True Munster Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Munster Fans

I'm doing a research project on True Munster fans and im looking for stories about your experiences envolving your experiences while following the RED ARMY, these stories can be both positive and negative, any little detail of your stories will prove vital to me

lazy fcuker, do some proper research.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

@@@@SPAN =storyline>Ask Bertie. He's one of the "true" fans that has a ticket for the game.@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =storyline>Bertie to line out for Munster@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =storydate>17/01/2007@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =story>Taoiseach Bertie Ahern will forget any loyalty to Leinster this weekend when he joins Munster's massive army of rugby supporters for the final Heineken Cup Match in Limerick's historic Thomond park.

The hallowed rugby ground will stage its final hurrah this Saturday before work commences on a €40m redevelopment plan, which will see crowd capacity increase to 29,000.

The multi-million-euro project was given the green light by Limerick City Council earlier this week and work could begin as early as next month.

A host of events have been planned for the weekend to mark Saturday's final match in the existing ground and Mr Ahern is to be guest of honour at the sell out game against Leicester Tigers.
      @@@@/SPAN>
      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

we should boo him for taking a ticket from a real fan [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ruck,

i have been following munster for years but have never had the chance to go to a game, thats what im after, a feel for the atmosphere inside a stadium, the inside experiences??

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
            lazy fcuker, do some proper research.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]I am sure there are plenty of people that have stories but you might them hard to part with them for fear of self incrimination.
            \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Do you think, I would fit in Berties pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Munster for life

ruck,

i have been following munster for years but have never had the chance to go to a game, thats what im after, a feel for the atmosphere inside a stadium, the inside experiences??

I do hope that this is just a bad WUM. ?
                =========================
                \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

I'ts crap.. the sound of silence at times is quite disturbing, unsettles the players no end, especially the kickers, sometimes all you can hear is the munch of the prawn sandwiches

Comment

I usually wouldn't bother with this, but he'd better not walk out on the pitch beforehand wearing a Munster scarf - that would be hugely insulting!

It's bad enough that 2 people who have spent money going to away games have to miss out because of these clowns, but they'll be trying to tell us that they LOVE rugby and how WONDERFUL Munster are, and...*pukes in the corner*

Well feck 'em - if rugby is so great and important, why let Dempsey mess up free-to-air HEC coverage?

I don't approve of booing, period. However for these two cretins I'll make an exception! Grrrr![img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

well a couple of years ago i queued in the rain and wind for 3 months outside thomond park to get a ticket for a heineken cup game in france. paid a mint for first class flights and and 5* hotel for the weekend only to be told that the game was being held on a wednesday morning in latvia. undeterred i hired a yak out near doon and made the game by halftime. was mugged four times on the way out and twice on the way back. the yak was shot going through romania. a great week. couldn't get a ticket for the return fixture in thomond park two weeks later though. typical of the treatment us real fans ever receive.

Comment

Makes my blood boil...Bertie gets a free ticket while I can't get into the ground...well, legally anyway....[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Here's hoping I'm a faster sprinter thant the stewards!

Comment

Is this for serious? I don't see the logic behind Bertie showing up for this game. Maybe thats why I'm not in politics.
                          Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand

Makes my blood boil...Bertie gets a free ticket while I can't get into the ground...well, legally anyway....[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Here's hoping I'm a faster sprinter thant the stewards!

Best of luck with the sprinting. I once stood beside a guy who'd been kicked out three times. Didn't POC jump the wall for the saracens game?
                            Is it only a game?
                            And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

I remember the story of a fan somewhere. Maybe a Munster fan who knows. Anyway, he went on an almighty tear aftersome match and crawled home in the small hours to his lodgings well and truly smashed. He had to catch the train at 8 am to get to the ferry. So having been well and truly anaesthetised the night before he slept in and had only barely enough time to get to the station. He forgot his holdall in the process and only had what clothes thatwere on him. No chance to go back to the hotel, too late. The train was almost ready to leave and your man was in desperate state at the tail end of a queue. He badly needed a crap so he he decided that if he released a small bit of wind the pressure might ease somewhat. Unfortunately, what wind came was accompanied by a large deposit as well. He was forced to stand there as the train was getting ready to leave. However, because of the odour emanating from your man's pants the queue as if by magic disappeared and he hurriedly purchased his ticket. He then decided he had time to rush into a nearbyshop and purchase a tracksuit. Onto the train and into the jax where he whipped off everything and pitched them out the window. He kept his belt though. He gave himself a good wash at the sink and pulled out the tracksuit only to discover that it was only a tracksuit top. Nothing for it only to put it on. So he pulled it up his legs andput the belt on. Anyone you know?

Comment

Working...
                              X