BBC

<div ="mxb">
    <div ="sh">
    Dragons v Munster (Fri)
    </div>
    </div>

<!- S BO ->
    <!- S IIMA ->

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200">
    <t><tr><td>
    <div>

</div>
    </td></tr>
    </t></table>

<!- E IIMA ->

Rodney Parade, Newport

Friday, 5 January

Kick-off: 1910 GMT

*Live on BBC Two Wales, 2W &amp; online

<!- S ILIN ->

</font><div ="arr">
    Coverage details
    </font></div>

<!- E ILIN ->

</font>

<!- S SF ->
    Newport Gwent Dragons face extra front row worries ahead of the Magners League visit of Munster to Rodney Parade.
    </font>

Coach Paul Turner delayed naming his front row for the
    12-6 defeat at the Ospreys until the last minute because of injury
    concerns.
    </font>

Promising teenage tight-head prop Jamie Corsi limped off early in the game and will be monitored this week.
    </font>

Prop Rhys Thomas and hooker Steve Jones are long-term injuries for the Dragons, along with outside-half Craig Warlow.
    <!- E SF ->
    </font>

<!- S I ->
    <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208">
    <t><tr>
    <td width="5"></td>
    <td ="sibtbgf">

<div ="sihf">
    LAST SEASON'S LEAGUE MEETINGS
    </div>

<div ="mva">28 January:
    </div>

<div ="miiib">

<!- S ILIN ->

<div ="arry">
    Munster 10-8 Dragons
    </div>

<!- E ILIN ->

</div>

<div ="mva">7 April:
    </div>

<div ="miiib">

<!- S ILIN ->

<div ="arry">
    Dragons 23-17 Munster
    </div>

<!- E ILIN ->

</div>

</td>
    </tr>
    </t></table>

<!- E I ->

</font>

Nathan Brew (ankle), Richard Fussell (hamstring), James
    Ireland (hamstring), Aled Thomas (knee), Matt Jess (broken leg) and
    Bryn Griffiths (loaned to Cross Keys) are also sidelined.
    </font>

"You've got to feel for the players," said Turner after the Ospreys loss.
    </font>

"It was howling, gale-force conditions, so you've got to take your hat off to them.
    </font>

"I thought we probably deserved a little more than we got."
    </font>

The Dragons won last year's league fixture at Rodney
    Parade, but lost in Munster and suffered bruising defeats in two
    Heineken Cup games with the European champions.
    </font>

They didn't look great yesterday from what I saw
    Is it only a game?
    And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Who's going, apart from me, that is?
      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin)
        Who's going, apart from me, that is?
        Me and thebrother. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Hope Not Hate

Comment

I'll be there too with a friend from work

Comment

Would it be sarcastic of me to say, the Munster squad plus management and some fans and some standby players[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I bet Newport Matt will be there!
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

he did say somewhere on the site he'd be there, thinks hes working at it

Comment

Will he bethe Munsterfan on the BBC Wales interactive service again? Pity we can't get that in Ireland.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

http://www.rugby.ie/news/story.asp?j=13237

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Sheahan relishes return to action@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">
                    @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>02/01/2007@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>A NUMBER of front line Munster, Ulster and Leinster players would dearly love a short break from competitive rugby right now.

They've
                    been through a whole series of big matches, the November internationals
                    and the Heineken Cup in December followed immediately by an intensive
                    programme of Magners League matches.

That is why Declan Kidney
                    rested so many key men against Connacht on New Year's Eve before
                    introducing a quartet of stars at the start of the second half that
                    turned the game in his side's favour. In the thick of it from start to
                    finish, however, was Frankie Sheahan and he has his own good reasons
                    for not wanting to miss a single second of the action.

"It's
                    tough for other guys but for me it's a piece of cake," he says with a
                    wide grin. "You must remember that this time last year, I was sitting
                    on the sidelines and wondering if I'd ever play again. Now I'm hungry
                    as hell for rugby and I hope I'm playing again the next day."

He'll
                    have that opportunity on Friday night next when Munster take on the
                    Newport Welsh Dragons at Rodney Parade in front of the Setanta Sports
                    cameras. It represents Munster's third game in nine days and Kidney
                    acknowledges that he'll have to indulge once again in a "mix and match"
                    operation as best he can.

His hands are also tied by the
                    absence of long-term injury victims Anthony Foley, Jerry Flannery, Mick
                    O'Driscoll, Anthony Horgan and Marcus Horan and the suspension of Alan
                    Quinlan, whose appeal against the ERC ban will be heard tomorrow.

Kidney
                    strongly defended the starting line-up he fielded in Galway, pointing
                    out that: "Everybody wants to see the younger fellows get a go and I
                    thought they did well in the first half. That match in lots of ways was
                    a bit of a lottery because of the weather conditions. I have no
                    regrets. The same team can't play week in, week out."

Sunday's
                    result has pushed Munster six points ahead of Connacht in the league
                    table with a game in hand and they now look a good bet to clinch the
                    third Heineken Cup place for next season, leaving Michael Bradley's men
                    intent on pipping the Dragons and Borders for a play-off place. Kidney
                    allows that: "It doesn't mean we have qualified for Europe but we have
                    taken a lot of steps in the right direction."

He was
                    particularly pleased with the performances in Galway of Tomas O'Leary,
                    Christian Cullen, James Coughlan and John O'Sullivan, while also
                    picking out the likes of Sheahan and Donncha O'Callaghan for the way
                    they performed in their second full match in five days. However, he
                    added that asking them to play three matches in 10 days was another
                    matter.

"That
                    wouldn't be right for a fellow's career at this stage of the season,
                    especially for guys going on to play in the Six Nations," he said.

