Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red October

Originally posted by LondonMunster
    The thing I took from all those clips wasn't how Chabal took the hits, it was McAlister's slight of hand. Fair enough he was up against Fla, but nevertheless he's handy.

Meh. He's no Philip Danaher.

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Personally think the answer to the thread title is both. As others have already said the fact he can have such an influence on the others suggests you have to knock him out of his stride. The tackle by ROG impressed me the most though, you actually see a shudder go down Chabal's body from the impact - all that from feeble little ROG.
    Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
    Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
    For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
    You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Comment

I think he's a fine player - though on the wane over the last season or
      two. It's just he's become their "get the ball to ..." player; where so
      much of their performance can revolve around him. That makes them
      far easier to negate.
      Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
      "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

It was a good front up tackle by ROG, but if you look at it, its the lick Axle puts on him does the damage. I was behind the posts straight in line when he lined up ROG.
        Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a pint in one hand, wine in the other totally worn out and screaming \'WOOO HOOOO\' what a ride! I wanna go round again.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo

It was a good front up tackle by ROG, but if you look at it, its the lick Axle puts on him does the damage. I was behind the posts straight in line when he lined up ROG.
          Correct[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img].
          And he doesn't like those big hits at all. Went missing at TP last time. On the dvd I have watched and rewatched (sad I know but it was one of the great games, ever), he is slow to get up out of the tackles and gradually loses interest. In the last quarter, he was well behind play. Hope for more of the same tomorrow (Is no-one else nervous? I'm dying here and half the posts are about Fishers shorts or Fla's pink Tshirt)). When Chabal gets going, he can really get his team on the front foot.
          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Maybe he will turn the tables and beat us up tomorrow so stop crowing about the last time out which was an aberration for him.

Based on our performance over the last few weeks we have not got a prayer against Sale. We are like the country we are fu**ked.
            Munster to Win the HCUP in 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by No.8

Originally posted by bosh12
              The most over rated player in world rugby

agreed, closely followed by Henson</span>. Obviously pundits are fooled by fancy hair do's and maybe Big Pete
              I'd have said it is now the opposite for him. Pople got so upset at him being over-rated, that they now totally write off what he actually brings - which is significant. Very physical, massive boot, great defence and a good break.

Comment

Hodgon and Cueto talking about the hit on chabal from the 2006 home game.....
                brilliant stuff....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I don't think Chabal lost interest last time, there's only so much of a battering you can take in any game and only so much you can try to carry a team getting swamped.

Comment

Originally posted by busbi
                    Originally posted by No.8

Originally posted by bosh12
                    The most over rated player in world rugby

agreed, closely followed by Henson. Obviously pundits are fooled by fancy hair do's and maybe Big Pete

I'd have said it is now the opposite for him. Pople got so upset at him being over-rated, that they now totally write off what he actually brings - which is significant. Very physical, massive boot, great defence and a good break.

ya, he has some of that but I think he destroys the momentum of any backline he plays in with his sideways running. He will often hand off someone while doing it, which looks impressive but in reality, isn't. And The pope'll get upset about anything rugby related, don't listem to him

Comment

That crabbing thing was what made Henson a pants OH, not so sure it's as much trouble at IC or more so FB. He did have an awful habit of drifting across the pitch, eating up space and time, while deciding what to do and eventually doing nothing. I also think he's moved on a bit from then. Still wouldn't have him at munster compared to our first choice options.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh Start

That crabbing thing was what made Henson a pants OH, not so sure it's as much trouble at IC or more so FB. He did have an awful habit of drifting across the pitch, eating up space and time, while deciding what to do and eventually doing nothing. I also think he's moved on a bit from then. Still wouldn't have him at munster compared to our first choice options.
                        You need to think outside the square re Henson - think of the sales of hair gel and fake tan if he signed for Munster. Our ailing economy needs all the help it can get.

Sign him up now.

Comment

From the HK 7s... a bit disturbing

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I always liked Chabal in his playing days, even though I really really enjoyed the attention POC and DOC paid him in Thomond Park. He always seems to be ready to laugh at himself, and I think his song is a bit of craic. Well done Seb!

Comment

Working...
                            X