Bourgoin’s manager: "Not for peanuts!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourgoin’s manager: "Not for peanuts!"

Pierre Raschi, former captain and now General Manager of Bourgoin gave his views to Rugby Hebdo (French weekly) about the game in Geneva:

@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">Rugby Hebdo: Although already out of the competition, CSBJ is under the spotlights as they meet the European champions for a first game in Geneva but will that be enough to motivate your players?@@@@/SPAN>
    Pierre Raschi: I have no doubt about that. We won't have to argue too much to find them a source of motivation. It is a great game to play against the crowned Euro champions in a magnificient 30 000 seater.
    <br style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">RH: So you won't be playing for peanuts?@@@@/SPAN>
    PR: No, this is not just to add something nice to our resume. Leicester has really impressed me and with this comming game, we would have faced the best in European rugby. I can't wait to see how we fair.

@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">RH: Do you consider this as a training game before going to Perpignan in the end of January?@@@@/SPAN>
    PR: Now that we are out of the HCup our obvious objective is the Championship. We have recently performed well against BOPB and showed our real value, we will have to perform at least as well in Perpignan.

@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-style: italic;">RH: How do you explain the gap between CSBJ's performances in the HCup and in the Championship?@@@@/SPAN>
    PR: I have been hearing this for three years... Last year, we had Leinster and Bath, both semi-finalists. This year, we have Munster, Leicester and Cardiff in what is no doubt the toughest pool of the competition with Stade Français' pool.

@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">RH: You took part in CSBJ's only victory against Munster (21-6 in october 1997). What do you remember from this game?@@@@/SPAN>
    PR: We had delivered a good game but there is no comparison between this Munster we beat and the current champion. The team is completely dedicated to the European Cup. You should see them when they are playing away, they come with a 20 people staff, very impressive...

------------------------------ ---

Well, I think he dodged pretty well the motivational aspects of the game...
    Let's hope they will be a decent opposition but that we score the now mandatory 6 or 7 tries [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img].

They'll roll over and die if we start well.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Good stuff [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

they gave Leicester a torrid time in the second half in Bourgoin.
        When they decide to play the're a quality side.
        This is no foregone conclusion IMO.

Comment

Is Boyet playing this weekend?
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

As far as I know he is still on the injured list.

I doubt they will risk him unless he is fully right.

Comment

A good start is what we need to kill them off. We don't need a dogfight. Tyr yo open a 10 or 12 point gap by halftime, forget the bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A.
                Is Boyet playing this weekend?

Still out injured afaik, as well as both front line SH's Forest and Prendie. Parra played last weekend against BO.

Comment

I dunno, I just have a bad feeling that they might decide to play because of the occasion and size of the crowd. Maybe i'm over analysing it though.......
                  "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Munster will pull away at the end of a tight game. Munster by 14pts.

Comment

I'm not saying that I think they'll lose I'm just not sure about the bonus point.
                      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

problem is twofold:

1. switch to geneva has made this game a 'show' game for bourgoin ;their side will be aware that they are in a media window and having just beaten Biarratz they have an impetus to show the rugby world outside france how good they are.

2.For them this is last game before a big rest.They will play Perpigan after their Cardiff game and they are USAP are fighting it out for a top 4 finish.They will put out a strong team against us and rest all for Cardiff.For us this is a big bannana skin but tbh I'm sure DK etc realises that.

Best Wishes
                        I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                        HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief
                          I dunno, I just have a bad feeling that they might decide to play because of the occasion and size of the crowd. Maybe i'm over analysing it though.......

Being a Munster fan means having a bad feeling about every game
                          \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

All good points Eamo.

My main fear is if Munster produce the same game as in TP V Cardiff. They were so much aiming for the BP that they lost their focus and sobriety and as a result nearly missed it.

I think CSBJ have proved they are no match for us. But as this match has been too much presented as a show, I think Munster's main enemy are themselves, I hope they don't get get carried away and stick to simple things.

Comment

<DIV>we'll murderize them. If we don't have four tries by half time my faith in the team will be lost forever. </DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV>[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>
                              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Working...
                              X