"We'll
                    see who turns up on Tuesday in the best possible condition. We're
                    training in tough conditions and playing in tough conditions and that
                    has an effect on people's health. We must keep them healthy as well as
                    keep them fit. Of the injured players, Anthony Foley probably has the
                    best chance of being available on Friday. Jerry Flannery is over his
                    shoulder trouble but has now picked up a hamstring strain and Marcus
                    Horan and Mick O'Driscoll may have to wait another couple of weeks."

There
                    was a remarkable contrast between Munster's first half performance in
                    Galway and what happened once Paul O'Connell, John Hayes, Ronan O'Gara
                    and Trevor Halstead were brought into the fray.

Sheahan pointed
                    out: "There were a lot of new combinations and new guys coming in.
                    Sometimes it's easie

Comment

[QUOTE=Drick]
                      http://www.rugby.ie/news/story.asp?j=13237

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Sheahan relishes return to action@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">
                      @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>02/01/2007@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>A NUMBER of front line Munster, Ulster and Leinster players would dearly love a short break from competitive rugby right now.

They've
                      been through a whole series of big matches, the November internationals
                      and the Heineken Cup in December followed immediately by an intensive
                      programme of Magners League matches.

That is why Declan Kidney
                      rested so many key men against Connacht on New Year's Eve before
                      introducing a quartet of stars at the start of the second half that
                      turned the game in his side's favour. In the thick of it from start to
                      finish, however, was Frankie Sheahan and he has his own good reasons
                      for not wanting to miss a single second of the action.

"It's
                      tough for other guys but for me it's a piece of cake," he says with a
                      wide grin. "You must remember that this time last year, I was sitting
                      on the sidelines and wondering if I'd ever play again. Now I'm hungry
                      as hell for rugby and I hope I'm playing again the next day."

He'll
                      have that opportunity on Friday night next when Munster take on the
                      Newport Welsh Dragons at Rodney Parade in front of the Setanta Sports
                      cameras. It represents Munster's third game in nine days and Kidney
                      acknowledges that he'll have to indulge once again in a "mix and match"
                      operation as best he can.

His hands are also tied by the
                      absence of long-term injury victims Anthony Foley, Jerry Flannery, Mick
                      O'Driscoll, Anthony Horgan and Marcus Horan and the suspension of Alan
                      Quinlan, whose appeal against the ERC ban will be heard tomorrow.

Kidney
                      strongly defended the starting line-up he fielded in Galway, pointing
                      out that: "Everybody wants to see the younger fellows get a go and I
                      thought they did well in the first half. That match in lots of ways was
                      a bit of a lottery because of the weather conditions. I have no
                      regrets. The same team can't play week in, week out."

Sunday's
                      result has pushed Munster six points ahead of Connacht in the league
                      table with a game in hand and they now look a good bet to clinch the
                      third Heineken Cup place for next season, leaving Michael Bradley's men
                      intent on pipping the Dragons and Borders for a play-off place. Kidney
                      allows that: "It doesn't mean we have qualified for Europe but we have
                      taken a lot of steps in the right direction."

He was
                      particularly pleased with the performances in Galway of Tomas O'Leary,
                      Christian Cullen, James Coughlan and John O'Sullivan, while also
                      picking out the likes of Sheahan and Donncha O'Callaghan for the way
                      they performed in their second full match in five days. However, he
                      added that asking them to play three matches in 10 days was another
                      matter.

"That
                      wouldn't be right for a fellow's career at this stage of the season,
                      especially for guys going on to play in the Six Nations," he said.

"We'll
                      see who turns up on Tuesday in the best possible condition. We're
                      training in tough conditions and playing in tough conditions and that
                      has an effect on people's health. We must keep them healthy as well as
                      keep them fit. Of the injured players, Anthony Foley probably has the
                      best chance of being available on Friday. Jerry Flannery is over his
                      shoulder trouble but has now picked up a hamstring strain and Marcus
                      Horan and Mick O'Driscoll may have to wait another couple of weeks."

There
                      was a remarkable contrast between Munster's first half performance in
                      Galway and what happened once Paul O'Connell, John Hayes, Ronan O'Gara
                      and Trevor Halstead were brought into the fray.

Sheahan pointed
                      out: "There were a lot of new combinations and new guys coming in.
                      Somet
                      To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

I like the way he was pleased with JOS. My opinion too. Did what he had to do. ROG should've kept his mouth shut.

Was hoping Fla would've been back for this 1 tho.

Scarlets only have 3 games on Connacht because their match was called off in the fog.

Tiring the opposition out is a very risky strategy. Ok it works in the wet, but we still need to put in a few decent performances in preparation for the latter stages &amp; drier pitches of the HEC.

Comment

we were crap in the first half toyman and if connacht had had our backroom staff instilling some common sense into players for even a few hours before that game they would have been 15 points up after 40mins. However the weather conditions were seriously bad, notwithstanding that-we have to improve
                          If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

I know we were crap in the first half. That's what I'm referring to as a risky strategy. Putting the young guns out there to try &amp; run the opposition down, then subbing most of em with the experienced guys. I can see how itcan &amp; didwork in the conditions, but itcan't become a long term strategy. It's a strategy that stops the development of a team &amp; is too easy for other teams to counteract.

Comment

No point in reading too much into the Connacht game/performance. Almost impossible to play in those conditions. We got a result, lost nobody to injury; I'd take that any day. We're also missing a rake of guys (Axle, MoD, Fla, Horan, Hoggy, etc, etc). That was our 2nd hard game in a few days. We've come on a long way from the start of the season.

My question here - are we becoming too critical of the lads/performances?

Comment

Working...
                              X