Harrison, 4 - Ian Gough, 5 - Luke Charteris / Peter Sidoli, 6
    - Colin Charvis, 7 - Jamie Ringer, 8 - Michael Owen

Replacements: 16 - Kieran Crawford, 17 - Dai
    Maddocks, 18 - Andrew Hall, 19 - Nic Fitisemanu, 20 - Gareth
    Chapman, 21 - Mike Hercus, 22 - Alex Walker

Good grief, O'Leary at scrumhalf, untested second row, a full front 5
    unused to playing together, Horgan back, no Payne, that is a horrible
    team.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Looks weak, seriously

Comment

21 - Eoghan Hickey, 22 - Trevor Halstead,

Comment

Jesus, Leamy at openside??? Has it happened before??? I'm delighted for Donncha Ryan, I'd be very surprised if he lets us down. POC is there to come on and shore things up if needs be I suspect. I'd tend to agree WRT Payne. TOL has played well at wing for us this season so maybe he can take a bit of that form to half-back with him. Horan, Kyriacou, Buckley. I'm worried

Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

While I'm glad to see Buckley given a chance, surely playing himself
            and Andy K would have demanded also playing our strongest
            secondrow combination? What's happened Hurley? What did O'Meara do
            to Kidney?
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Tomás at scrum half and manning at 10? FFS wot a recipe for disaster

dragons by 10

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

well i think its a great chance for the fringe fellahs to show their stuff.buckley,and ryan have a great chance to impress.tough call for shannon though
                g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
                  Jesus, Leamy at openside??? Has it happened before??? I'm delighted for Donncha Ryan, I'd be very surprised if he lets us down. POC is there to come on and shore things up if needs be I suspect. I'd tend to agree WRT Payne. TOL has played well at wing for us this season so maybe he can take a bit of that form to half-back with him. Horan, Kyriacou, Buckley. I'm worried
                  Leamy spent most of the 2004/05 season at openside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
                    Jesus, Leamy at openside??? Has it happened
                    before??? I'm delighted for Donncha Ryan, I'd be very surprised if he
                    lets us down. POC is there to come on and shore things up if needs be I
                    suspect. I'd tend to agree WRT Payne. TOL has played well at wing for
                    us this season so maybe he can take a bit of that form to half-back with
                    him. Horan, Kyriacou, Buckley. I'm worried
                    Leamy played at 7 against Italy in the 6n's in 2005 I think, he's got a
                    few Munster caps there as well, when Wallace was injured/dropped?

Comment

Munster Team: 1 - Marcus Horan, 2 - Andy Kyriacou, 3 - Tony Buckley, 4 - Donnacha Ryan, 5 - Mick O'Driscoll, 6 - John O'Sullivan, 7 - Denis Leamy, 8 - Anthony Foley (captain), 9 - Tomas O'Leary, 10 - Jeremy Manning, 11 - Ian Dowling, 12 - Lifeimi Mafi, 13 - Barry Murphy, 14 - Anthony Horgan, 15 - Christian Cullen

Joey, I wouldn't panic quite as much as that. Front row is solid enough, although I'm still not convinced Buckley is up to level we require. Good to see McGovern there on the bench. Ryan is highly thought of and has been around the squad for couple of seasons now, I don't have too many worries. Back row is very solid and that's the area that tends to win games. Lineout is still good enough. I wouldn't have too many issues about the backs either.

EXCEPT - I really have concerns about the TOL-Manning partnership. I've seen both of them look better alongside someone else. For whatever reason this partnership doesn't seem to have gelled so that worries me cos the other area that is going to decide the game is half backs.

Comment

We have to continue mixing things up enough to a) give the younger guys their chance with the 6N coming upb) protect ourselves fromoverworking our first string (nasty phrase) players and c) remain competitive in the Magners League, which has certainly not gone beyond our reach. I thinkthis team is a good stab at that, although the O'Leary/Manning partnership has not impressed me so far.
                        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer

I really have concerns about the TOL-Manning partnership.* I've seen
                          both of them look better alongside someone else.* For whatever reason
                          this partnership doesn't seem to have gelled so that worries me cos the
                          other area that is going to decide the game is half backs.
                          Very hard for a partnership to gel when the scrumhalf insists on passing
                          a foot above his outhalf's head.

Comment

Hopefully TOL and Manning have being training well together and so DK is giving them a well deserved chance. DK is not thick so hopefully this game will change all our opinions on this pair. (Or am I being very, very optimistic? )
                            We made a balls of it, and that's something we've got to live with: Ronan O'Gara. (losing home HC record v Leicester)

Look at soccer. If you get tackled, you pretend you are half dead. If you get punched in the face in rugby, you try to pretend nothing happened. (Paul O'Connell)

Comment

Couldnt care less about the result of the game.Theseguys have very little recent gametime, Marcus Horan, Mick O'Driscoll, Anthony Foleyand these guysare getting a very rareoppurtunity to put themselves into contention,Kyriacou, Tony Buckley, Donnacha Ryan, TOL, Manning, Mafi, Cullen.

On top of that a lot of our first choice guys who havea lot of gametime under their belt are getting much needed rest. How bad.
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X