"Ryanair are Munsters unofficial airline"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ryanair are Munsters unofficial airline"

So said Michael O'Leary on Today FM this morning. He said he was in Cardiff in May and it was the highlight of the sporting year for him outside of winning the Gold cup.

He then went on to say that Ryanair are almost Munsters unofficial airline, everywhere we play he puts on extra flights for us.

What does the forum think of his comments?

He might put on extra flights but he also raises the flight cost pretty sharpish to![img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Without low cost airlines the Heineken Cup would not have been the success it has been.

Comment

A bit rich, but sure what would you expect from O'Leary. Extra flights may have been put on, but at an average cost of €200 per passenger Mick made a few quid.

Also all that horse manure about "free flights" when we beat Leinster, and the ensuing publicity- great if you are a one legged leper who can whistle dixie and fly on a Tuesday morning at 6.40 to Nowhereville, but not much use to the average punter.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom
          Without low cost airlines the Heineken Cup would not have been the success it has been.

I've got to agree.

I've used them quite a few times and they've always been reliable and on time.

p.s. Perhaps some forward thinking "markeshing" type from the Munster
          Branch should formalise this relationship and apoproach them with a
          view of making them the official airline? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ryanair are fine if you support Stade or Cardiff but for Munster there are so many people trying to get out of Shannon and Cork you need to be very early to get the deals.

Is there anyway the branch could approach Ryanair about operating Charters and involving them in sponsoring Munster, seen as O'Leary is such a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

Originally posted by Max Headroom

I've got to agree.

I've used them quite a few times and they've always been reliable and on time.

p.s. Perhaps some forward thinking "markeshing" type from the Munster
              Branch should formalise this relationship and apoproach them with a
              view of making them the official airline? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              Ideally with a small side agreement of a max price for all Munster flights of €130

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Something like that.

If Ryanair got say €100 per passenger on a fixed price semi charter I reckon they'd be happy, and so would we.

They could just keep shovelling more and more planes on from SNN CRK and DUB according to demand.

Comment

I am getting well pissed off with Ryanair. I claimed a "flight credit" as a flight time was changed so much that I wouldmiss a connection. Flight credits will be processed within 7 working days says their e-mail. aFter 2 weeks I contacted the customer service desk and they said "oh yes, that one should be done today or tomorrow". 4 weeks later, still no sign. Tried contacting customer service this morning and guess what ? Yep, the recorded message tells you to ring a number in connection with their "limited internet support" WTF?. Tried ringing that number (€1.75 a min) but of course it's engaged.

So their system doesn't work, their customer service is non existant, and now you can't even shout at a customer service rep ! Aaarrgghhh !!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Corker

I am getting well pissed off with Ryanair. I claimed a "flight credit" as a flight time was changed so much that I wouldmiss a connection. Flight credits will be processed within 7 working days says their e-mail. aFter 2 weeks I contacted the customer service desk and they said "oh yes, that one should be done today or tomorrow". 4 weeks later, still no sign. Tried contacting customer service this morning and guess what ? Yep, the recorded message tells you to ring a number in connection with their "limited internet support" WTF?. Tried ringing that number (€1.75 a min) but of course it's engaged.

So their system doesn't work, their customer service is non existant, and now you can't even shout at a customer service rep ! Aaarrgghhh !!!!1

I won a "free" flight this weekend on the way over to SNN. The "free" flight doesn't include taxes or airport charges, is limited to travelling on a Tues or Wed, must be used within 4 weeks and as a final insult, they cant guarantee that there will be a flight available! If you or I advertised any service with as many caveats we'd be done under the Trade Descriptions Act.
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

When it goes wrong with them it really goes wrong.

I'd drive to SNN if I were you Corker. Confront them at the desk. Create a bit of a stink. You might even get on tv [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                        When it goes wrong with them it really goes wrong.
                        Exactly. I'm lucky never had anything whatsoever go wrong. I've had far more minor things go wrong with other airlines
                        Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Actually in fairness I have just managed to get to speak to someone in customer service. They appeared surprised that it had taken so long to process the credit and did so there and then while I was on the phone. And it only took a few minutes after the initial 2 minutes of BS on the recorded message to get to speak to someone.

The net result is my trip to Geneva is now costing me €20 less than it was ! the rebooked flights were cheaper than the original ones[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Well done corker. You went the distance and got a good result[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

ah lads yez are all very unfair. O'Leary is a benefactor to Munsterfans one and all. We should vote him a free ticket to every Munster match to recognise his sterling service to us all......

Comment

Working...
                              X