Replacements

16. Kieran Crawford
    17. Dai Maddocks
    18. Andrew Hall
    19. Nic Fitisemanu
    20. Gareth Chapman
    21. Mike Hercus
    22. Alex Walker

That does not look weak. Three lions starting. And by my count 11 welsh internationals in the first 15.
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Sweeney injured in the first 5 minutes...Circus on...bonus point in the bag by the half hour.

Easy really.

Comment

Yeah, their bench wouldnt terrify me.
        Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Strong back row. Was it Ringer that danced all over us at RP in the CL last year?
          Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

I think so, dirty enough player,its a good side. Not sure about the front row and the centres though. Matt?

Comment

They can't be that bad, Mike Hercus can't even get on that team !

Comment

They have a bit of a front row crisis so not too sure about Daly. Black has played for them for a while and is ok.

Emerick is a Yank...played fullback for Parma last year and scored the try that sent the Dragons into the Biro Cup. Then promptly signed for them !

Comment

Originally posted by CardiffMatt

Emerick is a Yank...played fullback for Parma last year and scored the try that sent the Dragons into the Biro Cup. Then promptly signed for them !

And seemed a good player, well for what was out on that pitch on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiffMatt

They have a bit of a front row crisis so not too sure about Daly. Black has played for them for a while and is ok.

Emerick is a Yank...played fullback for Parma last year and scored
                    the try that sent the Dragons into the Biro Cup. Then promptly signed
                    for them !
                    So the fact that our front row is a bit of a mish mash, isnt too bad.
                    Second row we should be on top with POC and MOD but failing that close
                    to parity. Backrow slight advantage dragons. Half back strong
                    advantage dragons. Outside backs possibly munster.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ng_drago ns/6228973.stm

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629><T>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD colSpan=3>
                      <DIV ="mxb">
                      <DIV ="sh">Dragons seek end to Sweeney doubt </DIV></DIV></TD></TR>
                      <TR>
                      <TD vAlign=top width=416><!- S BO -><!- S IIMA ->
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right><T>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD>
                      <DIV>
                      <DIV ="cap">Turner believes Sweeney is waiting for offers from other clubs</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE><!- E IIMA -><!- S SF ->Newport Gwent Dragons coach Paul Turner has urged fly-half Ceri Sweeney to end the speculation surrounding his future.

Wales international Sweeney, 26, is out of contract in May, and has been linked with a move away from Rodney Parade.

Turner told BBC Wales Sport: "We've made him an offer to stay because he's a guy we want to build our side around.

"We are waiting for his answer. We want to know as soon as possible if he wants to look for pastures new so that we can look for an adequate replacement." <!- E SF ->

Fellow Wales back Kevin Morgan pledged his future to the region before Christmas by signing a new contract extension to stay at the region for the next two seasons.

Flanker Jamie Ringer and props Adam Black and Rhys Thomas, who were also out of contract at the end of the season, signed similar deals.

<!- S I ->
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right><T>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD width=5></TD>
                      <TD ="sibStdQuote">
                      <DIV>
                      <DIV ="mva">
                      <DIV id=q1></DIV>We've made a our offer and his agent has said they will be back to us
                      <DIV id=q2></DIV><BR clear=all></DIV></DIV>
                      <DIV ="mva">
                      <DIV ="mva">Dragons coach Paul Turner</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE><!- E I ->

The Dragons are waiting to hear from seven other players, including Wales scrum-half Gareth Cooper and lock Ian Gough, after offering them new contract extensions.

Sweeney is currently behind Stephen Jones, Gavin Henson and James Hook in the reckoning for the Wales fly-half jersey and the inside centre role.

But Turner hopes Sweeney's ambitions to play for Wales will ensure he delivers some outstanding performances for the Dragons from now until the end of the season.

"I've told Ceri that for him to get in ahead of James Hook, Stephen Jones and Gavin Henson and make the World Cup squad, then he's got to stand up and be counted," Turner said.

"It's not just the selection of this [Dragons] side with me and the whole of the Rodney Parade crowd that's watching, it's everybody in Welsh rugby.

"He's got to put the Sweeney stamp on most of our performances.

"But we've made our offer and his agent has said they will be back to us and so we're waiting.

"I suppose he's also waiting, because that's the game in this business at the moment." </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor

So the fact that our front row is a bit of a mish mash, isnt too bad.
                        Second row we should be on top with POC and MOD but failing that close
                        to parity. Backrow slight advantage dragons. Half back strong
                        advantage dragons. Outside backs possibly munster.

I'll be stunned if POC starts if MOD is fit. DK seems to have some sort of voodoo-like faith in Chris Wyatt while Donnacha Ryan (what age is he now??) is scratching his backside. It could well be a MOD-Wyatt combo. That's not one to fill the heart with glee...

MOD's a great player but
                        a) he's only back from injury
                        b) he's not had much gametime this year by virtue of being a pre-season tacklebag

Comment

Sweet mother, I feel sorry for the Dragons when the height of their ambition is to hold on to Ceri Sweeney ! [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                            Sweet mother, I feel sorry for the Dragons when the height of their ambition is to hold on to Ceri Sweeney ! [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                            Don't laugh, they could well beat us out the gate with that side. I'm really worried about our competitivenes at the breakdown not being up to scratch.

But for the sake of it

Looks weak...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
                              Originally posted by Point
                              Don't laugh, they could well beat us out the gate with that side. I'm really worried about our competitivenes at the breakdown not being up to scratch.

But for the sake of it

Looks weak...

I'm talking in general terms.

Comment

Working...
                              X