Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anybody fortunate enough to find themselves in Shanghai you should check out The Blarney Stone pub in Dongping Lu. Good pub with music for a couple of hours most nights, great Guinness although it would want to be for 7 euro a pint and they have the matches on the TV.

For those who'd prefer to stay away from the Irish Bars a good place to go would be the Big Bamboo. There's three of these sportsbars in Shanghai. One is in Nan Yang Lu which is just off the most famous street in Asia, Nanjing Lu(Nanjing Road) so is very central and handy. There is another one in Hong Mei Lu which is a very lively street with lots of bars and restaurants. This one is visually more impressive but is not as busy. The other one is across the river in Pudong but I haven't been in that one. They have every sport you'd want and lots you wouldn't on their many TV screens and for anybody who likes bar waitresses, or whatever you want to call them, who are nice looking and wearing short skirts you won't be disappointed here.

That said there is a lady who works in Malone's American Bar on Tongren Lu who is just pure class. The bar itself is OK.

Comment

OK this is probably a forlorn effort but anybody have any idea of a place to catch HC (Toulon, LI) in Islamabad?
      Internet is probably my best chance hopefully some of you all will have a match thread in case I cant get anything
      time to get a new job methinks

Comment

Lads any advice on where to watch rugby the Ireland v England match in Manchester? Needs to be near Old Trafford.
        Fachtna....a grumpy pr1ck since 1981.

Comment

Any one know a pub in Amsterdam for Ireland V England this weekend. We are staying just off Dam square. Thanks

Comment

a pal of mine at work is heading over to sicily Italy for holidays will be staying near Catania, Taormina, is there any bar around there that will be showing the H cup final on the 21st of May. Thanks
            Say no to Lee Jeans and black pointy shoes!

Comment

Going to be in Ennis on Saturday,need to know a good rugby pub ?to watch it??

Comment

Official MRSC venue is patricks bar in the market as they are the sponsors for Ennis RFC and our very own Patman is/was the club PRO when MRSc came up with their list of official venues. In fairness to them they do look after their customers, my problem is that there tends to be more of a soccer crew in there than rugby.

Personally I prefer lucas's on Parnell street as it's the one pub in town where the regular's are first and foremost rugby fans rather than soccer fan's forced to watch rugby. It also helps that a fair chunk of the regulars in there are tag rugby players I've played with or reffed so I'm certain to know someone.

I believe the diamond on O'connell St has a similar crowd, but it's a very small pub so fills quickly.
                Mossy's also on parnell st now has a rugby player owner as does Johnno's out on the Quin rd., same guy owns both and his father owns the diamond.
                Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

'll go with your reccomendation of Lucas's so depending on the crowd,thx for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Over the top View Post
                    Any one know a pub in Amsterdam for Ireland V England this weekend. We are staying just off Dam square. Thanks
                    My normal choice when in the Dam is Coco's Outback on the Rembrantplein (well technically on thorbeckeplein - but it's contiguous). Good crowd but not very Irish ;-) (very international)

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Going to be in Ennis on Saturday,need to know a good rugby pub ?to watch it??
                      Go west young man. Flanagan's in Lahinch.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                        Go west young man. Flanagan's in Lahinch.
                        Is that an invitation,because if it is thats dangerous talk? We are staying in Ennis for a few days.
                        Last edited by taz; 14th-March-2012, 11:27.

Comment

Anyone know of a bar to watch the Quarter Final in Lisbon, Portugal?
                          I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Anyone know a good pub in York to watch Munster-Ulster on Easter Sunday?
                            Girlfriend\'s English Boss: That Gaelic Football you lot play is a bit mad isn\'t it?

Girlfriend: That\'s nothing, you should watch a game of hurling. Think hockey except the ball is harder, it flies around the place and the sticks have bits of metal on the end of them.

GEB: Woah, sounds dangerous.

GF: Yeah, you can understand why some lads wear helmets, sure people have died.

GEB: What, from being hit in the head?

GF: No, they were shot by the English.

Comment

anyone no where can watch the quarter final in la

Comment

Anyone know of a bar in Prague that will be showing the Rabo Pro12 game between Munster and Leinster.

Fcuking booked flights without realising that game was on the same day

Comment

Working...
                                X