Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stopped using the Ace stream because it's become terrible. The sound is working in real time but the picture keeps freezing, like all the time. Anyone else have this problem this season?
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Do you need to upgrade the app? Mine is working fine
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        Do you need to upgrade the app? Mine is working fine
        Good thought. I've removed and re-installed the latest download version (version 2.2.7?). I'll check it out the next time there's an opportunity.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Please excuse my complete ignorance of all things technical, but can I download an App to watch Acestream on an IPad?

Comment

PP you know that the game is on Channel 4 right?

​​​​​​
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
              PP you know that the game is on Channel 4 right?

​​​​​​
              I do and, hopefully, Nora and I are being sent home from hospital, after six long days of tests, for 48 hours so I should be able to watch it on tv. But I was wondering longer term.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

I do and, hopefully, Nora and I are being sent home from hospital, after six long days of tests, for 48 hours so I should be able to watch it on tv. But I was wondering longer term.
                Hope she's doing ok mate.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Yeah. Best of luck to you both
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

*edit* posted mistakenly instead of a PM
                    Last edited by kingtiger; 21st-January-2019, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                      I've stopped using the Ace stream because it's become terrible. The sound is working in real time but the picture keeps freezing, like all the time. Anyone else have this problem this season?
                      what problems are you having?

but bare in mind some streams have increased in Bitrate, you are now looking at 800-1200Kb/s so you need at least 5-10Mbs Internet speed

the stream will not work well on an older Laptop, you would need at least an i5 for playback to be smooth for 50fps

a few tips

always delete your Acestream cache (right click acestream in your clock area, options, advanced, clear cache)

if you are experiencing buffering, pause the stream for 30-45 seconds until the blue bar fills up a bit on the player client, this is a buffer and will help playback (you can also set your playback buffer side in Acestream options)

you can use also use Sodaplayer on Macs to playback streams with Acestream (I have no experience with this)
                      Last edited by kingtiger; 21st-January-2019, 11:30.

Comment

Last edited by mr chips; 1st-February-2019, 21:20.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Last edited by mr chips; 1st-February-2019, 21:20.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by kingtiger View Post

what problems are you having?

but bare in mind some streams have increased in Bitrate, you are now looking at 800-1200Kb/s so you need at least 5-10Mbs Internet speed

the stream will not work well on an older Laptop, you would need at least an i5 for playback to be smooth for 50fps

a few tips

always delete your Acestream cache (right click acestream in your clock area, options, advanced, clear cache)

if you are experiencing buffering, pause the stream for 30-45 seconds until the blue bar fills up a bit on the player client, this is a buffer and will help playback (you can also set your playback buffer side in Acestream options)

you can use also use Sodaplayer on Macs to playback streams with Acestream (I have no experience with this)
                            Hi KT - Just seen this post, thanks. I'll have a look at your comments. I have an i5-421OU, whatever that variant is.

My internet speed tonight is showing at 50+ MB/s download, although I know it varies a bit.

I'm using Ace Player HD 2.2.7 (VLC 2.0.5).

I can't follow those instructions for clearing Ace cache, but I'll try again later. Thanks.

Comment

I tried to clear my cache too, as recommended, but can’t figure out how
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Can you see the Ace icon on your taskbar? On my (rather old, Win 7) machine, there are a few icons beside the clock on the taskbar, with a little "drop-up" (pop-up?) arrow to the left of them. When I click on that it reveals a few more, including the one for Ace Stream. Right-click on that, and a little menu appears - the top one is "Options ..." as per KT's guidance above. That brings up the Ace Stream Options menu, towards the bottom of which is the Advanced button. Click on that, then click on the button that says "Clear disk cache".
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X