JOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOS

Just wondering what people thought of him yesterday?

It was his 1st real chance with a full strength team and I thought he didnt look out of place at all....Prior to the game, I would have like to Coughlan play 8 and Leamy moved, but thought JOS did really well. We have serious depth in the backrow when you consider that other guy we signed isnt near the team at the moment.....

Seas suas agus troid!

He did very well imho. Was very fired up beforehand.

Comment

Great to hear this because on the commentary yesterday he was hardly mentioned.
      Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

JOS looked fine yesterday. When the internationals come back during the season, it's really difficult for fringe players to get a run of games. Foley and Quinlan missing have opened this particular door for JOS, so good luck to him.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

\thought he did well yesterday. Waasn't afraid to get stuck in.
          Biffo ate my future.

Comment

Chances like that are few and far between, soit was good to see him step up. Wasn't mentioned a great deal in the commentary, but did a good deal of work, few mistakes etc. Fine and solid.
            For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Delighted to see the Tralee man get his second start. Seemed to do well for himself. Hassled well in the lineout &amp; seemed to be always around at the breakdown. No major mistakes. Put himself in contention while the regulars are out of action.

Comment

I think he "Carpe"ed the "Diem" very well indeed!

Hope to see him on the pitch again in Galway and at Newport.
                PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by toyman
                  Delighted to see the Tralee man get his second start. Seemed to do well for himself. Hassled well in the lineout &amp; seemed to be always around at the breakdown. No major mistakes. Put himself in contention while the regulars are out of action.

Also took any throws that were called on him. Good performance all round. But don't just take my word for it:

From "The Other Place"

The Munster captain paid special tribute to his colleague John O’Sullivan, “It’s very hard to sit there in the background year on year and not get your chance. Then when you get your chance you get it in a depleted Magners League team. Obviously its great for a lad to get a chance with the full team and I think John did very well.

“I think some guys drop the head when they don’t make it through and John probably rates himself highly enough that he’s kept at it, kept showing up for training full of beans, full of energy. It’s paid off. All the players were delighted for him
                  The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Guinness Drinker reading D'Echo. WTF.

Good articles though.

(Cork Ed. P48,49 &amp; Back 28/12/06)

Comment

To be fair JOS had a big rep coming from Connacht as a very good ball playing 8. The Leinster game was as good as a performance as I've seen from him since his move home. He's got another few games to build upon that performance. Playing against his former team should bring the best out of him, pity that wasn't true for a certain second row.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

What a disaster for JOS against Dragons. I thought he was playing very well when he got injured even though he was at OS. He`s done enough in the last few weeks to show he`ll be an asset to the squad for coming seasons imo.

Comment

As TWIB says, he came back from Connacht highly rated. In fact at that stage he was talked of as international potential. He's quick, agile, mobile, genuine option in all 3 positions, lineout option, good hands. In fact he's got the full package and considering his age he will continue to play well for us for some time to come. Considering both Foley and Quinlan are into their 30s I reckon JOS is making a run at the right time. His versatility could see him leapfrog Foley now.

Comment

What age is he EO?

Comment

Interesting question if Foley is a Clare man really, JOS from Kerry and Leamy from Tipp (and Wyatt as his replacement is Welsh) is that the first Munster back row in a long time with no Limerick/Cork man present?

Comment

Working...
                              X