• Show
Clear All

Munster squad for Bourgoin match

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table" ="std_newsartd">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD ="abstract">

Squad announced:

Munster coach Declan Kidney today named a 28 strong squad for Munster's Heineken Cup clash with Bourgoin in Geneva on Sunday.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ="article">Among those included are two try scorer from Newport last weekend Lifeimi Mafi and Jerry Flannery who returns to a Munster squad for the first time this season.

Jeremy Manning who injured a shoulder against The Dragons is also included as are Denis Leamy and Barry Murphy who both missed last weekend's game through illness.

Munster are expected to name their match day squad on Friday afternoon. They fly out for Geneva from Shannon Airport on Saturday morning.

Munster Squad: C Cullen, S Payne, J Kelly, M Lawlor, I Dowling, L Mafi. B Murphy, P Stringer, T O'Leary, J Manning, R O'Gara, E Hickey. F Pucciariello, T Buckley, J Hayes, M Horan, D Hurley, A Kyriacou, F Sheahan, J Flannery, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell, M O'Driscoll, C Wyatt, J Coughlan, D Wallace, D Leamy, A Foley.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

glad to see flannery back, frankie hasnt really been playing up to his standard

Comment

only staying one night, interesting
      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

no hoggie, wyatt still in the squad

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
          only staying one night, interesting

Yeah I thought that was odd as well.

Comment

So Mafi &amp; Murphy, Kelly &amp; Murphy or Mafi &amp; Kellyfor the centre ?

Cullen, Payne, Kellyor Lawler for theright wing?

Kyriacou or Flannery for the bench ?

Buckley, Hurley or Pucciariello for the bench ?

Comment

Expect they want to get back toprepare forLeicester game. Great to see fla back[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I'm new to the forum - what's the etiquette here ................ a polite Leinster forwards introduction, or wade in like The Bull??

Jerry will have to make the bench - and will feature for at least 30 minutes, where he'll lay claim to the #2 jersey for theTigers game!

Comment

Payne

Kelly, Dowling

Murphy, Mafi

ROG, Stringer

Wallace, Axel, Leamy

POC, DOC

Bull, Frankie, Horan

Subs, Freddie, Kyri, MOD, Coughlan, TOL, Manning, Lawlor
                  \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

It'll be good if foley can get another 80mins under his belt against bourgoin especially seeing as quinlan will be missing for tigers game and if flannery could get a run out as well then that would be a bonus.

What more could you ask for? Besides the win and BP of course...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry's Army

I'm new to the forum - what's the etiquette here ................ a polite Leinster forwards introduction, or wade in like The Bull??

Jerry will have to make the bench - and will feature for at least 30 minutes, where he'll lay claim to the #2 jersey for theTigers game!

Etiwhatnow? Wading in is the general form, though some like to open with some form of insulting broadside, get into a running argument with Point and get gradually absorbed and naturalised over time.

Don't know how soon they can throw Fla in, but I'd expect him to feature if really fit. He'd bring a lot if back for the tigers game.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

Etiwhatnow? Wading in is the general form, though some like to open with some form of insulting broadside, get into a running argument with Point and get gradually absorbed and naturalised over time.

Don't know how soon they can throw Fla in, but I'd expect him to feature if really fit. He'd bring a lot if back for the tigers game.

I've never been so insulted [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                          Originally posted by Balla Boy

I've never been so insulted [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

No insult intended Point. Youdo sterling work in bearing the slings and arrows of the odd internet village idiot that wanders through.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

cullen

dowling mafi murphy kelly

strings rog

wally foley leamy

poc doc

hayes frankie horan

fla, puc, mod, coughlan, tol, manning, payne

Comment

Great news on JF. I think Best is a fine hooker but Flannery is
                              a cut above imo. A great player who gives everything for 80odd and a
                              winner, I also think his a better thrower. Sheehan is now a poor player
                              that should no longer be in the national squad. Both Fogertys are
                              better and on form our current hooker is playing far better</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X