First Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time

The match on Sunday was the first time that Munster ever conceeded a four try bonus point.
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

I assume you mean in the HEC.

Comment

An unusual sceanario when the losing team gets 2 points. 1 for 4 trys and 1 for within 7. (I assume they get 2 points anyway, not that it matters)

Comment

Now that would be a good quiz question.

Comment

Their only 2 points in the pool stages so far.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Scots, was that you sitting in front of DK at the match?
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

All the Bourgoin tries came from Munster mistakes though, they didn't actually build anything - not that it mattered if they had got their kicks over.

I think ROG was right after the game when he said he always felt that Munster could raise the game. But all in all we were lucky to get out the gate with 4 points with so many on the team misfiring.

If we lose at Thomond Park on Saturday one other first will be the first time we had two bad performances back to back.

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkieM
                An unusual sceanario when the losing team gets 2 points. 1 for 4 trys and 1 for within 7. (I assume they get 2 points anyway, not that it matters)
                2 bp for Bourgoin. I think that Leinster almost did the same thing a couple of seasons back against BO, where they were dead and buried and scored a couple of tries in the last five minutes to give them selves the chance of two bp and qualification. Unfortunately they knocked on with a try at their mercy in one of the last plays of the game.
                Census day, 23 April 2006, when men stood up and were counted

Comment

When was the 4 try bonus point rule introduced into the group stages?
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkieM

It is certainly the case in the ML as Connacht were the recipients of two such points in one of their matches before Christmas. If the purpose of such points is to give losing teams something to play for I see no reason why they wouldn't be awarded in the HC as well.
                    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta
                      There were definitely no bonus points in the 2002/2003 season, otherwise scoring four tries against Gloucester would have sufficed, and we wouldn't have needed the miracle 27 points. I think bonus points were introduced in the 2003/2004 season, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ryano
                        There were definitely no bonus points in the 2002/2003 season, otherwise scoring four tries against Gloucester would have sufficed, and we wouldn't have needed the miracle 27 points. I think bonus points were introduced in the 2003/2004 season, but I could be wrong.

So would that have only made it half a miracle? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If we leaked so many tries it is because we were in a pure experimental mode... not very conclusive but the fact that it backfired to a certain degree is a great kick up the ars* for the Tigers match... yes we will certainlygo backto basics with a couple extra options if things open up and we get some breathing space (hmm... not sure they'll be much of that[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]) to mark yet another record in consecutive matches won in the H Cup [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                          \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars\"

Comment

Considering the way Cardiff coughed up tries to Leicester, i'd hope we don't adopt the same tactics again.

Comment

Originally posted by ryano
                              No try or losing BPs in 2002/3
                              2003/4 they were introduced

Look at the pool tables on ERC
                              http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/34_63.php?
                              Rugby: it\'s not the winning, it\'s the taking apart

Comment

Working...
                              X