Injuries from last Nite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injuries from last Nite

Just wondering is there any update on the injuries to Manning and Halstead and what is the story with Leamy and Barry Murphy

Any news on John O'Sullivan would be welcome also.
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

It was mentioned on one of the threads that O'Sullivan was seen on
      crutches after the game and is expected to be out for 6 weeks. Have to
      feel for the guy, he really stepped up in the last 3 games, and his going
      off was crucial last night. He seems to have had no luck with injuries
      since he returned from Connacht.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

The way Charvis fell on his knee was nasty, looked like he could have damaged ligaments. Very unfortunate alright as he was really standing up to be counted lately.
        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

<!-
          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
          var SymReal;

Sym()
          {
          window.open = SymWinOpen;
          if(SymReal != null)
          SymReal();
          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
          {
          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
          SymReal = window.;
          window. = Sym;
          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I think Manning will be fine...he went off with a worse injury at Rodney Parade last season and was back within a week.

Halstead was supposed to be on crutches last night but didn't see him myself. He did look in a lot of discomfort when he came off below us though. I'd say JOS will be out for a few weeks. Charvis fell on his leg and it looked very painful...

Comment

Yeah, tbh, I thought it would be much worse than 6 weeks, the way his
            leg went it looked like a season ending injury.

What happened Manning?
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

<!-
              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
              var SymReal;

Sym()
              {
              if(SymReal != null)
              SymReal();
              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
              {
              SymReal&#079;nLoad();
              SymReal = window.;
              window. = Sym;
              }

//->

The ususal problem...stuck his head out like a lighthouse when he went down to tackle one of the Dragons (think it was Brew)...head promptly met knee at full pelt...

Comment

Manning's injury looked to be as a result of getting his head on the wrong side in the tackle - again. Could be his shoulder, or his 'shoulder', but he usually heals up pretty quickly after these. Someone should really teach him how to tackle though, as we seriously can't afford to lose him with such frequency, we aren't exactly blessed with other options on the bench.

Should he not make it back for Geneva it will be interesting to see who DK puts on the bench as cover for Rog.

Comment

<!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

//->
                  Originally posted by CardiffMatt
                  The ususal problem...stuck his head out like a lighthouse when he went
                  down to tackle one of the Dragons (think it was Brew)...head promptly
                  met knee at full pelt...
                  Followed by bounced his head off the ground at a fair clip

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta

Should he not make it back for Geneva it will be interesting to see
                    who DK puts on the bench as cover for Rog.
                    Funny that Hickey by all accounts, took his points well in the Senior Cup
                    last week, Kidney couldn't have predicted he'd lose it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                      Originally posted by Jenta

Should he not make it back for Geneva it will be interesting to see
                      who DK puts on the bench as cover for Rog.

Funny that Hickey by all accounts, took his points well in the Senior Cup
                      last week, Kidney couldn't have predicted he'd lose it yesterday.

Ya, from what I heard he had a super game last weekend, but his confidence has got to be shot after last night, especially with the humiliation of being subbed on and off in the same game. Kidney's usual tactic when a player loses confidence is to send them back to club rugby for a while, like he did so effectively with Hoggy last season. But if Manning is gone for 2 or 3 weeks can we really face into HEC game with Brian O'Meara as cover at fly-half?

Comment

sorry lads I forgot about JOS and he was having a great game before the injury. I would be worried most by Halsteads injury as we might get away without him against Burgoin but he will definitely be needed against the Tigers the following week.I would say Manning will recover as he looked more shaken than anything else. On another note how did DK put that muppet Wyatt in at 6 ahead of James Coughlan.

Comment

Hickey just needs to work on his kicking/consistency. Remember the way Rog was 2 or 3 years ago ?

James Coughlan deserves a start.

Comment

Speaking of Coughlan, how do you pronouce his surname? Around
                            these parts it'd be Cocklen, but Newstalk and Setanta seem to think it's
                            Cawlan? Minor point but still.

He might well find himself starting next week, though I'd probably
                            favour MOD.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                              Speaking of Coughlan, how do you pronouce his surname? Around
                              these parts it'd be Cocklen, but Newstalk and Setanta seem to think it's
                              Cawlan? Minor point but still.

He might well find himself starting next week, though I'd probably
                              favour MOD.

Cawlan is the correct pronounciation.

Comment

Working...
                              X