry is fully match fit for a full game against Tigers...might see him coming on as a sub if Frankie isn't doing the business though.

Comment

I disagree on both, first off Flannery has had little match time and it would be a big gamble to start him, id probably bring him on 2nd half. Frankie is not playing his best Rugby but its not totally brutal either. As for Dowling he was one of the better players on sun. Murphy had by far a worse denfesive display. His a solid lad and im not sure who i would put in his place.

Comment

We need to look at the centre pairing for Saturday's match, I think we need to put John Kelly in there for some solidity, not sure who I'd take out - probably Barry given those missed tackles.

As for Kelly's replacement on the wing I would probably go for TOL however I doubt DK will as he'll be holding him to cover Stringer. So he might push Mafi out there or bring Cullen in at FB with Payne going on the wing. (thank god I'm not DK - too many decisions !!!).

As for Frankie he just isn't the Frankie we knew before his long lay off (more than understandable), apart from his throwing he just doesn't seem to get around the pitch the way he used to and this is where Flannery is missed as much as his throwing (which can have its off days too). The question is could Fla last 60mins+ against the Tigers if DK thinks he could then he should give it a go otherwise bring him on for the last half an hour.

Comment

I agree with son, I think dowling should start, Kelly at centre and i'd like to see more of TOL at the wing with his pace. As for Frankie he's still playing alright but that lineout is a big problem, lets hope Fla's layoff hasnt effected him too much, if match fit start Fla but i doubt he is yet

Comment

Frankie i would definetly drop as the confidence just seem to be there at the moment but Dowling no way.I cant see why he is comming in for such criticism fair enough he might not be the best going forward but his defence is fairly solid most of the time.The one change i would make in the backs though is moving Kelly to 12 and Mafi to the wing.
            Grow the club to 10000 full members and theyll all have heineken cup tickets.....yeadh right lying b******s

Comment

I think people are being a bit harsh against Bambi. He's always been solid enough when Halstead's around and I think that a bit of practice is all thats needed for Mafi and himself to come up to speed.

Comment

Dowlings defence is anything but solid.

Comment

It will all come right, as we move towards the business end of the season. People are forgetting that Munster will not be playing on Saturday, the way they did Sunday. They will be much tighter against Leicester.

Comment

i think frankie stays as flannery is not match fit. but give flannery a few games and he will be back in. dowling i agree needs to be dropped, he has not been up to it so far. i would be happy with hoggy, payne (with cullen at full back)on the wing ahead of him.

Comment

Would this be the same Dowling who caused the winning try (Donnachas) against leicester in the last game. Dowling is class and you should get behind the team rather than second guess the most sucessful manager any irish team has ever had.

As for Frankie the guy has broken his focking bollix to get back to where he is from being recommended to quit by the doctors. Most of us would have retired at that stage. Not this guy. He epitomises the Munster attitude.
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Would this be the same Dowling who caused the winning try (Donnachas) against leicester in the last game. Dowling is class and you should get behind the team rather than second guess the most sucessful manager any irish team has ever had.

As for Frankie the guy has broken his focking bollix to get back to where he is from being recommended to quit by the doctors. Most of us would have retired at that stage. Not this guy. He epitomises the Munster attitude.

Munster ! Munster ! Munster ! GWAN SEWA !!! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

The problem isn't Dowling, it's inside him. Affecting RoG too. Halstead and Axel missed big time. I'd put Axel at 8, move Leamy to blind-side (if he has recovered, otherwise Micko starts again). Kelly to shore up the middle, TOL on the wing in his place. I'd lose Mafi rather than Barry. Not sure what Deccy will do, but we need to be a lot tighter for Tiggers.

This is a big game and Leicester are 'looking forward' to it. Respect to Leicester, but Pope got it right last night - we need to get back to what we do well - the basics. For that Axel is paramount (if he tires after an hour sub him, but he has to start). Big game, big decisions.

Comment

No Chance, Dowling is quality and he will prove it Saturday.CMON MUNSTER
                            Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

I'd like to see flannery coming on for second half but think people are being over critical of Dowling and believe he is our best option at the moment. Also, can't see DK making any changes in the back line from Bourgoin match. Payne is simply too reliable at 15 and we have no cover at 12 for Mafi, also believe Bambi is by far the best option at 13 despite a few defensive errors last week, which were not exactly characteristic of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X