Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifeimi Mafi

<DIV>So what are peoples opinions on this fella?</DIV>
    <DIV>He certainly has a good strike rate. How many tries does he have for us already?</DIV>
    <DIV>I think his defence is still suspect. He missed a few tackles yesterday by rushing out of our defensive line to put in a big hit only to fail and create gaps.</DIV>
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Can only get better with time. No one played well yesterday except for the Bull

Comment

I think Mafi is proving to be a very good prospect. He's got 3 tries in the last 2 games, so he is settling in nicely now, that he is getting some game time. Looking at yesterdays match, where nobody played up to scratch, Barry Murphy missed more of the crucial tackles than Mafi.

Comment

I think he did well yesterday and will give us a good impact substitution when halstead is back (hopefully next week). I also think Payne is playing great stuff for us defensively but he is adding very little to us going forward. Any thoughts anyone

Comment

Halstead has been ruled out of next weeks game.
          </a>

Comment

Originally posted by rebel1
            I think he did well yesterday and will give us a good
            impact substitution when halstead is back (hopefully next week). I also
            think Payne is playing great stuff for us defensively but he is adding
            very little to us going forward. Any thoughts anyone

Check the 3rd try yesterday. Payne made the bust, and delvered a perrfect pass for Larry to crusie in.

Comment

I really rate Mafi, i didnt think he did that bad defensively yesterday, on a poor day he was one of the better players

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck

Where did u read this ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Some Paper

With a day's less preparation this week, they'll "spend more time analysing the video than out on the pitch", and Kidney ruled out a return for Trevor Halstead.
                  </a>

Comment

f**k !!!

Hope tis only Kidney playing games...

Comment

Payne was solid...........again, as always and set up Mafi perfectly. As someone siad Mafi can only get better.

Comment

I like the look of Mafi. I think he needs a bit of experience in terms of defensive systems, but I don't think moving him from 12 to 13 so frequently will help that.

Again we come back to questioning how isolatable player's performance are. No one who reckons ROG had a poor game (I don't, by the way - I thought he played ok) can criticise the centres.

Most of the handling errors in the open came from forwards, as far as I remember.

I think Mafi has a bright future - he's quick, strong, aggressive. He may lack some of the technique in defence, but he shows willing - and that's an important first step. he has no fear of contact, so adjusting his technique a bit shouldn't be too difficult.

He may also need to adjust a little in termsof the running styles of those he's playing against. A lot of Super 14's is played very upright, looking for the lay off and thetackler is targetting the ball as often as not. Mafi may be getting caught out by the willingness of northern hemisphere runners tocommit to the contact andset up the ruck. Speculating, but what else is there to do at this time on a Monday?
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck

Now this is bad news.

Comment

Halstead being out is massive-I think part of the reason we changed game plan yesterday was to accomodate Mafi.He`s a different type of player in that he looks for gaps and quick hands where The Beast makes yardage through the middle. We tried to get Dowling &amp; Wally doing it yesterday.

The problem is the Leicester backline is based on power and we need big hitters there.

Overall though Mafi looks a real prospect-good hands, good feet and makes excellent support runs.

Comment

defensively Mafi and Murphy probably need a little more time but they arent too bad. When Halstead is there it takes pressure off Murphy but with two 13 style players together they just have to be a bit more aware of the gaps around them. If we can outscore the opposition while they bed in they could be an excellent combination like D'Arcy and BOD
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X