SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

John O'Sullivan and Trevor Halstead have been ruled out of consideration for selection for the Heineken Cup clash with Bourgoin after sustaining injuries in the game against Newport Gwent Dragons in Wales at the weekend.

O'Sullivan's injury (medial ligament) is the more serious in that he is expected to be out of action for six weeks while Halstead (calf strain) has not been ruled out of consideration for the final Pool game against Leicester Tigers on January 20th.

There was better news of Jeremy Manning however. The out-half retired in the 30th minute at Rodney Parade with a damaged shoulder but a scan revealed that he suffered nothing other than soft tissue damage and he remains hopeful of being available for the trip to Geneva.

Barry Murphy who missed the trip to Wales with a stomach bug was back training today to good effect. Jerry Flannery also took a full part and it remains to be seen how he comes through that but Denis Leamy, another cry-ff for the Dragons game, didn't train with the rest of the squad but that was purely precautionary and he is expected to be in the squad when coach Declan Kidney announces it after training on Wednesday.

"This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Halstead is a HUGE loss for Geneva where we`ll need a strong midfield defence-not sure if Mafi is ready.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toomey
      Halstead is a HUGE loss for Geneva where we`ll need a strong midfield defence-not sure if Mafi is ready.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Agreed but he would be a bigger loss against Leicester.I can live with him being out for the Bourgoin Game.
      \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

We still need to make sure in Bourgoin (Geneva) with BP God willing, not time to be taking foot off the gas
        Con Artist

Comment

Away bonus points are hard to come by, I wouldnt be too quick to expect one.

Comment

Originally posted by mullet is gone

True, but it could make a huge difference and take a bit of pressure of also
            Con Artist

Comment

I'd rather have Trev for Leicester if I had to pick. Huge loss though. People talking about away bonus points are getting way ahead of themselves. I'd settle for a 0-3 win.
              Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Originally posted by mullet is gone

I don't expect Bourgoin to turn up and my bet for next weekend will be along those lines. They are in third position in their own Championship and aren't likely to risk too many top players in a competion that's over for them. Remember their performance against Leinster 2 years ago. They managed to make Leinster look brilliant.
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Usually when players are in the regular gym in Limerick its a sign that their carrying knocks as they aren't training with the others. Paul O' Connell and David Wallace were both in today

Comment

Bad timing for John O'Sullivan. The best run of starts he's got and the possibility of making the HC22. Hope he's back quickly.
                    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Remember their performance against Leinster 2 years ago. They managed to make Leinster look brilliant.
                      What are you talking about 2 years ago while out of the competition they pushed leinster all the way to the wire and it took a moment of magic from BOD to beat them, then last year Leinster won.
                      Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Just hope that he has recovered in time for the Leicester we will need him. Any news on David Wallace's shoulder?
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

4 points at the most-its a showcase event and they will turn up-no doubts
                          If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by daveirl
                            Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Remember their performance against Leinster 2 years ago. They managed to make Leinster look brilliant.
                            What
                            are you talking about 2 years ago while out of the competition they
                            pushed leinster all the way to the wire and it took a moment of magic
                            from BOD to beat them, then last year Leinster won.
                            You are both right, they were hopeless in dublin and got slaughtered to
                            the tune of 92 points and got so much grief over it that they turned up
                            the second day and could have taken a draw in the last minute with a
                            pen but went for the corner instead.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Very hard to call what way burgoin will approach the game. Should they decide to turn up and have a go then the loss of halstead could be a major problem. I'd still expect munster to win but a bonus point could be stretching it. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X