Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigers Away, Saturday December 17th

Hi everyone,

In booking my flights to the Tigers away game, I adopted a fairly foolish "book now, questions later" approach, which sees me arriving into Birmingham Airport at 7.35am on Saturday, and heading back at 8am Sunday morning.

My question is this; if there are other Munster fans who find themselves in a similar predicament, would there be interest in pooling our resources together and hiring a minibus?

Good train service from Brum airport to Leicester. I'd use that tbh.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
      Thanks for the feedback, Mig. The difficulty is that the train doesn't run in time on the Sunday morning.

Comment

Car hire is pretty reasonable if you don't mind foregoing a few refreshing beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
          Thanks for the feedback, Mig. The difficulty is that the train doesn't run in time on the Sunday morning.
          Find a few fellow supporters travelling back on the same flight.

You will get a 6/8 seat taxi from Leicester to Birmingham Airport for about £50.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
            Find a few fellow supporters travelling back on the same flight.

You will get a 6/8 seat taxi from Leicester to Birmingham Airport for about £50.
            Thanks glorob.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
              As I posted elsewhere the train from B'ham to Leics is usually a safe bet and hassle free. However for your particular travel arrangement's. Saturday morning you will have no problem and you can book in advance for about £14. Returning so early on Sunday it won't be an option. Earliest train to the airport leaves after 10.

Options: Taxi early Sun morning from hotel.

Or, don't bother with hotlel stay out on the lash after the game in Leicester get taxi to airport in the early hours, few hours kip while waiting for plane. it's a 24 hour airport.

I am happy to help with Taxis if anyone needs it. Or there is a lad I know who does taxi runs in his small car for much less than a normal taxi, handy for a couple or if your are alone.
              www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

What time's the last train? I'd move my hotel booking to an airport hotel and take the last train out of Leicester. It's bastarding early to be making an airport run.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

What hotel do you need? Out till 5, Uber to airport.

Simples.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                    As I posted elsewhere the train from B'ham to Leics is usually a safe bet and hassle free. However for your particular travel arrangement's. Saturday morning you will have no problem and you can book in advance for about £14. Returning so early on Sunday it won't be an option. Earliest train to the airport leaves after 10.

Options: Taxi early Sun morning from hotel.

Or, don't bother with hotlel stay out on the lash after the game in Leicester get taxi to airport in the early hours, few hours kip while waiting for plane. it's a 24 hour airport.

I am happy to help with Taxis if anyone needs it. Or there is a lad I know who does taxi runs in his small car for much less than a normal taxi, handy for a couple or if your are alone.
                    Not bothering with a hotel - heading over with a mate and our plan is to just stay on the lash, really. Saw a Leicester cab company quoting £59 one-way to Birmingham Airport. Steve, if you could put me in touch with your contact, I'd really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
                      Not bothering with a hotel - heading over with a mate and our plan is to just stay on the lash, really. Saw a Leicester cab company quoting £59 one-way to Birmingham Airport. Steve, if you could put me in touch with your contact, I'd really appreciate it!
                      I like your style, I have done a few trips like that meself. Do you want him to pick you up on the Saturday as well?
                      www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                        I like your style, I have done a few trips like that meself. Do you want him to pick you up on the Saturday as well?
                        Drop me an email, contact though the link below or though work www.mullenandkellyconstruction.co.uk.

I am don't get on here much nowadays.
                        www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Tickets on General sale.
                          The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                            Tickets on General sale.
                            Great news. Any particular block recommended?
                            Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
                              Great news. Any particular block recommended?
                              Sorry no fella. I had an Email from London MRSC last week and i booked with them so no idea what i'm getting. But if it helps they were £25 a piece.
                              The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Working...
                              X