Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tix & travel: Racing 92 Vs Munster- EC Semi-Final, Bordeaux 22 April 3:15pm BT Sport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tix & travel: Racing 92 Vs Munster- EC Semi-Final, Bordeaux 22 April 3:15pm BT Sport

It doesn’t get any easier, but after eclipsing the stars of Toulon, who gave what their Coach called a Season’s best performance, Munster rock up to the final four weekend with confidence born of achievement.

Racing are a known quantity. Donncha Ryan was again prominent in their dismantling of Clermont in Montferrand. Dan Carter came into the game and his pass unlocked the home defence to set up the crucial daylight-making try.

The Parisian team is playing like ROG wanted them to, worse luck. Munster were close in the indoor game. Fresh air and real grass suits us (and our Golden Vale dairy herds) that much better.

Bordeaux is known for its Reds. Time to add Munster Red to the collection.

Mumhan Abú!

More about the venue http://www.bordeaux.fr/l2
    Last edited by mr chips; 20th-April-2018, 11:49.

Any idea how tickets will be sold for this? Will it be MRSC full members or public sale etc. Thanks.
    and my home, my home is there.

Comment

That is the big question now.

All guidance, information and half baked rumours welcome.

Going on experience of away semifinals since 2009 tickets should not be a problem for Munsterfans. One loyal disciple is warning of higher than usual Munster travelling support this time so we shall have to see what emerges from the MRSC engine room. They will not be found wanting in producing fast accurate information I predict.

Comment

I know there’s no definite answers available yet... but..

I want to make the trip over to Bordeaux but HAVE to be in work on the Monday morning in Limerick so the flights from Dublin aren’t really an option for me. Does anyone know if the charter flights go from Shannon that companies like Killester/Munster Travel put on? Prices have well and truly been hiked by Aerlingus already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
          Any idea how tickets will be sold for this? Will it be MRSC full members or public sale etc. Thanks.
          It’s a semi so the ERC’s gig. Usually season ticket holders get a link/access to buy (last year for example), and you may recall, worse seats were sold first via this process than were available later.

Never been an issue getting a ticket at an away semi in France, once the initial panic dies down (like then1/4 Final this week). Clermont would have filled their allocation and Racing unlikely to bring anywhere near the same numbers. When we played Clermont in 2013 attendance was less than 33k and think estimate then was about 9k Munster. Toulon semi think we had about 8k at.

We we played and won in Bordeaux previously -2000 semi vs Toulouse ... John Hayes scored.... think it’s same ground just renamed
          Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post

I want to make the trip over to Bordeaux but HAVE to be in work on the Monday morning in Limerick so the flights from Dublin aren’t really an option for me. Does anyone know if the charter flights go from Shannon that companies like Killester/Munster Travel put on? Prices have well and truly been hiked by Aerlingus already

Munster (aka Killester) travel afaik are responsible for team charter so always at least one ex Shannon if not more. Aer lingus have announced edxtra flights ex Dublin for Munster apparently ignoring the 2 big airports in Munster which are more convenient for Munster supporters.
            Ryanairs Cork Bordeaux route starts in May but there's a precedent for them introducing routes earlier.
            Dawson sports travel also have message on FB to ascertain expressions of interest ex Cork

Comment

yes, in the past they have gone from Shannon with day return and overnight on the team flight etc being available. Can be expensive too mind
              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

I would be pretty confident that Killester will be all over this! I’d ring and register interest tomorrow, they always like to have demand flagged. Shannon and Cork very likely I’d say!

Comment

Cheers everyone. Have emailed Killester and Dawson travel.

Comment

Assuming it’s the Sunday. Anybody got any ideas to get there sun fly back mon before Ryanair jack up prices ??

Comment

Please be on Sunday! I have to work on Saturday🙃

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                        Assuming it’s the Sunday. Anybody got any ideas to get there sun fly back mon before Ryanair jack up prices ??
                        BA do bordeaux /Gatwick Cork has daily flight to Gatwick Ryanair not sure about Shannon

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

It is Racing in Bordeaux so I think we have a real opportunity to outnumber them and make this a home game.
                          Support was absolutely superb yesterday, let's keep it going!
                          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

I'm flying out of Birmingham 06:55 on Sat..arrive Bordeaux 10:00.return Monday 13:00.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Booked from Belfast to Luton/Luton to Bordeaux. Had to go out Friday, return Monday but the total cost was £202 with easyjet. There are other options through that weekend going out from Luton, in case anyone else might be able to make use of that connection.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X