Tony Buckley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Buckley

Thought he did quite well. Considering all the doom and gloom about him on this 'supporters' site over the last few days I was quite impressed.

Yeah, the scrum was pretty solid when he around, and the lineouts
    seemed to be going ok, didn't see enough of him in the loose, but my
    hands were over my eyes most it.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Yeah it wasnt great but sure what did we expect with that team out?

Buckley, Mafi, Horan, Foley, Cullen getting some game time was worth it alone. A glorified training is what it was really.

Comment

I must have been watching a different match. I thought he kept getting pushed backwards in the scrum and I can lean on a loose ruck as good as he can. He doesn't look fit and that was against a poor enough side.

Comment

I saw him struggling once in the scrum then I happened to notice Wyatt behind him scanning the horizon, half wandering around looking for a smoke. Cant believe Buckley is getting stick, Wyatt shouldnt be allowed back on the plane. Save everyone a lot pain and suffering.

Comment

Not convinced by Buckley but hard to judge from that team.

Comment

I wasn`t impressed with him..scrum seemed to go back on the TH side a fair bit in the first half..I agree he couldn`t be judged on 2nite but certainly didn`t think he did anything wonderful.

Comment

I dont think anyone is saying he was wonderful. Just not the disaster he was supposed to be. Actually if you think about it..our scrum was probably no better or worse then it usually is with the first choice lads. No great shakes really but not a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                  Wyatt shouldnt be allowed back on the plane. Save everyone a lot pain and suffering.

Aside from your dyson related posts, that is the only bit of sense you've managed.[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img] Keep it up.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Buckley made some good contributions with ball in hand. Made one charging run in second half that really shouldn have amouted to more. Jury's still out on his scrummaging (and considering a little while ago he and Roche got pummelled at AIL level I don't know that we should expect him to be great anyway) but given more game time he might fill the physical presence of the Bull. But then so would Ryan and McGovern.

Comment

BUCKLEY WAS GREAT FOR 50 MINUTES, BUT LACKING MATCH TIME AT ML LEVEL WORE HIM OUT.

IF HE GETS UP TO 90 MINUTES MATCH FITNESS, THEN HE CAN HE CAN BE A GREAT ASSET TO MUNSTER.
                      <!-
                      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                      var SymReal;

Sym()
                      {
                      window.open = SymWinOpen;
                      if(SymReal != null)
                      SymReal();
                      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                      {
                      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                      SymReal = window.;
                      window. = Sym;
                      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

No need to Shout,

Im sure he was great!!!!!
                        Shaqtastic...29 points

Comment

Buckley was fine, and did wear down as the game went on (but match time should move him on). Our obvious problem (apart from the ref) was Wyatt. Horan is way off in fitness. Thought both Foley and Cullen looked good in an otherwise poor showing. Mick O'Dric wasn't too bad either.

Comment

saw the first half and had to head off, couldnt believe it when i heard
                            the result. we looked more than comfy first half. what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by joeglum
                              saw the first half and had to head off, couldnt believe it when i heard
                              the result. we looked more than comfy first half. what happened?

They won....!

Made up from - dodgy try to Newport, we didn't convert our chances (mainly penalties), they kicked all theirs.Thought ref didn't do us any favours either.

Overall we lost our shape (&amp; kicking ability) when Manning had to go off. Newport didn't get better, we just fluffed it. Or you could say injuries ruined it for us. Halstead also went off injured and that left a hole in our midfield (&amp; a potential headache for the next 2 w-ends).

Comment

Working...
                              X