The Ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ball

Just wondering over the New Year reading the Munster books i got for Christmas. Does anyone know where the ball Strings booted into touch at the final whistle against Biarritz, ended up. Not trying to start a 1966 thing here but just wondering if it ended up in the arms of a Munster supporter or not
    \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
    \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

I have it in a glass case at home [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Only joking, interesting question though!!

Comment

I take it nobody knows where it endd up s. Maybe it ended up with the Munsterbranch in some shape or form.
      \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
      \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

About twenty minutes after the final whistle we were under the first tier making our way through the maze that's the corporate hospitality areas and bars trying to get over to where the banners were hung.

There was two young lads with a matchday ball passing it between them. They must have only been eight or nine each. Mightn't have been THE ball, but it certainly was A matchday ball, in the stadium, under the right side of the ground at pretty much the right time.

No doubt someone has some photo somewhere from the tunnel side which could shed light on where it ended up when Strings stuck it in row Z.

Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

I have that ball. @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Picured on my camera.@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Working...
          X