X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomond Park Shame

The booing of Felipe Contepomi, one of the worlds best players every
    time he got the ball was disgracful. Nothing short of yobbish behaviour
    and be the sounds of it, it was done by a large portion of the crowd.
    Munster fans need to cop themselves on and start trying to live up to
    all their self promotion

I heard no such booing from where I was standing ep., nor did I hear anyone complaining about booing where I was, so obviously no one else around my area heard it either,therefore I conclude it must have been a very small portion of the crowd that did it. If it did happen it was wrong.

Comment

A crazy decision to bring him on - absolutely crazy - the game was over by then and it was bound to get the Munster crowd going.

It could cost Leinster their HEC seasonif he has made the injuryworse.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

A crazy decision to bring him on - absolutely crazy - the game was over by then and it was bound to get the Munster crowd going.

It could cost Leinster their HEC seasonif he has made the injuryworse.
        Agreed OD. He is not match fit. His knee buckled in the first tackle he was in and he was limping thereafter. Very foolish imo.

Comment

I did'nt hear anything on the coverage and as OD says it was theworst decision to bring him on at that stageseemeda bit desperateandhe does not look like he has recovered yet from the injury.There was at least one tackle where he was wincing with pain.
          \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Ahoy there Lazarus - why aren't you in Dolans? And you Corker?
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Booing Epaddy? Did not hear that. Amazed they risked Felipe Contepomi[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]First contact and he was limping.
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
                Why would Leintser be worried about Dr Mercenary anyway. Hope he likes life in france.

Where was Hopalong today Laz? On the bench - or is he injured again?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Ahoy there Lazarus - why aren't you in Dolans? And you Corker?

If I go in now I'll have a late one. Going to vist the folks in the real capital tomorrow morning so need to be in form.

Comment

If he goes he goes and life will go on. If he stays I'll be pleased.

How can he hold Leinster to ransom when the IRFU give out the contracts?

(By the way, hopalong wasn't on the bench according to the ML site)

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                      The booing of Felipe Contepomi, one of the worlds best players every time he got the ball was disgracful. Nothing short of yobbish behaviour and be the sounds of it, it was done by a large portion of the crowd. Munster fans need to cop themselves on and start trying to live up to all their self promotion

Is that why he scampered off to the dressing rooms without shaking hands with the opposition? He shook hands with the ref, one of the TJs and Frankie then legged it. Poor form from one of the worlds best players.

Comment

Unfortunately, there was some booing which is a disgrace. I could clearly hear it on the TV coverage. Seemed to be fairly confined but still shouldn't happen.

What was Cheika thinking to bringContepomi on/keep him on anyway? Sexton was getting a good run and there was no way Leinster were getting back in the game. Very foolish decision making by the coaching team. The Leinster doc looked worried.
                        "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

<!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->There was some booing when Contepomi came on. I could hear it on the East Terrace where I was. It wasn't sustained, but it was there.

I imagine it is related to Felipe's perceived arrogance at the RDS last year, and a later newspaper interview that I can't recall too well.

I don't agree with booing like this, and I hope it won't continue, but it should be balanced with the generous round of applause for Dempsey when he was taken off.

<!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

During the warm up somebody kicked a ball to him low down on his right side and he had to let it go,clearly he is not right makes you wonder who is running the show ??

Comment

Heard no booing at all. A figment of somebody's overworked imagination.
                              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X