This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Awful. I'm not a techie but it seems to me like it doenst buffer. Just freezes and you have to reload the entire time. Might be better if you watch off peak hours but I havent had a good experience
    NBC which has the HEC is pretty good
    Tip if you are in the US trying to watch rugby on ESPN

Just watched Ireland NZ without a single drop - the secret is to watch it through a VPN. Not sure why but saw somebody posting it on a forum about how the ISPs slow down your signal once they detect you on ESPN but on a VPN they dont (I am in the US and connected through the US - it probably wont work if they think you are overseas. So for the first time ever I watched an entire game uninterrupted.
    Before, watching was a nightmare, lucky to get 5 minutes without the connection dropping

Comment

Fellow MFers - never asked this before - but where do Munster folk gather in Dublin nowadays to watch Munster on TV? Here for the weekend and, sadly, will be missing at TP ..
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Coppers!
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Whats the story with ESPN coverage in the US, is it a streaming only affair or is it broadcast TV?

Comment

Hey all, fairly straight foreword enough one here I think... where to watch in London if anyone has an idea? I think the London branch aren’t at the sports bar & grill now.

Sheephaven still going? Games with volume? Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers, Tel
            The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by <BM> View Post
              Whats the story with ESPN coverage in the US, is it a streaming only affair or is it broadcast TV?
              AFAIK its streaming only. The best part of it is that its only $5 a month, and shows all Pro14 games. Problem is the stream is pure ****e. Borderline unwatchable. Saw a tip online to access via a VPN, and that worked OK for a while, but then that stopped working (maybe the ISP cottoned on?). I'm not a techie but I read the ISPs slow down the stream, presumably 'cos ESPN pays the minimum for their service. So I went back to accessing regular and its improved but I only get half a game without any interruption but usually the second half cuts in and out. Stream doesn't buffer so when you lose it, you lose it and have to reload the page which is pretty annoying
              By contrast NBC Gold which shows the Heineken Cup and Six nations is a good service

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

AFAIK its streaming only. The best part of it is that its only $5 a month, and shows all Pro14 games. Problem is the stream is pure ****e. Borderline unwatchable. Saw a tip online to access via a VPN, and that worked OK for a while, but then that stopped working (maybe the ISP cottoned on?). I'm not a techie but I read the ISPs slow down the stream, presumably 'cos ESPN pays the minimum for their service. So I went back to accessing regular and its improved but I only get half a game without any interruption but usually the second half cuts in and out. Stream doesn't buffer so when you lose it, you lose it and have to reload the page which is pretty annoying
                By contrast NBC Gold which shows the Heineken Cup and Six nations is a good service
                Thanks for that, just wondering if it'd be shown live anywhere in New York, probably not if it's streaming only.

Comment

Thanks for that, just wondering if it'd be shown live anywhere in New York, probably not if it's streaming only.
                  Would also like to know names of any pubs in new york to watch gloucester match.
                  Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Hi all, I'm moving over to Munich at the end of the month. What's the best way to watch pro 14 and heineken cup rugby?

Comment

Emailed mrsc usa and they meet in the Halfway line but that is outside manhattan
                      Will try McGettigans and Playwright
                      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Finally kids old enough to look after themselves, where's the best place to watch Glouster game in LIMERICK ? Its not funny how long it has been since i went to a pub for a game.

Comment

Hey, Any one recommend someplace to watch the quarter final in Hong Kong, only there for that night? We are staying in the causeway bay area .
                          Thanks

Comment

Long shot but here goes.....anybody know anything about watching Six Nations in Kinshasa? I figure some French or South African satellite channel will have it but looking for a venue.

Comment

Anyone recommend a good place in Cardiff to watch U 20s V Wales next Friday ?
                              S4C & RTE both showing it

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                                Anyone recommend a good place in Cardiff to watch U 20s V Wales next Friday ?
                                S4C & RTE both showing it
                                No shortage of pubs in Cardiff, including the likes of Wetherspoons, O'Neills and Walkabout. Not sure if you class them as good! Last time I was there for the Heineken Final in 2014, was in an Irish pub on St Mary Street. It appears it is now a craft ale pub called the Cambrian Tap.

Comment

Working...
                                X