Paul Kimmage drugs in ruby.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Kimmage drugs in ruby.

There's a piece on drugs in rugby with a Munster slant on balls.ie this morning. I reckon there's nothing in it anyone didn't know already but are munsterfans happy?
    "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

I've no problem with Kimmage channelling his inner Kimmage but he needs to do it in a balanced and meaningful way. If he wants to be so passionate about rugby then keep up to date with current affairs, ihe obviously only found out about Grobbler now and that just looks spiteful when he jumps on it

This is a number of times he has had a cut off of Munster.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

poor Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
        I've no problem with Kimmage channelling his inner Kimmage but he needs to do it in a balanced and meaningful way. If he wants to be so passionate about rugby then keep up to date with current affairs, ihe obviously only found out about Grobbler now and that just looks spiteful when he jumps on it

Monday night rugby (EOS and Stephen Ferris) spent most of slot talking about it yet again last night.
        The weekend's matches were almost an afterthought.

Comment

Darce and Shaggy had a go at Munster over Grobler on Second Captains yesterday

This too by the Malachy Clerkin (who is one of their better sports writers)

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...hand-1.3355084

For what it’s worth, Munster signed Grobler on July 6th last year, just before the third Lions Test against New Zealand. O’Sullivan was on Newstalk three days previously but just like every other member of the rugby media, he was – not at all unreasonably – elbow-deep in the compelling series that was taking place on the other side of the planet. It’s not ideal that Grobler’s past didn’t get a full airing that week but it’s entirely understandable.What’s much more difficult to fathom is why anyone should care about that aspect of the story. All it does is take attention away from the substantive fact at hand. And of course, Munster are doing enough of that by themselves.
          Note the language used by Johann van Graan when talking about Grobler last week. “I believe life is very simple,” he said. “All of us sitting here, everybody in life makes mistakes. I believe life is 10 per cent what happens and 90 per cent how you react to it.”
          Dropping a ball in a lineout is making a mistake. Knocking on with the line at your mercy is a mistake. The difference between a mistake and what Grobler did is pure intent. When Grobler has spoken about his decision to take steroids, he has made clear that it was a deliberate act, done in the full knowledge that it was against the rules.
          If we apply van Graan’s equation to this case, the 10 per cent was the ankle and shoulder injuries that wouldn’t clear up, the 90 per cent was the drostanolone Grobler took as his short-cut.

Comment

By all means bring in life bans for people who take steroids but don't try to
            apply it retrospectively.
            He did the crime and did the time.
            Nobody should be even mentioning his name.
            Journalists especially those of a 'moral guardian' variety care more about a story than someone's life

Comment

I'm on the fence on this personally but I voiced those concerns at the time. If you had more than a passing interest in rugby you knew about this last summer, coming to the party now just smacks of an agenda.

"Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                By all means bring in life bans for people who take steroids but don't try to
                apply it retrospectively.
                He did the crime and did the time.
                Nobody should be even mentioning his name.
                Journalists especially those of a 'moral guardian' variety care more about a story than someone's life

Certainly agree with you on this re Kimmage and Franno

I think Franno played on an irish team who had a player nicknamed The Chemist on it back in the day too - it didnt seem to prick his conscious back then
                "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post

Yep, his snide tweets and that kind of stuff don’t help his cause.

If he has such a bee in his bonnet about drugs in rugby he should investigate it properly and, if he can find evidence of widespread use, or any use, at the elite level then by all means expose it.

I personally don’t think doping is an issue in Irish professional rugby. Somebody would have blown a whistle at this point.

No idea what might be happening at lower levels but looking at the size of our U20s every year relative to their peers in the RWC, we aren’t producing suspiciously large or powerful young fellas either.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    Yep, his snide tweets and that kind of stuff don’t help his cause.

If he has such a bee in his bonnet about drugs in rugby he should investigate it properly and, if he can find evidence of widespread use, or any use, at the elite level then by all means expose it.

I personally don’t think doping is an issue in Irish professional rugby. Somebody would have blown a whistle at this point.

No idea what might be happening at lower levels but looking at the size of our U20s every year relative to their peers in the RWC, we aren’t producing suspiciously large or powerful young fellas either.
                    Don't be too naive, where you have competitive strength and speed based sports you will have the potential for PED's. It would not surprise me in the slightest to find out there are issues.

Comment

Again? Been done to death already, maybe the guy needs a public flogging? Kimmage is the Katie Hopkins of sport at this stage, he hates everything - no cycling, golf now or GAA at this stage of the year so to stay relevant it's rugby season.

We breed a strange hating/bitter type of journalist in this country - Kimmage, Hook, McKenna, Walsh, Francis.
                      Last edited by Tobyglen; 16th-January-2018, 14:59.

Comment

McKenna is a beauty. Living in Brasil whilst writing about keeping Ireland for the Irish. You couldnt make it up.

Comment

Kimmage is the finest sports journalist in the country, one of the few actual sports journalists to my mind. Of course it's not pleasant when he turns his ire to a sporting institution I'm particularly fond of but the man's achievements as an investigative sporting journalists are without compare.

He's an extremely brave individual who has been proved invariably right countless times throughout his career. There's a lot of attacking the writer and not the writing when it comes to Kimmage but to all those who decry him you could do worse than look up his history with Matt Hampson before you accuse of him hating all sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                            McKenna is a beauty. Living in Brasil whilst writing about keeping Ireland for the Irish. You couldnt make it up.
                            Wasn't half the noise around their friend Tom Humphreys who destroyed a young girls life. Even an obituary for him in the Irish Times at one stage. Didn't see Kimmage ranting and raving on every radio show about his buddy, he talked about it but it was buried soon after.
                            This is a pretty dreadful witch hunt on the lad at this stage, he's like a pariah at this stage, worth remembering he's only 25, served his time and is trying to rebuild his career.

Comment

Originally posted by donnersredpants View Post
                              Kimmage is the finest sports journalist in the country, one of the few actual sports journalists to my mind. Of course it's not pleasant when he turns his ire to a sporting institution I'm particularly fond of but the man's achievements as an investigative sporting journalists are without compare.

He's an extremely brave individual who has been proved invariably right countless times throughout his career. There's a lot of attacking the writer and not the writing when it comes to Kimmage but to all those who decry him you could do worse than look up his history with Matt Hampson before you accuse of him hating all sports.
                              Noone doubts he's done some fine work but he stoops low to keep his name in lights.

See Jim Gavin and his constant attacks on the Dubs for not celebrating enough, See his comments on Jamie Heaslip and the "fake" injury. Embarrassing journalism.

Comment

Working...
                              X