Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingdomboy View Post
    Good research and info Giggsy.

2 players also ex Academy playing in 1A Saturday and regularly for their clubs ,Evan Mintern and Dan Walsh have also been involved i Celtic Cup and have played well according to Reports.
    Both of them are super players. Walsh inparticular is playing really good stuff for Munsters at the minute. Probably too late for an academy contract but you never know doors could open down the line if they're consistent, Cronan Gleeson and Neil Cronin are proof of that

Comment

Update
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrGf...em-uploademail

Comment

Update
        Josh Wycherly added to academy
        https://munsterrugby.ie/2018/12/20/a...december-2018/

Comment

That’s the Scannell brothers, the Coombes cousins now the two Wycherly’s. Any other relations we need to know about.
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

JJ, CJ and BJ
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

'To think Munster can match Leinster's resources without a well-managed club system is a joke' https://the42.ie/4421887

Worth a read
              Still there's a light I hold before me
              You're the measure of my dreams
              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Latest academy uptade:
                "On the injury front, Jack O’Sullivan has made his return from a long-term knee injury for UCC in the All Ireland League. Diarmuid Barron is set to be out for four to six weeks with a scaphoid injury.

Academy centre Matt More has completed his time with the province opting to return to South Africa."

Rassie's gain I suppose re More!
                Great news for Jack O'Sullivan though
                Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                  Latest academy uptade:
                  "On the injury front, Jack O’Sullivan has made his return from a long-term knee injury for UCC in the All Ireland League. Diarmuid Barron is set to be out for four to six weeks with a scaphoid injury.

Academy centre Matt More has completed his time with the province opting to return to South Africa."

Rassie's gain I suppose re More!
                  Great news for Jack O'Sullivan though

Bad timing for Barron after Sherry leaving. Good to see JOS back. There's going to be some real selection headaches for the backrows in a year or two.

Good luck to More. Plenty of centers in Munster and nearly all of them are young.

Comment

Seems like James McCarthy has left the academy. The fact that Munster didn’t transfer him to one of the 1A AIL sides was a bad sign for him this season. Hasn’t kicked on as he had hoped internationally and would have been a real outsider for the World Cup. Anybody know where he is off to and when do we normally get a formal announcement on the academy lads?
                    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                      Seems like James McCarthy has left the academy. The fact that Munster didn’t transfer him to one of the 1A AIL sides was a bad sign for him this season. Hasn’t kicked on as he had hoped internationally and would have been a real outsider for the World Cup. Anybody know where he is off to and when do we normally get a formal announcement on the academy lads?
                      Maybe he didnt want to move or Munster thought it better him play week to week in Bohs then other sides
                      Collinho it'll be month plus before any announcement. you're hear long enough... always at end of season. around time of JWC

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                        'To think Munster can match Leinster's resources without a well-managed club system is a joke' https://the42.ie/4421887

Worth a read
                        Munster don't need to wait for the IRFU to save the national league, they just need to help half a dozen or so Munster clubs in their own self interest.

Shannon, Garryowen and Con gave us the 2006-2008 pack. It's worth keeping on the boil.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                          James McCarthy going back to Wales, my best educated guess would be Dragons. Frighteningly talented in attack to be fair to him, not the most fond of defending though. Still very young, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Pro14 soon enough, can't see him progressing further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                            Munster don't need to wait for the IRFU to save the national league, they just need to help half a dozen or so Munster clubs in their own self interest.

Shannon, Garryowen and Con gave us the 2006-2008 pack. It's worth keeping on the boil.
                            Shannon, Garryowen, Con didnt give us the pack. They were the end stop of a series of clubs and it was in a different era for quite a few of those players.
                            Celtic League/Pro12 etc different animal now etc
                            AIL is worthwhile and very much so but when people say save the national league/AIL reminising of what it was in the 90s/early 00s its not going to go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

James McCarthy going back to Wales, my best educated guess would be Dragons. Frighteningly talented in attack to be fair to him, not the most fond of defending though. Still very young, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Pro14 soon enough, can't see him progressing further than that.

Very disappointing to have heard that alright. I really rated him as a player from the limited games i saw, some talent going forward. Any news on why?

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post

Very disappointing to have heard that alright. I really rated him as a player from the limited games i saw, some talent going forward. Any news on why?
                                Didn’t settle it seems. Nothing sorted in Wales yet.
                                \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Working...
                                X