stand up and fight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stand up and fight

does anyone know where i can get the stand up and fight mp3 because the munster rugby website used have it but it is no longer there can anyone help

Originally posted by conor mulcahy
    does anyone know where i can get the stand up and fight mp3 because the munster rugby website used have it but it is no longer there can anyone help

http://www.houseofharry.com/bm/

Comment

Derek Moloney was superb on Saturday, its such a shame that the sound system was a complete disaster....how he managed to continue signing is beyond me.

Comment

Much better than the Fivers at the last match

Comment

I think they should get in the MRSC Choir for the Leicester match, lead by Brian O Brian naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

Derek Moloney was superb on Saturday, its such a shame that the sound system was a complete disaster....how he managed to continue signing is beyond me.

I think the problem with the system is that he walked almost to the centre of the field and then turned to the East Tce., there seems to be a problem when this is tried. If I remember right some time back Jon Kenny did this as well and the sound was poor.

Despite this it was great intro by Derek -he had headphones on so may not have aware of the loss of sound on the PA.

Comment

I'm sure the choir would love missing their normal spots on the terrace ! [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
              Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac

I think the problem with the system is that he walked almost to the centre of the field and then turned to the East Tce., there seems to be a problem when this is tried. If I remember right some time back Jon Kenny did this as well and the sound was poor.

Despite this it was great intro by Derek -he had headphones on so may not have aware of the loss of sound on the PA.

The real problem is that these tannoys are only meant for PA announcements, not for music/singing. Munster Rugby are too tight to spend the money on a decent system. There is an issue with vandalism but it is possible to hire the good gear for these occasions (as they did for a CL match in MP a couple of years ago and the difference was stunning). I feel sorry for the singers in having to put up with this rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                  Originally posted by Paddy Whac

The real problem is that these tannoys are only meant for PA announcements, not for music/singing. Munster Rugby are too tight to spend the money on a decent system. There is an issue with vandalism but it is possible to hire the good gear for these occasions (as they did for a CL match in MP a couple of years ago and the difference was stunning). I feel sorry for the singers in having to put up with this rubbish.

Aha, a topic on which I can speak with some real knowledge.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

A good p.a. that will cover the entire stadium to a level that will be clean and clearly audible is not cheap. Between equipment (I would have thought at least 20,000 watts of speakers and amplifiers, desks and effects), power generation (if not run from the house power), {it normally wouldn't be cos tis easier to have power at the pa stacks and the power in most venues unless specifically designed to have it (at least one source of 3 phase 63 amps per phase, clean with no other supplies tapping out of it) ain't up to the job, and no the flood light power can't be tapped for the pa. No self repecting pa man will take sound power from the lampies (cultural differences i.e. they are nancyboys that take far too many illict substances without sharing [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img], and if there is a problem with the voltage the lights will stay on if a bit dim, but it can really f**k up amplifiers}, manpower (engineers, techies, humpers)security, and other things like logistics, a reasonable figure would be about €3000 and even then I feel I am underestimating it.

The in-house tannoy is already there. Of course it is going to be s**te. Messages for lights on in cars and lost children are all it was ever designed for. It was designed as a low power squawk box but it is cheaper than a proper p.a. and it will just about allow an attempt at something noisier
                  \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                  P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Forgot to include that you will also need a really decent radio mic system and the amount of actual space taken up by the stacks could cause sight line problems
                    \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                    P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Hey,

Anyone got a better version of SUAF? I had one before (a MF member sent it to me), but since moving jobs and dropping my phone into the pond, I have lost it. The one on House of Harry is ok, but a bit to operatic. I know there is a least on better version out there somewhere!!

Cheers,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkieM

Hey,

Anyone got a better version of SUAF? I had one before (a MF member sent it to me), but since moving jobs and dropping my phone into the pond, I have lost it. The one on House of Harry is ok, but a bit to operatic. I know there is a least on better version out there somewhere!!

Cheers,

Mark

Try here for partial rendition

Edit:link adjusted and corrected

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams, this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. But maddest of all -- to see life as it is, and not as it should be!"

Comment

I also would love to download the song but ive tried both those links and they aint working ?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                          What sets them apart from the rest is that you cannot divorce the team from the crowd. They are as one and the support of an entire province is the catalyst that energises them and the team feed off the red roars.
                          - Ieuan Evans, Sunday Telegraph
                          25 May 2008

Comment

Conor and whoever else that is looking or SUAF.i tunes i downloaded it onto my i pod a while back.Just type in stand up and fight on the search engine on thwe i tunes home page
                            Grow the club to 10000 full members and theyll all have heineken cup tickets.....yeadh right lying b******s

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney
                              Conor and whoever else that is looking or SUAF.i tunes i downloaded it onto my i pod a while back.Just type in stand up and fight on the search engine on thwe i tunes home page

Good man mahoney . Got it there !!! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                              What sets them apart from the rest is that you cannot divorce the team from the crowd. They are as one and the support of an entire province is the catalyst that energises them and the team feed off the red roars.
                              - Ieuan Evans, Sunday Telegraph
                              25 May 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X