Chabal - a talisman or a target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chabal - a talisman or a target?

He must not enjoy playing us too much I reckon.....

ROG/Axel double tackle

POC/DOC drive him back from a restart

Strings/Wally catch him cold, to set up everything in 2006 [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mafi smashes him in October 2008

The oddest thing is he knows he'll get the same again, or perhaps worse tomorrow [img]smileys/badgrin.gif[/img]

Is that why he's been tuckedaway in the 2nd row? [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Maybe BB. I must admit I got a wee bit fired up even watching those hits on the big Frenchman.

Really looking forward to the game now.

Comment

He has certainly waned in the last two seasons, but nevertheless an important player for the Sharks.

Interesting about the DOC / POC restart is the bugger still managed to hold onto the ball with half the Munster forwards on him. He was murderised that day, but kept getting up for more.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

The most over rated player in world rugby

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

He has certainly waned in the last two seasons, but nevertheless an important player for the Sharks.

Interesting about the DOC / POC restart is the bugger still managed to hold onto the ball with half the Munster forwards on him. He was murderised that day, but kept getting up for more.
            He'd have been better off going to ground immediately I reckon. For the Wally try at the end he was out on his feet. Seldom plays 80 mins. these days I believe.

Still a great player though.

Comment

Agree he's not the player he was. Im delighted he'snot starting in the back row though.

Comment

Originally posted by bosh12
                The most over rated player in world rugby

agreed, closely followed by Henson. Obviously pundits are fooled by fancy hair do's and maybe Big Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                  Originally posted by fitzy73

He'd have been better off going to ground immediately I reckon. For the Wally try at the end he was out on his feet. Seldom plays 80 mins. these days I believe.

Still a great player though.

He was trying to go to ground, I think, but was held up and driven back. Still some strength to retain the ball in hand though.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

The thing I took from all those clips wasn't how Chabal took the hits, it was McAlister's slight of hand. Fair enough he was up against Fla, but nevertheless he's handy.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster
                      The thing I took from all those clips wasn't how Chabal took the hits, it was McAlister's slight of hand. Fair enough he was up against Fla, but nevertheless he's handy.
                      Handy??? - He more that fcuking handy!!!![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster

Meh. He's no Philip Danaher.

Comment

Thing with Chabel is he motivates the Sharks big time. If he's rampaging all over the place with ball in hand, he gives the a great platform. If we smash him early and often, he loses interest big time. Mafi and Earls have a big task ahead of them too, keeping tabs on their centres. Big game, cant wait
                          Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                          Aint nothin I would rather do,
                          Goin down, party time,
                          My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

He was about the only Sale backrow visible that day - Lund and White
                            were anonymous. I think it's more if you smash him, the rest of the
                            team begin to lose interest.
                            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                            Munster: Early Season
                            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Not so much a talisman role for the Sharks in the same way as he is for France remember the game in paris WC against ire.

Comment

Working...
                              X