RTE Sportsperson & Team of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTE Sportsperson & Team of the Year

Public vote, and then viewers get to text or mail on the night their final choice....

http://www.rte.ie/tv/thesportingyear/

oted for ROG.........instrumental in the Triple Crown winning Ireland Team.

Ran the show v CAstres away and Sale at home.
    Kicked us to the tin against USAP, was superb against leinster in the Semi......AND was flawless in the final, both with his place kicking and in chosing the right options through the game.

it really is going to come down to munster v ryder cup team for the team award. the sports person - heaven only knows .. could go to someone like Derval if one of the munster players doesn't get it.
    Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Went with Darren Clarke for obvious reasons and the Euro Ryder Cup
      team. Both Munster and Ireland would be worthy winners of the team
      prize too, but cant see past Clarke for the individual

Comment

Also voted for Rog.[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

What a crap voting site !! Won't take more than 200 "characters" - none of which can even be punctuation!!!

Voted for Munster (obviously!) and John Hayes. Always overly-criticised, always gives about 2000% and his coaches and team-mates (both Munster and Ireland) quite obviously have nothing but the greatest respect for him. He's even overlooked for MOTM awards!

G'wan The Bull!! [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am caught between 2 choices... ROG for the reasons bitter named above, and Fla for stepping up to the mark provincially and internationally....

because it will take a lot of nominations to overtake Darren Clarke, it is best to keep the vote united, so ROG it is... [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Although Darren Clarke will get the vote off all the ladyboys fans....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I agree that we should keep our votes united so ROG it is. That being said I agree entirely with SRG that the Bull really is one of our unsung heroes. He gets a lot of s**te from the meedjaabout his scrummagingbut if you look at his workrate in rucks and mauls and his lifting in the lineout you'll see his value to the team.
              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Let's make a call ! it's decision Time- Time for all to get behind one
                player. Options, Paul O Connell, ROG or Axel. Decide now, and all
                throw their weight behind that selection.
                Maybe we should have a poll over next 48 hours and then support
                whoever tops that poll.

Munster has to be team of the year. The Ryder cup comes no where
                close. The 3 Irish lads did great, made us proud and it was great to
                beat the US, but nothing comes close to our road to final glory in
                Cardiff.

Comment

The Ryder Cup team and Darren Clarke will get my vote for the BBC polls.

Above comment is not intended to be controversial btw.

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

If ROG does win, he will miss the awards ceremony because he will be kicking points for us in TP that night. Awards taking place on the 16th.
                    "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Why would you all get behind one player. Do you lack the ability to make your own decisions?@@@@SPAN style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;">@@@@SPAN style="">@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                        Why would you all get behind one player. Do you lack the ability to make your own decisions?@@@@SPAN style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;">@@@@SPAN style="">@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>
                        That might be it, I can't decide.

Comment

I didn't want to vote for Clarke, as he doesn't want the sympathy vote, he has said so himself.....and after that he din't really achieve a heel of a lot............I KNOW WHAT HE CAME BACK FROM, and that was an achievment in itself, all I am saying is that aside.........

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                            Why would you all get behind one player. Do you lack the ability to make your own decisions?@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">@@@@SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>

Because we have so many who are worthy of the honour. Obviously,Ep you are unfamiliar with such a dilemma.
                            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Golf is crap so that excludes him automatically [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]. ROG and Munster.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X