ERC to replace Paris Accord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERC to replace Paris Accord

They will, if the governing unions agree to it in two weeks time. What have the French clubs being promised as they don't seem to going to kick up about it (according to Lux) ? -

ERC draws up a new accord

Thursday January 11 2007

Critical meeting for Heineken future in two weeks' time
    ERC, the body in charge of Heineken Cup administration, has drafted a new set of rules and regulations for the future administration of the Heineken Cup, to replace the Paris accord of 1999.

If ratified, the new rules and regulations will be in place until 2009.

The new accord is to be presented to the governing bodies of the six participating nations at the end of January after scrutiny from the lawyers, but there may be trouble ahead.

The RFU and Premier Rugby are still at loggerheads over the sharing of responsibility and revenue from the tournament, whilst the French clubs are irritated over the continual wrangling - to the extent where they refused to turn up to the meeting where the new accord was drafted.

"It will be presented to all the participants at the end of the month," European rugby president Jean-Pierre Lux told AFP.

"The only potential stumbling blocks could come from the reaction of English clubs," said Lux.

Premier Rugby have threatened to pull the clubs out of the European competitions if their demands are not met.

If they do agree to the new document, English clubs will commit to European rugby until at least 2009.<!- / message ->

I suspect that given it's rather short duration, that this is an interim thing. Maybe a period for a formal review?
    Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Interesting that the french now look like they are okand are putting the focus on the english for a potential pull-out...
      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Yeah Blanco has come out over here and said that they've a problem signing up long term if the English are at sixes and sevens

Comment

so what was once something we could laugh at (the squabble of premier rugby and RFU) is now becominga problem for all of us![img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom
            Yeah Blanco has come out over here and said that they've a problem signing up long term if the English are at sixes and sevens

Yea the French want seven every year with England at six.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet

Originally posted by Max Headroom

Yea the French want seven every year with England at six.
              funny considering one of their playoff contenders hasnt won a match yet this season....
              Hi sham, gimme 2 pints of carling, a bottle of bud, and a vodka and orange for the burd

Comment

Blanco has made no secret of his desire to see an Anglo French league
                made up roughly of 14 teams?

Comment

Working...
                X