Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    Fair play for bringing the three.
    He picked the three best ones in fairness. It was a hard decision
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by finbarrk View Post
    They had totally overbooked the busses. I can't understand why they were still taking bookings up to the night before the game when it was obvious that they weren't going to be able to cater for everyone. I ended up driving myself as there wasn't a hope I was going to get on in Annacotty anywhere near the 10.05 that I had booked. I brought 3 more with me from the queue.
    It will be Irish Rail for me if we get to the Pro 12 final.
    Fair play for bringing the three.

Leave a comment:

• finbarrk
    replied
    They had totally overbooked the busses. I can't understand why they were still taking bookings up to the night before the game when it was obvious that they weren't going to be able to cater for everyone. I ended up driving myself as there wasn't a hope I was going to get on in Annacotty anywhere near the 10.05 that I had booked. I brought 3 more with me from the queue.
    It will be Irish Rail for me if we get to the Pro 12 final.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Apparently there was just one fella one at the Red Cow Luas as well. I was talking to a couple and they said it was carnage there too.

BTW I parked in Clanna Gael Fontenoy GAA club in Irishtown. 10 mins walk to the stadium and straight out onto the East Wall / Port Tunnel afterwards. Twas grand and easy.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    There was a double decker type, Green Bus broken down on the southbound M7 as we headed up that morning, might have been a factor, aswell as the two collisions on the M7 on the way up, heard of many people just making it in on time, there being a mad rush of folk running into the stadium at KO.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by xRedmanx View Post
    Green bus was an absolute farce yesterday. My Dad had 10.15 bus booked, was at Arthurs Key at 9.30 and didnt get on a bus until 11.30. Got to Dublin city centre around KO and missed the entire 1st half. Hundreds of people had similar issues. They had massively overbooked.

Expecting a full refund, but any chance of other compensation? Their incompetence cost him half of the €75 ticket he had paid for.
    That is really crappy.

Leave a comment:

• xRedmanx
    replied
    Green bus was an absolute farce yesterday. My Dad had 10.15 bus booked, was at Arthurs Key at 9.30 and didnt get on a bus until 11.30. Got to Dublin city centre around KO and missed the entire 1st half. Hundreds of people had similar issues. They had massively overbooked.

Expecting a full refund, but any chance of other compensation? Their incompetence cost him half of the €75 ticket he had paid for.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Green Bus for Semi final

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    Car is paid for and I can get a refund. It's not much but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a taxi. Aircoach was an option but I reckon it'll be manic after the game.

Gonna park at the Point and walk down. Thanks for all your suggestions folks and helpful PMs.

Ye are a good lot!
    Walk across the east link and then get the air coach or 747.

Ignore that - presume you meant that you can't get a refund.
    Last edited by The Last Stand; 21st-April-2017, 11:36.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by buster View Post
    Might be a bit late now but would scrapping the car and taking the air coach in and a taxi back be an option? Take Sulla's option and head back towards the Point but get a cab along the way. Don't think it'd cost more than €35 and you'd have the bus lanes.
    Car is paid for and I can get a refund. It's not much but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a taxi. Aircoach was an option but I reckon it'll be manic after the game.

Gonna park at the Point and walk down. Thanks for all your suggestions folks and helpful PMs.

Ye are a good lot!

Leave a comment:

• buster
    replied
    Originally posted by Kavy View Post
    Fitzy. Now that I know your availabile time post match I'd scratch what I sent you. When you initially mentioned parking in Old Wesley it was a good fit.

Sulla's tunnel + Point suggestion is probably the way to go. You'll pay though.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk
    Might be a bit late now but would scrapping the car and taking the air coach in and a taxi back be an option? Take Sulla's option and head back towards the Point but get a cab along the way. Don't think it'd cost more than €35 and you'd have the bus lanes.

Leave a comment:

• Kavy
    replied
    Fitzy. Now that I know your availabile time post match I'd scratch what I sent you. When you initially mentioned parking in Old Wesley it was a good fit.

Sulla's tunnel + Point suggestion is probably the way to go. You'll pay though.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Upfront_1979
    replied
    Originally posted by redster View Post
    Whereabouts in Heuston can you park Up Front?
    Back of the station is a massive car park

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Park at the Point? 20 mins walk from Aviva, you'll get straight on to the Tunnel and airport

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Airport. Hence the rush. I reckon the bus will be mental after the game so hired a car. Which I'm now starting to regret. I think I'll be ok though as nearly all the traffic will be heading south and I'm going north.

Irishtown to Dublin airport is 16 mins on Google maps. Obviously it'll be a bit longer Saturday evening but if I can do it in less than an hour I'm fine.

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    Fitzy, are you heading Whest after the game or back to the airport? If the airport it's probably too late now but you'd be better off getting the 747 or 757 and linking in to the DART.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X