• Show
Clear All

• Munster15
    replied
    "The team is completely dedicated to the European Cup. You should
    see them when they are playing away, they come with a 20 people
    staff, very impressive..."
    - an interesting statement from the French management. I can find
    reason for 10 on the flight but 20 seems a bit over the top.

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied
    Originally posted by dipstick

Originally posted by chocolat
    Was talking to Corker, Wayen and Shane who were finishing a 7 course lunch with some of their supporters. They see match as a showcase and yes are aiming to win.

Lets hope their aim is as good as usual.

Lets hope OD's theoryis wrong then[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Old Dog

It's the Munster way - first rush in with arms and legs flailing and then sit down and think about things.

As I learned many years ago, on myChange Management course, it's another case of "Ready, Fire, Aim"

Leave a comment:

• dipstick
    replied

Originally posted by chocolat
    Was talking to Corker, Wayen and Shane who were finishing a 7 course lunch with some of their supporters. They see match as a showcase and yes are aiming to win.

Lets hope their aim is as good as usual.

Leave a comment:

• chocolat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by Junster

Ouch that's what I was afraid of... [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]... it may wellturn out to bea tough battle up front and I'm slightly wary of the fact that Halstead's injury could prove very costly when we want to strike... no direspect to Mafi but he certainly doesn't show the same ability toget through atightdefence and offload the way H does... mind you if we're close enough to their linehe seems like the best striker... problem is we may not find it so easy to get close to their line as they seem to defend very well at home*... this is where H proves crucial as he's able to literallybreak through any defence... still I expect Rog's kicking out of hand and the hunger of our forwards for a good battle will prove decisive[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

*Whether it is hometo them will depend on the numbers wearing a red jersey... for those of you coming to Geneva don't sing or shout for the next36 hours so as to be as vocal as possibleon the day... I have decided to stop talking now![img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]IF THEY NEED US WE WILL BE THERE

C'MON MUNSTER!!

Different position to 13, 12 is supposed to be Mafi's natural position so he should be more relaxed there.

First 30 mins they will come at us. If we can be ahead then I would expect changes after half time.

Leave a comment:

• dipstick
    replied
    The Barry/Larry combination to strike mortal fear into the froggies. You heard it here first.

Leave a comment:

• Junster
    replied

Ouch that's what I was afraid of... [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]... it may wellturn out to bea tough battle up front and I'm slightly wary of the fact that Halstead's injury could prove very costly when we want to strike... no direspect to Mafi but he certainly doesn't show the same ability toget through atightdefence and offload the way H does... mind you if we're close enough to their linehe seems like the best striker... problem is we may not find it so easy to get close to their line as they seem to defend very well at home*... this is where H proves crucial as he's able to literallybreak through any defence... still I expect Rog's kicking out of hand and the hunger of our forwards for a good battle will prove decisive[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

*Whether it is hometo them will depend on the numbers wearing a red jersey... for those of you coming to Geneva don't sing or shout for the next36 hours so as to be as vocal as possibleon the day... I have decided to stop talking now![img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]IF THEY NEED US WE WILL BE THERE

C'MON MUNSTER!!

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied

Originally posted by belacquiad
    Have they named their squad? If so, are they resting any front line players?

Le Groupe :

- Les Avants : Kinchagishvili, Milloud, Peyron, Vigneaux, Cardinali, Sourgens, Pierre, Williams, Del Fava, Monzeglio, Bonnaire, Jooste, Rennie

- Les Arrières : Parra, Prendergast, Laloo, Coux, Boussès, Coetzee, Nicolas, Davis, Finau, Denos

The following was their team for the Biarritz match last week

- CSBJ :

F.DENOS
    M.NICOLAS
    G.BOUSSES
    R.COETZEE
    J.COUX
    S.LALOO
    M.PARRA
    J.BONNAIRE
    M.RENNIE (65e)
    W.JOOSTE
    B.MONZEGLIO
    C.DEL FAVA (76e)
    B.WILLIAMS
    J.PIERRE
    P.CARDINALI
    O.SOURGENS (57e)
    B.CABELLO
    R.VIGNEAUX (63e)
    O.MILLOUD

So the answer is NO, they are not resting any of their frontline players !!!

Leave a comment:

• belacquiad
    replied
    Have they named their squad? If so, are they resting any front line players?

Leave a comment:

• who?
    replied
    Bourgoin don't have the resources to be competitive in the HCup, but they could well raise themselves for 1 game against the Euro champions.

Leave a comment:

• Upfront_1979
    replied
    They are a hard team to call but if you are ahead by more than 10 at half time it should be easy enough. Probably tougher for munster to rack up a score on them then it was for leinster as they(bourgoin) have a pretty good forwards game. Halsteadis a big loss for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Red in the Pale
    replied

They're no mugs. remember that they put out second strings against Leinster over here (which they probably did in TP as well) and they won one of the return fixtures and BO'D had to rescue leinster from defeat the other time.

Results between Munster and Leinster over the last few seasons shows that there is not much between those two teams.

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    Need to win, no need to go after the bonus point. I don't care if we win by a point as long as we win. It's going to be a tough game but Munster will do it.

Leave a comment:

• wildRover
    replied

6 points from the 2 games will be enough to top the group.

Leave a comment:

• Junster
    replied
    Even if Leicester lose we will need a win to be secure... but god would I love that to happen as that would clearly mean the pool winner is a foregone conclusion... if they win with a BP then we will absolutely need a BP to avoid a cliffhanger in TP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X